Chapter 9: Wade
733 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Next Day arrived and it was just a normal routine for Liam.

Wake up, Train your skills, and finally just work on what you are currently doing.

Most of the things on his list were just common routines for him except for the last one being just what he plans on doing right now. Or the next week.

Since he had studied Artificial Intelligence yesterday, he decided that he was going to tackle making his own Artificial Intelligence using some game scripts and studying how AIs work.

So, Liam just did what he usually does except that Wade called out to him suddenly in his room.

"Hey Liam, I want to talk with you later. Come meet me here by tonight." He tossed the address to Liam before leaving his room. Confused since he looks a bit serious when talking to Liam when he usually just make kiddy remarks. Usually calling him Kid or Brat.

Liam open the paper and saw the name of the place he told him to go to his eyes widen and his hands began to shake as Liam felt like he want to pass out from the sheer shock of the location to where Wade was planning on Sending Liam.

[Sister Margaret's School for Wayward Children]

'Is Uncle....' Fear began to sprout inside his head after seeing the name of the place as even with his intellect, there was one conclusion given from the location he gave and from the look earlier he has shown him.

******

"Hahahahahahahahahahaha!"

"...................."

"Jesus Wade, You literally scared the living outta the kid."

Liam's fears were unfounded after arriving at the location Wade had sent him as he was laughing so much that he was clutching on the table, trying not to fall off from his laughter.

The Bartender and a colleague of Wade, Weasel just sighs at him who was clearly displeased at his actions after looking at Liam who was currently huddling his head down while clearly feeling embarrassed after what he did after arriving at this place.

Weasel had known about Liam from Wade who told stories about him, even showing off Liam like he was his actual son after revealing his skills towards Weasel which he was impressed with and even want to hire Liam to work as an information Broker or a hacker for the mercenary group.

Yet, Wade didn't inform Liam of his workplace and even kept him in the dark for a long while until he decided to tell him today and...

Wade and Weasel were just casually chatting and bonding like old comrades when Liam bash inside the place and quickly ran up to Wade with tears in his eyes.

"Uncle! I promise I won't blackmail you again anymore. I'll even stop buying hotdogs."

Kneeling and crying in front of Wade, Weasel just stares at the Duo with a wide look, as with the guests who were inside to see the commotion as Wade just trying to hold his laugh while looking at the pathetic Liam begging him which he hasn't seen in a long while.

"Please don't send me to the orphanage again. I will work har...." By the time Liam realizes his surroundings, he turns to the guys who were just drinking beer, playing at the pool but all their attention was drawn by Liam who look like an idiot right now after seeing rough-looking guys staring at him.

"........Hi?"

"Gahahaha-Gah!" Wade burst out laughing in sheer joy, seeing such a spectacle he made which sums up such ingenious plot that Liam, even with his intelligence couldn't retort.

Wade knew that Liam was narrow-headed when it comes to 'Orphanage' or 'Adoption' as he couldn't view things once he mentions the two.

It especially gives even more of an impact for Liam since the name of the bar was something Liam would scream in panic after learning the name of it, making the surprise even more priceless to see.

Going back to the present time...

"Sorry Kid, I just want to see your reaction after learning this place I work at." Wade finally stops laughing yet still chuckles from time to time as Liam was still embarrassed by Wade's 'Joke'.

"Uncle. I know that even with your joke, this talk with you is something important right?"

"....Nah, I just want to spend time with you kid."

Wade just smiles at Liam who chugs down his beer while fondling the kid's head as he praises his achievements to Weasel.

He also had a bad childhood like Liam yet it wasn't much worse at what the kid endured in his life. Wade always felt that Liam haven't coped much with his past as the reaction of being independent was still far from Liam's mind.

"......." Thinking about what the doctor had said to him and Vanessa when he fainted during their date, Wade knew that he can't stay together with Liam, especially after seeing his recent reaction to the term adoption.

'Should I do it? Would it really work?' He knew the risk of some untested experiment which he was recruited by some organization but...

"Kid. You gotta start thinking about what your gonna do in life and not follow me around anymore. You'll be an adult soon so you shouldn't rely on me anymore."

"......W-what?" Probably from the reaction of Wade being concerned for his future, Liam had snapped awake from his embarrassed state as he turned to Wade with wide eyes, feeling that Wade this time was now actually serious for once.

"Listen, kid. Your 17 right now, probably 18 by next year and I'm just your father figure who just adopt you. With your intelligence and how much you have right now, you can even live a good life without me having to constantly watch you anymore."

"............"

Liam look down at the table as Wade was chugging on his drink, thinking of the future both of them were going to walk.

He was right considering Liam was almost an adult by society's standards. Hell, even for a kid, his income could probably buy him a good job, start up a company and even have excess money to spend for him to live a leisurely life.

Considering how profitable he and Wade work as a Mercenary/info broker-cum-hacker, money for Liam wasn't an issue for him anymore considering how much Liam has in his bank account.

The main reason why Liam still lives a modest life and even cheapens out his lifestyle was mainly that he is still dependant on Wade's company for his entire life.

For Liam, Wade was always there for him. From his past to his present life right now.

So...

"Liam, I need to go somewhere so...."

Liam just woke up from his bed, the blinding light of early morning as he noticed that something was wrong.

He turned to his desk and only a letter was found.

It was only later did he find out that Wade was gone...

26