Chapter 10: New Life
721 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is this Liam?" A woman called out to Liam, staring at the house while he turned to her with a dry smile on his face.

"Auntie, this is actually a gift from me and Wade." He was trying to force a smile at Vanessa who was clearly confused when she look at the house that was better than the place she live.

Clearly, this was something that she couldn't buy even if she slept with a lot of guys as she turns to Liam with doubt but he smiled at her as he walk towards the house and took out a key.

"Wade wanted to surprise you since he gave me the task to look for a house and clean this place up after he wanted to be together with you." Liam opens the door and shows Vanessa around the place as he continues introducing the place for her. He was already an expert at navigating the place since he not only bought this place but also decorate it with Wade's instructions and Vanessa's thoughts on their house.

She wanted this place to be homely for the three of them. A Merc, a Prostitute, and a traumatized kid, all in a warm place where they could be together and feel the love that they didn't have as children.

Vanessa already warmed up to Liam who she already treated as a child of her own. But she was still insecure about herself since she didn't know if she was worthy to be called a mother, considering her career which sold her body to others.

Wade didn't mind as he had always been happy that she accept his love for her while Liam doesn't care since he had always been happy that she was someone Wade love and deeply trust due to how kind she was to him.

Both of them toured the place to which Vanessa was tearful since she never really thought about having a better life while Liam was still mad as he took the letter from his pocket.

[Heya Kid. I got to head somewhere dangerous which I plan on going there alone. Those guys say that the thing they were working on could cure my cancer but only on the condition that no one should know.

Bah, I don't plan on getting mushy and shit and just gonna tell you to take care of your Aunt. Uncle's going to get himself cure for both your sakes.]

'............Uncle Wade....' Liam was still in denial due to being with Wade for the second half of his life and being someone important to him which he was still burdened by the loneliness he left with him.

"Hey, Liam? I think you should see this. But you should probably know about this techy stuff at the basement."

"Techy stuff at the Basement....?" Liam was confused as he didn't even know about Technology down below the Basement. Considering he was the one who work on the house for Wade and Vanessa.

He decided to check out the basement to know what Vanessa means as he heads there and clearly his expression had explained his reaction.

".....Uncle Wade...."

".........."

Liam began tearing up as he look at the basement with tears of joy as he didn't expect Wade to do this for him. Vanessa comforts the crying Liam as she also expresses anger and pain, seeing how much Wade put his all into what he does, even when he didn't have to.

***********

Stark Industries.

"Hey Kid, do you think this would work on that or should we put a bit more just for safe measure?"

"And get ourselves blown up? I think we should avoid dying thank you very much, Senior." Liam laughed as with the other scientists who were laughing at the guy that was scratching his head. Considering the work they were going to test out was clearly dangerous to attempt.

Liam's life at Stark Industries wasn't a kind place for Liam, considering the scientists didn't have a positive attitude due to Liam's age and experience to boot.

Liam was still in High School and even if the CEO of the company had taken a liking to Liam's intelligence, they were still skeptical of him.

A kid like him, working for a place like this? The first impression of Liam wasn't positive in the Scientist's eyes as they didn't want to mess up their work by having a kid who clearly underestimate their work.

It only took a month for them to warm up to Liam, considering he mostly just works as an assistant for the first week, learning the ropes and even asking for advice during his part-time stay at the company. He doesn't try to show off his intelligence but he doesn't act considerately at stuff. Concerning how their progress was slowing down, he would act by what he know and help them work on their project.

It didn't mean that he was rude but he also wasn't blatantly acting like a humble person as the Scientists were surprised that their progress had gone off leaps and bounds due to Liam.

Finally, their projects were completed and their superiors were happy. Their efforts on their works were heavily done due to Liam which they began to take this guy as part of their own.

Project after project, the company began to move faster than it ever did after the loss of the previous CEO as the heir to such company was currently busy playing around while letting Stane take charge of the company to stabilize itself from the loss of a previous head.

With Liam helping them, their progress to make strong military weapons skyrocketed, making Stane happy with his recruitment for Liam.

Liam however, wasn't happy about making weapons.

'All I've been doing is just improving the firepower or just designing different types of drones to be used for war.'

He was currently studying robotics as Stane wanted to create stronger machines, telling Liam to try and improve his skills.

Liam didn't mind but their progress was still short, considering Stane didn't account for the main importance of making such upgrades.

'I need more power.' Liam turned to a giant Machine that was something he has been thinking about as he was working with the Company.

'Arc Reactor.'

A revolutionary device that had been used to power the company for a long time now, considering it was made by the previous CEO of the corporation.

He has been studying this device for some time now, even trying to copy its structure and disassemble it, trying to understand how the machine works.

'I think I can try making a small version at my place as a start.' Liam was smart but always underestimate himself, considering he doesn't have a library of knowledge compared to the person he was always compared to.

Tony Stark.

Liam already met the person during a project as he didn't like the person to who he was compared to.

Sure, he was smart, probably highly intelligent which Liam couldn't deny but he just didn't like Tony due to his nature, someone who live a better life than he had. He always acted arrogantly and even showed off his wealth while he didn't help out the company their family made, even wasting the intelligence he had.

Apart from that, he was fine with Miss Potts who was constantly around Tony, being dragged around as he just feels pity for her, having to work with a boss like that.

As he was tapping some codes in the computer, a video playing a group of criminals was being caught as they were bound by a white, sticky web-like structure. Liam smiled as he was familiar with the person who caught those people.

30