Chapter 13: Operation: Mass Murder
653 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was already summer after 3 weeks since Wade had disappeared from Liam's life.

Most of which, he usually just spends his time just training, working on his devices, and watching videos to simulate fights he can or cannot win.

The school was currently on break as Peter had already graduated and he decided to work hard to get into a university for a scholarship. For Liam, he supported his senior who was now heading to a new life as he and Peter work on another role to hide his new 'Profession'.

After being inspired by their talk, Peter wore a costume and don a superhero life as he began to use his newfound powers to save people while fighting criminals.

Liam was mostly surprised that Peter's skills were only that he was stronger than an average human and could climb up walls but he didn't expect that he could shoot webs as well. But what's most surprising is that Peter wants Liam to help him in regards to his superhero career which he didn't mind as it only means that he was doing the same thing with his uncle.

And So, Spiderman was born.

Liam would locate and find trouble in the city as he would tell Peter where to go, giving info to him from saving a cat that got stuck to a tree, to an armed robbery at a bank.

Spiderman quickly became famous because of that which Liam hardly ever care about what Peter chooses, he only felt that he was just helping Peter do what he wanted to do as a friend.

As Alpha came into play to help with Spiderman's work, Liam began to focus on the two best friends he wanted to hang out with.

"It's already been two weeks and Marc hasn't called me to hang out with him." Liam decided to visit his home considering that he felt like Marc hasn't been calling him lately. He even bought a game that came out recently and wanted to play with him.

But he found it odd that as he approach the place, an uncomfortable feeling began to sprout in his mind.

'Strange, why are there cops.....wait, is Marc....' Fear suddenly appeared from Liam's face as he quickly ran towards Marc's place which was surrounded by cops as a black woman was crying, Liam knew who that woman was.

"Ma'am! Is Marc...." Pale from sensing a foreboding feeling in his mind, Liam was holding Marc's Mom who turn to Liam with astonishment before anger raged in her mind.

"That kid....No....that monster is a mutant!" She screams as Liam's mind was blown off by the revelation of his friend, who he thought was normal, was actually someone who's not.

Mutant.

In every generation of people, some would develop mysterious powers or abilities that defy the common logic of man and could use powers no one could understand.

Being able to shoot flames from their mouth to even control gravity to his will, every person would gain the ability to defy science in which a person's powers are random from one person to another.

For Others, it was a sign that these people are monsters but for Liam.

'Power defies to those planning on how to use it, whether it be good or evil, it's their choice to use it for their  own.'

Liam isn't biased to those who have the ability but he couldn't understand the person's view of hatred on Mutants.

They have the power to become someone that could save lives but people are always biased towards those people, comparing them to Villains or monsters.

The society based them between the black which ignore the white area on mutants that want to either live a normal life or do good deeds.

Most of these people's thought processes couldn't even comprehend the danger they put themselves in unless one were to live in life far dangerous than their comfort zone couldn't take.

'You have food, water, and safety in your lives, the moment you saw a different thing in part of your life, you will turn away and run due to avoiding the danger you might not set up in the future.'

Liam understands this the most, especially a kid who once struggled to survive in the darkest corners of the world, devoid of safety and comfort.

Seeing the woman screaming and wailing on her own child, Liam's understanding and thought process was easily cleared and he just stares at the woman who just used to be someone's important person's mother.

"Kid, I should feel apologetic since you had to be friends with a monster like that."

"..........." Liam had stared at a woman, dead. Like a person, he barely knew as she flinched the moment she saw his eyes, like her husband that abandoned her and his own child.

Liam knew that it was pointless to talk to this senseless woman as she already pointed her view towards her own son as he decided to walk away from her.

He then took out his wireless earphone from his pocket and put them to his ear.

"Alpha, give me records on the incident at Marc's place. I want to understand what had happened."

Liam knew Marc as he was the best friend he had in school. The moment he had just arrived at high school, he was the first to talk to someone like him, someone who clearly hated to socialize with others.

[Wilson, I got a game back at my place. Wanna hang out?]

[I couldn't even beat you once at this. I want a rematch.]

[Hey, you think that Eve is cute? Well, she kinda is....haha....]

'Dammit man, you could've come looking for me to help.' Liam grits his teeth as he always treats Marc like his close friend, Mutant or not. He doesn't care about who he was or the monster he would become.

Liam already lost his Uncle but he doesn't want to lose his best friend as well.

Since he couldn't locate Marc's location as he probably hiding from security cameras and whatnot, Alpha couldn't locate him that he decided that he would call Eve first for help.

"Eve! Do you know where Marc went?!"

[.......h.....] Eve's voice was silent and barely audible for Liam to hear that he also sense that she wasn't in a good spot as well.

"Alpha!"

[Locating Evelyn Rommel's location through her phone's signal...Target found. Patching through her location now.]

Liam used his body to its limit for the first time as he took a shortcut through the alley where he can shorten the distance towards the place they are in. 

Liam's acrobatic skills were highly praised by Wade which he easily parkours through the terrain with relative ease.

Making quick work in his surroundings, he finally arrives to see the place to which he arrived at an abandoned factory, a place currently being surrounded by a few vehicles parked and guards wearing protective suits, making Liam's face scowled as he understands who these people are.

'A task force specializing in taking down Mutants.'

Knowing who they are yet still wasn't fazed by the group, Liam decided that he isn't planning on letting these guys capture his friends.

Putting down his bag, He takes out a pistol and a silencer as he checks the magazine before slamming the mag back and taking a few magazines in his pockets with rage in his eyes.

'All you fuckers will die if anyone of you touches my friends.'

26