Chapter 14: Run
648 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If there was something Liam hates, it would be the people who touch those he deemed important.

He doesn't like to stand out, he prefers to live a normal life like what Wade had said to him.

To him, it was just more of an unreasonable demand for a traumatized kid to just start acting like a normal kid, something he couldn't fathom after his endless sufferings in the past.

Yet, he soon discovered why Wade want him to live a normal life.

Discovering his first friend, the fond appraisal of his love for Hotdogs, and now that he slowly opens up to new people, giving life to the kid who was still stuck in the dark pits of emptiness.

He starts to befriend someone like Peter, a senior in his school that he just met. Becoming friends and even doing stuff like hero work which Liam was a bit skeptical but decided to not mind that guy's determination in saving random strangers.

It's a good thing to help people but you can't always risk yourself just to save everyone. Liam's role was just to provide safety for his friend and not try to get himself killed. This is why Liam didn't tell Peter about some criminal activities that would endanger his life such as a drug deal or slave transportation which he tends to steer him away from that.

He wants Peter to play his hero thing but not get himself killed since he is his friend after all.

For Liam, if he were to choose between his important people or saving a city, he would give a middle finger to the city before he would abandon those he cares about.

And so, the moment he learns that his friends were Mutants, he already analyzes every event that would take place, as if he was already psychic and understands the entire situation.

'The moment I learned about Marc being a Mutant, those guys from the government would try to take him in to get experimented on.' This was what he concluded after talking to his mom, analyzing and decrypting the information he was given since he was working with Wade during his Mercenary work.

He already has been learning about Mutants from those radical people called 'The Brotherhood' which fights for the freedom of Mutants but are just dangerous people who will do anything, even killing innocent lives just to promote their Mutant agenda.

There's a school which Liam already heard that hides in a facade of teaching special kids to fit into society but are actually 'Special' kids, being Mutants being sheltered and protected.

Finally, the government acts like the same as the school which they want to educate the Mutants they captured but Liam had dug their hidden secret of experimenting with such people.

'Weapon X being some mutant that they captured and turned into a killing machine, other types of projects that can fight mutants. There's even a project that can eliminate the Mutant factor inside....'

He had started collecting data from the first time Wade fought one during his mercenary mission in Iraq which Liam began to study about them.

People with powers beyond the norms, teleportation, being able to disguise as another person entirely.

It took some process to get all the info he can, avoiding the ire of taking on the government but one thing Liam was excellent in his skills, is that if he put effort into hacking, nothing can't be hacked in his eyes.

After analyzing his opponents, his greatest asset in battle was studying his opponent's bodily movements.

The two guards that were stationed outside the warehouse were just bored, thinking that their task was just easy after learning that their current targets were just two children.

One who just recently awaken to his powers while another was a young girl who was hiding her power and blending into society.

The recently awaken one had used his powers to stop a robber that broke into his place. Turning his limbs into metallic blades before killing the robber in cold blood after the robber took hostage of his mom.

The other was more dangerous as she could sprout out mist from her body, producing toxins that slowly kill her target.

Fortunately, the boy was still unskilled at using his powers which were easily subdued by their commander while the girl took out half the team before she was subdued by the men who were already prepared beforehand who had gas masks before she was taken out.

Even if they lost half of their team, it was easy due to expecting to lose a lot more if they weren't prepared beforehand to fight against their opponents.

While two guards were lax, thinking that they didn't have to be close to those monsters, a soft sound of a silence pistol resounded to their ears as one of the guards began to struggle to breathe as he notice blood suddenly pouring out of his neck.

".... Ga....ah....."

"Wha-" His friend couldn't even say his words as he also felt his neck starting to feel itchy as he soon notice his neck was cut and a young man was walking inside the warehouse, ignoring the two bleeding men slowly succumbing to their wounds.

Liam easily took out the guards before heading inside as his mind was clear and fully going intent on wiping out the men that plan on harming his friends.

He already notice that there were few people left once he got inside as his movements couldn't be heard due to moving cautiously but it didn't matter as the men inside were too preoccupied to hear him stealthily enter, the captain delivering the last strike at Marc who was protecting Eve.

"Tough call kid, your act of heroics just isn't enough to save you." He said as Marc finally succumbs to the beating before falling down, which Eve caught him with tears in her eyes.

"Marc...."

"Well then, let us wrap this up and ship these kids back to the lab while getting the crew to clean up the place."

"Yes, Sir!"

One of the men salutes to his superior officer as he plans on calling the two outside for help but was stunned after seeing Liam who was glaring at them with rage.

"You pieces of shit...." Seeing Marc who was bloodied and bruised, he quickly aimed his gun and accurately aimed it at the men's guns which were disabled before they could pull out.

The captain's eyes were wide open from how skilled the perpetrator was but he didn't expect that Liam jumped towards them with rage in his eyes.

Thinking that Liam was stupid, the captain prepared to face Liam in hand-to-hand combat but...

"Gah! My Arm!"

"Fuck! Fuck!"

Two of his men got shot in their limbs, screaming in pain as he was then shot on his legs which momentarily got him distracted from the pain. Not noticing that Liam was already close to him and began cutting his legs with a knife.

 "D-dammit...." Due to his vision still being impaired by the gas mask, he couldn't clearly see Liam aiming at the vital parts of his body, parts that might not necessarily kill but causes an extreme amount of pain if one could understand the biology of a person.

Liam did plan on wasting time as he shot the commander in the head before killing the other two as he lifted up Marc's body while Eve was staring at Liam with a shocked expression on his face.

"L-liam?! Why are you...."

"No time to explain, we need to leave here right now." Liam ignored her stunned look on her face as he pulled her up and ran out of the warehouse.

28