Chapter 15: A little Troll in Place
642 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carrying Marc behind Liam's back, all three of them began running away from the warehouse as Alpha's voice resounded through Liam's ears.

[Liam, the reinforcements have arrived at the location and are currently investigating before beginning to search for you and your friends.]

"Okay. That should buy us some time to run before they would start looking for Marc and Eve."

"Who are you talking to Liam and how come you're here?" Eve was still staring at Liam with suspicion as she couldn't believe that Liam had found them and even more surprising was he had cold-bloodedly killed those men without any hesitation.

Liam just turned to her and smiled, playfully shrugging as he continued to run without any burden on him, ignoring the fact that he was carrying his friend.

"Just like your hiding that you're a mutant, I also hide the fact that I work as a hacker and a temporary Mercenary. No need to thank me for keeping those guys in the dark for so long while you mess up and show off your powers Eve."

"You don't mean..." A moment of realization hit upon Eve as she always wondered why she wasn't hunted down by those guys until now and only mess up due to Marc's recent awakening of his mutant abilities.

She once accidentally used her powers when she was caught with some thugs that were going to mess with her. Accidentally using her spores to paralyze those guys temporarily and running away, she thought that she would be found out sooner or later. Yet, she wasn't and still lives in the dark till now.

"It's a shame that I couldn't tell you about that but I only helped cover you up since Marc would feel depressed if he find out that his girl was a Mutant and was captured by the government."

"........"

Eve's face turned red and stared at Marc who was currently in pain due to his injuries. She couldn't help think about the time she saw him fighting the leader and being badly beaten by him.

[Eve is someone important to me. Like hell I would let you touch her!]

Seeing her blush, Liam just smiled casually.

They then head to the port where Eve was confused about why Liam had brought her here as he then dropped Marc slowly on the ground before turning to Eve with a sad smile.

"To be honest, I still want to hang with you guys. Marc complained that he couldn't beat me till the end, listening to your playlist and talk which band was better. I really want you guys to stay but...."

Behind Liam was a group of people with different features, all of them wearing strange outfits with X on their bodies. Eve couldn't understand who they are but Liam's words continued.

"It's better that you guys should stick with them since it's the only place I could think of which you'll be safe instead of being experimented on by the government."

"So it's you?" A wild man with a rough voice spoke to Liam, feeling a bit suspicious about having been called to aid in rescuing two young mutants. 

Before arriving, they couldn't believe that someone had sent an e-mail to them, telling them to pick up two 'special' kids as they decided to investigate and learn about the three of them.

Two mutants, one who was surprised while the other whose life was in critical danger. The last one was more suspicious since the boy, Liam, was just a normal kid but his mentality when staring at Logan was more mature like he was looking like an adult.

"You guys don't need to be surprised, my head is already open to being peeked at if you want proof that I'm on your side." Liam raises his hand without fighting since he didn't want to engage in battle against them. He knew that these people might not feel welcome by them since he isn't a mutant and was more suspicious because he isn't biased or angry with them being monsters.

Logan stared hard at Liam with more suspicion but stop as he felt like someone was talking to him, before sighing in agreement to which he...

"Alright Kid. I don't know if your good or not but we'll take care of your friends."

"Thanks, Sir." Liam felt relieved since Eve might not notice it but he could sense bloodlust from the man in front of him. Like a wild beast that was staring at his prey.

'He's like Uncle Wade in which I can smell blood in him. He probably senses that I'm also a killer as well which is why he is suspicious of me.' 

The man just grunts and heads back as a red-haired woman approaches them with a smile, comforting Eve who was still afraid of them.

"You don't have to worry. We'll plan on bringing you guys to a safe place."

She then turns around Liam with a smile as she didn't expect someone out there to feel compassionate for Mutants like them.

"Thank you for not putting any bias against mutants."

"Oh, I don't really care about that. Mutant or not, I care for my friends rather than being monsters or not." He stated his honest opinion on the matter, not really caring much about knowing they have powers. If anything, Liam was just jealous that they have powers to protect those around them.

Probably reading his mind, Jean saw that Liam was a good kid at heart, her shoulders were then tapped by a man with strange googles as Scott knew that they didn't have time.

"Let's go, Jean. Those guys are heading towards us and we don't have time for talking."

"Oh, don't worry about that." Liam said as he spoke to Alpha in his ears and said "Alpha, start the party."

...........

In a hidden base...

"Not only our targets escaped, but also have someone helping them? Heh, it would've been easy for them to escape us if we didn't have the means to track them down." An officer grins as he saw the two dots moving towards the pier, thinking that they could escape through the seas.

One soldier began to find a surveillance camera on the pier to observe the escaped mutants when the monitor turn black as he was confused.

The officer then felt surprised, asking what was wrong when...

[Now Playing: Never Gonna Give you Up by Rick Astley.]

A song began to play in the base as all the people inside were dumbfounded at the monitor they were watching.

A man was currently dancing on the monitor while beginning to sing with enthusiasm.

"D-did we just...."

"Yes, Jeff....we fucking got rickrolled..."

29