Chapter 16: Despair and Hope
635 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liam got back in his home after the incident, saddened about the events that had happened today as he still felt sad that his friends now left him.

It was a tough choice for Liam who had lost his Uncle, who now lost his friends as well, felt empty as he went down to the basement to complete his task.

'This is just payback for pissing me off.' While Liam probably thought that those people met could probably handle the government, he wanted revenge since he couldn't beat up those guys who hurt Marc.

He started uploading the information he stole from the government on the internet, the videos of mutants being tortured and experimented on. He even fanned the flame by even uploading videos of non-mutants on the chopping block as well, angering the netizens to start flamming on the person responsible for these inhumane acts.

'I don't plan on helping those guys but I should give those people blood for messing with my friends.'

He also phoned in someone who could contact people from the brotherhood and gave them coordinates to one of the labs where Mutants are experimented on, this would make those people think twice about hunting Mutants.

He doesn't care what chaos he brings to this place as he was just angry and pissed off since they messed with someone important to him.

By the time he was done bringing chaos to the world, he left the basement to start cooking dinner for him and Vanessa.

One thing that shocks Liam after his Uncle had left was the variation of food he began to eat after he started living with Vanessa.

Pizza, fried chicken, and tacos...Liam's choice of food was mostly been store-bought or food that Wade had just taken out from fast food joints all around the city.

Liam didn't even know there were choices in food since he mostly eat what Wade bought him and didn't complain. Most of which, started his craving for hotdogs.

Now, imagine a kid who always eats takeout or bread for his entire life and someone gave him a homemade soup with different food variations for the first time in his entire life.

"Aunt....is this heaven?"

Liam's tastebuds aren't used to tasting such rich flavors on the soup, a certain crunch of vegetables and a good amount of meat tendered just enough to blow his mind to whole new horizons.

This awakens a newfound desire to taste different kinds of dishes in Liam's mouth as he didn't belong in this country and felt like the food here was just dull in his eyes, thinking that food was just nutrients in his body.

On his desire to eat different kinds of food, Liam began to scour on the internet for cookbooks or even cooking videos as he drools on each ingredient placed on the table, thinking of different sweet spots it would hit on his mouth as this became a coping mechanism for Liam whenever he feels sad or depressed.

Oh, your girlfriend broke up with you? Try drinking soup and reminisce the sweet moment with your ex and slowly forget the pain to move on with your life.

Tired at work? How about eating the hearty meal your wife cook up for you and feeling blessed at how much love she put in her dish. Spend more time and spread the love by making her happy.

Liam's enthusiasm for food cravings started to manifest as he begins cooking for the first time in his life, trying to copy down the things he learn, replicating them to give a new taste to his tastebuds.

Vanessa couldn't help but want to scold Wade for not treating this kid well after seeing him getting excited about a simple homemade food she cooked up. Shocked to find out the next day that Liam's excitement for food started to show that he even started to learn cooking, wanting to satisfy his urge to savor different kinds of food in his mouth.

From copying Vanessa's dishes, even went as far as to replicate what he saw on the TV or any cooking videos he had seen. He didn't even stop at American Dishes and went to any cuisines from the Eastern as well.

It only stops Asian dishes due to Liam's birthplace being close there as his fondness for food is only compared if not more than his love to invent stuff.

Liam began to put on an apron and took out the ingredients he need on the fridge.

His knife skills were quite professional that cutting the mushrooms look elegant and swift, easily slicing them before putting them on the pot, ready to be used as a sauce for the meat.

He slices the beef at a perfectly shaped angle before placing it on a pan, mixed with spices that complement the beef.

Since Vanessa planned on coming home late again, Liam decided that he'll cook up her meal a bit later.

Hearing the sizzling sounds of the meat simmer as he slowly shake the pan to even the heat on the meat, Liam was more of a perfectionist as he cooked it at just the right amount needed, making such that it was tender and easy to cut without any hassle.

For Liam, this had calmed him down after losing so many people in a short amount of time but he realizes that Wade was right when he said that Liam needs to be independent and stop feeling bad about things he can't let go off.

He knew that life would continue to keep making him sad which he can't help but feel depressed but there was one thing that always cheers him up whenever he couldn't see them.

They are not dead and will return to him.

He had to put up a positive attitude whenever he feels lost or thought that nothing is going right for him. But he needs to realize that his efforts were not the same as in the past anymore.

He might not feel the love of his Mom but Vanessa is here, his friends might be gone but not forever, and Uncle Wade...

'He'll come back. He always will.'

Inside the lone and empty apartment, a young boy huddled in a corner while staring at the door with fear in his eyes.

Thinking that his past would haunt him forever, it was his tears that brought despair, thinking that he has no future.

"Hey, Liam! I brought Pizza! Let's go and eat."

A handsome man opens the door with a playful smile while holding a box of pizzas in his arm. Liam stares right through the man and a small smile appears on his face.

"Y-yes...."

25