Chapter 17: Liam and Tony
671 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huh? To Afghanistan?" Liam was perplexed that Tony was planning on heading to such a place, hearing rumors that the company's weapons were being tested, and thought about the dangers he would face.

For a party-goer like Tony to head into another country, especially one that isn't safe for a rich guy like him. He couldn't understand why Tony plans on heading there which may have the chance to get himself killed if he isn't careful.

'Hmn...Not that I really care since....' Liam felt thoughtful for a second before dismissing that notion.

"If he gets himself killed there like say, has his heart punctured by shrapnel and has to live off using a machine of some sorts, it doesn't necessarily mean I am part of it. Considering I'm just an assistant here." Liam muttered by himself, thinking he was alone.

"Oh, really now Kid...." Yet, he didn't notice the person behind him was someone whom he shouldn't badmouth, giving a smile yet was a sinister one as Liam jumped and started sweating.

"I'm probably going to get fired, aren't I?" Liam knew he couldn't escape his fate after blurting out his words, considering he just wanted to let out steam from having to work with a guy like him who doesn't appreciate his intellect.

He was already thinking about planning on preparing his application for the second company that was against Stark yet his shoulders were grabbed and an evil grin was plastered on Tony's face.

"Kid, I'm bringing you with me."

"Wait, what?!"

*******

"So that's how you got into this situation huh."

"Yup. You get the idea Doc. Mr. Stark brought me here probably planning his evil revenge by using this to fire me since I can't even get back to the country without him."

"That's probably a shame. Mr. Stark should have seen your potential after you talked your way, considering you killed a lot of Abu's men."

"Meh, rich people only see above what they have, not considering the people below them feel whenever they had to look at them."

Ho Yinsen smiled at Liam, slowly taking out the shrapnel from Tony's body while he was working on making another Arc Reactor.

'Well...Damn. I didn't expect my words to really predict the outcome of the situation.' Liam was currently building the device solely due to Yinsen telling Liam that he needed enough power to stop the shrapnel from touching Tony's heart.

After being persuaded(blackmailed) by Tony, he was dragged to the country where they plan on testing out the weapons the company built.

After planning on heading back and was riding alone with Tony, he was talking to Liam that he would abandon him here if he didn't comply with his demands.

"I could have just fired you right there at that time but that would be boring and leaving you in this country might be a better alternative than just firing you."

"Tch. I really hate rich guys like you."

"Well, too bad kid. You're going to love this country re-" Before Tony could finish his words, a loud explosion had occurred and the humvee in front of them just exploded.

Terrorists began showing up and started attacking the soldiers as both sides fought while Liam took a pistol from one of the guards while dragging Tony away who was scared shitless.

"W-what the..."

"Shut up and get down." Liam was cold and slammed Tony into the ground while firing shots at a nearby Terrorist that was planning on firing at them. He didn't waste his bullets considering he only took a gun from one of the soldiers and did not stock himself a magazine before dragging Tony away from the battlefield as he needed to regroup with the soldiers for safety.

"Shit. I should've gotten fired instead of following you here." Liam was struggling in trying to get a better gun while dragging Tony as he look at an opportunity before him.

He saw from afar, a soldier who was probably dead yet Liam didn't care as he saw a rifle he could use to defend himself. Turning to Tony who was cowering on the ground, he didn't hesitate to leave him since he needed to fight back or they'll end up in a worse situation if he couldn't defend himself.

He decided to book it to the gun while trying his best to dodge the hail of bullets flying around as he took some shots in his body but it didn't hit any vital parts before arriving and grabbing what he can from the soldier's body before returning to Tony.

*Bang*

"Fuck! Tony!" Liam screamed as he saw Tony flying in the air before landing on the ground as he saw that his chest was covered in shrapnel and was bleeding out which Liam quickly went towards him and check out his state.

"Dammit! He's bleeding out and needed medical attention." Liam knew that Tony's life was in danger after seeing his injuries.

He knew that if Tony doesn't get treated immediately, he would die.

Liam turned to the soldiers who were losing in the battle, feeling unequipped to handle an ambush like this as he sighed and knew what he needed to do.

'Fuck! I really hate this guy but I got no choice.' He dragged his body, not in front of the soldiers but to the Terrorist instead, seeing that it was hopeless for Liam to rely on them considering they have a hard time defending against those people.

In the end, he had surrendered to the terrorist, getting beaten to a pulp before being dragged with Tony into their base to save his life.

Their leader took a liking to Liam, from his intelligence to his wit, he managed to stick close to Tony and Yinsen in building weapons for them while treating Tony's injuries and befriending the Doctor as he both work on building two things.

A heart that would sustain Tony's life and weapons for the Terrorist, trying to buy time till Tony wakes up and starts a plan to escape from this place.

They knew that Yinsen has a plan on escaping this place but Liam needed time to study the place and he was currently unarmed and injured right now.

27