Chapter 22: Regret
620 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liam arrives back home to see that it was already late and Vanessa would already be asleep by this time.

He wanted to contact Alpha about the situation during his disappearance but after reaching for his earphone.

"Oh, those guys took my stuff." Liam felt saddened yet relaxed since most of the stuff that they took from him was the personal belongings he brought during his trip abroad.

Fortunately, he didn't bring the stuff he deemed important since he already knew that Tony was planning on something for him which he only brought things such as a communication device for Alpha, a disposable phone, and a wooden knife.

The knife was different since Liam handcraft it to be used in stealth areas where he might need to use a 'forceful' approach at times when in dire need.

It was just an ordinary wooden knife with no metallic qualities yet its edge are sharp, enough to be used as a weapon which Liam deemed enough when he gets into a dangerous situation.

Not only did it fool the guards, unable to be detected during the flight, but it was also quite hidden that only a person with keen sight to see it, even so, it would at most be just a toy a person would weirdly bring which should fool the security.

Liam might be lacking in battle prowess compared to his uncle yet his assassination skills which he honed to beat Wade was such to a point that he can easily kill someone without being seen.

Though he still lack the experience to improve his craft, he didn't deny that assassination was something he was quite good at compared to Wade thinking assassination was just blowing someone's head off.

Plus, even without relying on killing someone, Liam was quite resourceful in surviving harsh places that Tony sending him there to be left off to fend for himself was just a prank than a serious manner.

'But still...' If it weren't for that event to happen, Liam probably would have planned on assassinating Tony as revenge for leaving him in that country.

Deciding that he should get spare earphones from the lab, Liam headed downstairs and took one while greeting Alpha as he updates him about the incident.

"Oh? Well, I already knew that Alpha. Stane wanting to kill Tony is easy to tell, only Tony himself doesn't realize it at all. A company as large as Stark for a man who wanted everything to be his, Stane planned this well and was quite hidden about it."

Thinking of the incident, Liam knew of Stane's plans of killing Tony, which he didn't mind at first considering him and Tony doesn't involve with him alone.

But after being dragged by their infighting out of coincidence or just fate itself guiding him, he knew that Stane would soon be caught due to being investigated sooner or later which Liam felt like he would soon make a move.

"I think either he would hide it until another opportunity struck once more or..." Thinking about the iron giant they made during their kidnap incident, Liam felt like he could read what would Stane's mind would think and click his tongue in displeasure.

'Damn! This probably involves me again since Stane's the guy who'll be desperate enough to kill Tony in whatever it means and Tony's too trusting on that guy would also bring trouble by telling him the truth of me creating that mini Arc Reactor. Knowing his secret dealings with the Ten Rings, he probably would recreate the iron giant and try to use it to eliminate Tony once more.

Liam also predicted that even something was wrong about the incident since Tony's kidnapping was like an orchestrated plan that was just hatched by someone planning on killing him, on account, the terrorist arrival somehow coincided with Tony's arrival in Afghanistan.

Eliminating Stane before he could act was somehow easy for Liam since Stane's security wasn't heavily secured and assassinating him wasn't a challenge since Liam had experience killing rich businessmen like him.

"Alpha, just send an email containing Stane's relations on the Ten Rings to Tony and my advice on him being targeted by him once more. This is his matter and not my own to settle the differences with."

[Understood.]

"Hgn...Time to sleep I guess...."

Liam's relation with Tony was only from the incident and nothing else. He still holds a grudge for almost being left back in that country. Plus, he only worked for Stark mainly due to his interest in technology.

He knew that working there was going to be boring for him since all he was doing was just some routine work of building weapons and stuff repeatedly and learning from the scientist was enough for him since he mostly just answer their questions rather than the opposite, not learning anything from them anymore.

Waking up the next day, he greeted Vanessa who hugs him tightly and tearfully asked what had happened to him during his trip to Afghanistan.

He didn't hide from her his experiences since he would only upset her if he lied to her. Mostly just avoiding the torture and stuff she didn't want to hear.

"Well, I'm glad that you won't work for that company anymore Liam."

"Come on Vanessa, while I do know that's how rich people handle their problems, you don't have to hate Tony. He might be a dick but he did help me out escape than letting me get killed there."

"Hmn...Fine. I'm just glad you're okay."

"Well, I might need to leave this place temporarily to avoid getting myself dragged into a troublesome situation."

He explained to her that Stane was planning on trying to harm Tony and it might involve him. Liam plans on avoiding them until their problems settle and he plans on leaving the city to hide somewhere else to avoid that before it could happen.

The problem was that he didn't know where to hide from since he doesn't have a set goal in mind, a place where he can chill out while the whole thing blows over.

"Ah, Liam. How about heading to Harlem? Your kinda good with gadgets and stuff so you'll likely help out a friend of mine who works there. He's a bit weird but he's a good person. Plus, he knows Wade so you should get along well if you talk with him."

Liam thought for a moment before deciding that he didn't mind heading there, seeing as he didn't have any alternative places to hide from.

He had departed on the next day to Harlem, taking a bus and thinking that he might have an easy life there...

Regret started to seep in through Liam's mind as the moment he arrived at the place, he saw Wade's acquaintance being uncomfortable to be with by the looks he was presented before him.

"Ah, are you Liam? I hope you'll enjoy your stay here."

Greeted by an Overweight man who probably didn't bathe for at least a week, not only his hygiene being neglected, he also had a bad personality of having weird objects such as a pillow with a figure of an animated character printed on it, his place was barely running by with trash and litter all around.

He was running a computer shop where people like him are used to the owner as they were playing the game while throwing trash all around as Liam's mind knew that this was bad.

'Fuck this Shit! I rather help out Tony than stay here.' Liam slowly retreated at the entrance but his shoulders were grabbed and were tightly embraced by the fat man beside him.

"I'm so glad that Vanessa sent you here to help me clean the place up. I also have so many stories to tell you about me and Wade being long-time pals."

"A-ah....h....e..."

"Come on kid. We would have so much of a good time since I will let you play games here if you help me a lot with some tasks I needed to work on."

"T-task...?"

"Yup. Like fixing the bathroom."

'Auntie! This is not just fixing gadgets you told me about!'

"I can't take a bath since the toilet broke and had to use a bucket..."

Liam tried to run away but the door closed before he could get out as he was slowly being dragged away by the man while he screamed for help.

21