Chapter 21: Liam, Old man and Hallucination
616 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the end, both of them separated their ways after Rogue was called out by Logan who waited for her at the next station.

Liam only just nodded his head at Logan, their unexpected reunion was something he couldn't believe was something that was like, preordained like fate.

What Logan didn't realize is that Rogue's interaction with Liam gave perspective on her mutant powers in a new light. How he was envious of mutants that could protect themselves, how he laughs it off about non-mutants just feeling lucky that mutants are just having a civil war and were too busy on themselves to know that they could be easily taken over if they started working together.

But what stroke Rogue's consciousness the most was Liam's last line.

"Mutants and Non-mutants are just the same. No matter what powers you have or how dangerous you are, as long as you believe your powers are meant to be good, then it's your responsibility to make them good. You are your own master. Not those people who tell you to be evil or the powers that make you so. It's the choice you pick that matters and how you try your best to make it so."

Liam's opinions on the matter of mutants were the same in his eyes, his pursuit of strength, albeit for evil or good, depends solely on how a person uses that power.

He didn't even know Rogue was a mutant and just spoke his own opinion on the matter which touched Rogue and gave light that even she realizes that it was her own choice that believes her powers are just evil to her own eyes and just wanted to remove it.

"Don't take this personally but this was something I was taught when I felt down in the past."

Liam smiles and recalls the time where he was depressed after Wade's disappearance.

He just didn't feel like meeting Vanessa at that time and telling her that Wade had disappeared from them. Knowing how it would crush her heart after telling her the truth, Liam decided that he would tell her later after he felt he was hungry and decided to stop by a diner for food to eat.

While he could just settle on with his favorite food by eating on a hotdog stand, he felt like a good meal after a sad day was something he needed to take all the things that had happened today.

Settling on with just stake and fries, Liam was too depressed that he didn't feel like eating and just sat there and stare at his meal with a gloom, he wanted to know what Wade would do in this situation as he didn't even know what to do after he was gone.

Training, helping with his mercenary work, and spending time with him...

Liam's life had mostly revolved around being with Wade, not every 24 hours but at least he knew what to do when Wade was around with him, blabbering on useless stuff and making jokes which he either retorts or just laughs it off.

But now that he wasn't here by his side, he just felt empty and pointless to move on with life.

Liam just stares at his food without eating and continuously sighs, thinking of the plans he wants to do after graduating and stuff, maybe live a boring life as an office worker, enlist himself in the army...

'I could just join a mafia to spite Wade off. Hey, I heard that Kingpin is quite active in the underworld lately so it shouldn't be bad working for him you know...' For Liam, it didn't matter what life he wanted to take. He felt like with his skills, even working as a right-hand man for kingpin was enough since he lives his life aimlessly, not caring about the consequences of his actions.

But he decided not to since Liam knew that Wade had cared deeply about him. Going back to the place he escape from was something he wouldn't do, even if it meant to anger the one that got him away.

Confused as to where his future was heading, an old man took a sit in front of him.

"Why hello there young man, can you spare a seat with this old man here?"

".....I don't have a problem...." Liam was greatly confused by the old man that casually sat in front of him as he noticed that the place was quite vacant yet the old man didn't bother where to sit and instead opt to sit next to him.

The Old man just ordered a drink from the waitress before turning to Liam, flashing a smile as he began to talk to him.

"Young man, I can't help but feel like you have a troubling case on your part. Something like a...path that you can't decide upon?"

"Oh? Is it that easy to tell?" Liam smile dryly, it was as if his face was easy to see through yet he didn't mind being seen since he can't help but just feel listless about his choice in the future. 

What Wade said to him felt like a spark of a new life Liam couldn't help but think deeply as he didn't know which way he was to go towards.

For him, just following Wade was something he did out of pure desperation to grow strong as he didn't want to feel hurt again.

So, the interactions with the old man provided Liam with a newfound path he can decide upon, either following the footsteps of his friend Peter and becoming someone helpful to others or finding a path to a normal life, becoming something to achieve and find a dream he can pursue and forget the cravings of power.

"Thanks, Old man. I appreciate the kind advice you gave me."

"No problem kid. I hope you'll find the path you choose to be correct."

Liam goes out with a newfound determination in his eyes, no longer has any gloom or depression on being indecisive about life.

He stretches himself and felt the need to tell Vanessa about the truth, he wanted to clear his mind about his missing Uncle and decide that he should work hard until he returns.

'Uncle Wade didn't want me to just mope around and do nothing in my life. I should try my best to work at Stark Industries, maybe find my future by learning new things. School might be boring to listen but maybe I can find my career choice if....' Liam began to deeply think about his future when a ghastly hand made out of bones slowly reach upon him.

It was as if a mother came close and wanted to whisper a sweet, enchanting yet deadly tone that drags its victims into the underworld.

[......My Child...Fulfill my test....]

"........."

[.......$%&#%$...]

"But my name's Liam tho.....huh?" Liam responded to the voice yet he notice that there wasn't anyone near him. Thinking that he might have caught Wade's mental illness, he might need to get his head check after he visits Vanessa...

Back at present...

"I better go home. I thought that I only recall my talk with that Old man....what was his name again? I think it was Stan or something...Well, there was that weird moment where I feel like I experience what's it's like having a mind like Wade which I don't want to experience like that again..."

So many events that had happened in just a short time caused him to be tired that he might recall a crazy hallucination due to tiredness and needed a good rest for tonight. Liam Chuckles Lightly.

28