Chapter 23: Fei Xiao
580 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sure Liam was a smart kid and even when has housing skills learned after being taken care of by Wade.

But after looking at the state of the living room which Bob(Fat Man) lived in, Liam wanted to faint after seeing it first hand.

The place was a total mess.

Liam saw the place which was littered with dirty clothing mixed with takeout meals and metal cans everywhere around the room.

Bob lived in a small apartment, below his place was the computer store he runs as the place below was way cleaner than the current state of the place he lives in.

For Liam, he was used to Wade doing the same but Liam was used to cleaning the place every day that it didn't look like a dump.

Liam was already used to cleaning since he mostly helps out his mom in the past. The laundry was a problem in which Wade had helped him out by teaching him how to use the laundry store which was next to their apartment.

Seeing the place, Liam felt a bit relieved that it might not be bad to clean this place up since he got used to doing this with Wade's place.

'I just need some detergent and cleaning materials from a nearby store...' Liam began to check which items he needs to purchase while looking around the place, trying to pick which things he needs that could help out remove the stains around the kitchen and the living area.

Then, he arrives at the bathroom.

"............."

Or what used to be called a bathroom.

"Sorry Liam, I did a 'Big' business last week and the toilet kinda broke down. I had to use a bucket to relieve my business which is the worst. Hahaha...."

".........."

Liam shakily took out his phone and with a quick motion of his fast fingertips, dialed in Vanessa.

[Hello Liam, I hope Bob there takes good care of you. I put in so many favors just to let you stay there with him. He might be weird but he wouldn't cause trouble for you so I hope that you'll have a good time with him.]

*Beep*

"..............."

Liam felt his life slowly being taken away like he began to age faster than normal after seeing that he might have to live here due to Vanessa being sincere to help Liam out, even asking a favor from him which he felt burden by the responsibility of having her owe to someone.

Bob didn't see Liam's painful expression and thought that the kid was happy to feel independent, patted his head, thinking that he should be a good role model for Liam.

"I know that being independent is tough but this is a learning experience you should take upon as Vanessa doesn't want you to just feel dependant on her. I promise that I'll take good care of you as I promise to Vanessa."

Bob thought his advice to Liam was quite good and felt like he was impressed but Liam just smiles dryly at him...

'You Evil Bastard!' It felt like he was like those Japanese people being sent to a black company which they treated their employees like slaves and turned back to the bathroom to see that he would have to fix it up.

He could just stay at a nearby hotel or apartment just to avoid these problems altogether but he didn't want Vanessa's favor to go wasted on this guy and instead just decided to suck it up and clean the place out.

"H-how to fix pipes on the bathroom....get strong scent blockers..." Liam began to google the things he would need on the internet as he left his stuff in the room Bob had assigned him with. Left the place and heads to the mall to access the ATM which he took out some money to buy the stuff he needs before entering the place and coming out with a cart full of cleaning equipment and clothing that he would wear while doing it.

The first 3 days were just cleaning the place in a quick motion as he needed to prioritize the room they live in to be at least livable.

Bob usually orders takeout which Liam ate before heading back to continue cleaning his place.

The garbage was thrown out, the clothing began to be washed, and Liam was finally done cleaning the kitchen, the living room, and his room before he steeled himself and dressed up to clean the bathroom.

He took a week to clean the place before coming out exhausted and traumatized yet the bathroom looks squeaky clean like it was brand new.

Bob seeing that the bathroom was finally fixed, began to cry and hug Liam who was muttering silently, like a robot trying to recalibrate itself after being splashed with water.

".....I'm now clean but dirty inside and out...I'm now clean but dirty outside and in...life is just shit and all I see is just shit..."

Liam finally rested in his room after he was done yet even when he still tried to fall asleep, he would soon start to sob and huddle in a ball in an attempt to erase his memory of the time he was cleaning the bathroom.

The next was just him cleaning the shop in a deadpan expression as Bob was smiling and felt anew that he was finally able to take a bath after such a long time.

"I didn't know that having you here was such a good thing that had happened to me and I'm sure as hell won't treat you bad after what you've done to me. Tell ya what, I even help you hook up with the girl from the Chinese restaurant I ordered takeout from."

"........"

Liam didn't bother what Bob had to say about him as he was just cleaning his shop as a coping mechanism after that the things he had seen and felt a bit peaceful once he swipe the filth like he clean his disgusting self from the dirt of the world.

The door of the store quickly opens as a girl who covers her nose while wearing oriental clothing came while having a disgusted look on her face. But stops after looking at the shop which she lets go of her hand, letting her breathe the air inside.

"H-huh? How the hell did this place become so clean all of a sudden?"

Confused, she look at the place with suspicion and caught the sight of Liam who was just sweeping the trash and putting them inside the bin before taking them out and preparing to throw them outside at the back.

"H-hi? I'm Xiao...ah, I mean Fei Xiao. Nice to meet you....?"

"........Liam." He just greeted her with an expressionless look. Not caring at how beautiful she was as he only wanted to throw the trash outside....possibly himself included.

Not expecting him to ignore her existence completely, Liam couldn't see her expression that changes from shock to anger, as if she felt like the beauty of her looks didn't come into Liam's eyesight at all.

'Hmph, Even if he's a bit good-looking, I don't want to waste my time appealing my looks to someone that ignores me at all.' Fei Xiao puffs as she only came here to drop Bob's takeout before leaving the store, only to see Liam dumping the trash before he begins to climb inside it.

23