Chapter 24: Vigilante Once More
595 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Apart from the Trauma he suffered, Liam began to restart his career back of being a Vigilante first and foremost.

He knew the events back in Afghanistan had shaken him to the core, learning of his weaknesses and such that he didn't want to repeat the same event once more.

He felt like while he couldn't be compared to Wade or Peter, he still has his hard earn physic and skills he learn which he applied everything into his arsenal of tools and skills, right down to how he plans on getting himself stronger.

Firstly, he began to rework his outfit that matches his fighting style. Consisting of using Drones, hidden weapons, and sneak attacks altogether.

The cape on his right shoulder was something he avoided the first time, maybe due to his Uncle's influence being that capes are stupid and stuff like that.

However, Liam made it useful by applying what he learn on working with Tony that he design it such that it could conceal weapons or hidden blades to take out foes or any enemies in a stealthy way.

The main thing he primarily worked on was his gun that might not look different from a customize magnum but the only thing different was its bullets.

After his talk with Rogue, he understands that normal humans can't contend with mutants.

So, his bullets are designed to fight such opponents that each bullet contained multiple rounds to face any opponent he encounters.

Acid rounds, sticky rounds, and even explosive rounds, Liam began to prepare each batch of bullets to his gun and was ready to face them.

Next was his drones and he heavily designed them based on Tony's designs while creating the Iron Giant.

He applied an independent AI on Alpha which was heavily designed to match with the suit and adapt to any situations that might occur.

Taught with multiple fighting styles and advanced weapons training, it was perfectly designed to be an assistant to the suit while being able to handle controlling multiple drones at once to help Liam in battles.

Liam had to create two AIs mainly due to the computational limits it could handle and had to rely mainly on multiple processors to handle each one, unlike Tony who doesn't have that problem.

Apart from his offensive and stealth capabilities, the defense was miles apart from Tony's Iron Giant which Liam had to settle with just metal platings on vital parts of his body and just carry a medkit behind his back.

He had learned much from Yinsen's teachings and decided to apply them to situations that might arise.

He finally went active once he settled down back at the shop as he started hunting down small-time criminals and thugs as a way to test out his tools.

His mode of transportation was a skateboard attached with boosters which were piloted by Beta to zoom through the cities, the design was a bit bulky but lets him able to glide through the skies with no effort whatsoever.

Whenever he would land, he would just jump down from the skies and use his cape to glide down before beating his opponents using martial arts mixed with blades thrown out by his chest belt.

As for those people hit by the small blades, a surge of electricity began to jolt in the bodies as a thin steel thread was attached to each blade, connected to Liam's right hand which are generated from the mini Arc reactor to overload itself and send a bolt of electricity through their body.

He would wipe out but one person who was just scared shitless after seeing what the masked vigilante has done to his goons. The mask radiated a cold yet menacing glare in its bright white eyes.

"You.....are......marked....."

After he said that in a chilling and death-like tone, he used the blade to lift himself in the air before he was picked up by his skateboard and flew away to disappear.

The man thought he was just lucky that he was spared by such a horrible being, quickly ran off. Thinking that he was spared because he hasn't deemed himself as a target for him.

But he soon regretted his decision the next day when news began to report on him with multiple accusations of murder and rape.

Knowing that the police would come for him, he tried running through a window which should lead him to emergency stairs to escape from. But what awaited him there was...

The same masked figure who told he was marked.

"I come to collect the debt...."

By the time the police arrive, the man was already been beaten to a pulp, having multiple injuries on his body in such a way that his physical body can be healed and his injuries aren't fatal but as for the man's mentality...

"Oh god...I'm sorry for killing them, officers. It was my fault. I murdered them...please arrest me before he comes back...."

Behind him were the words 'Marked' written in the blood of the victim. Giving an uneasy look on their faces before arresting the poor man.

Soon, multiple incidents ran amok as criminals were beaten in alleyways, and those who were spared by the beaten were Marked by the masked Vigilante. Revealing their crimes before being subjected like the rest of his victims.

To some who were spared, they decided to turn themselves in before the Mask Figure come for them as all the criminals and corrupt officials being 'Marked' by the Figure, turned themselves instead of suffering from the torture

No matter how protected a person was, the Masked Vigilante could easily enter their homes and be subjected to torture as the crime rate in Harlem began to lessen down as the citizens thanked their newfound superhero in the shadows.

As for their hero...

"Sorry, Liam. I've been eating tacos yesterday and caused such a mess in the bathroom. I hope that you can forgive me this time."

"............"

Bob apologetically smiles at Liam who was staring at the mess in the bathroom, was already equipped with cleaning tools. Yet a deadpan expression on his face, feeling he want to dumpster dive back into the trash can once more.

Liam tried to call the plumbing service to help but due to Bob's reputation for destroying his toilet every time, they stopped their services on him that even when he tried paying them a larger commission, they still wouldn't agree to the terms.

And so, Liam's lamented that he had tortured his victims too much that they won't do crimes anymore and decided to go back to dumpster diving as his coping mechanism again.

25