Chapter 25: A Clash of Giants
589 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fei Xiao was beautiful. No doubt about that.

However, she mostly works as a delivery girl after moving from china and dreams of becoming rich, living life in luxury after seeing how nice it was to live in the US.

To pay for her tuition, she's been steadily earning her income while studying hard to not drop her scholarship to a private university. Even so, it wasn't hard for her and even made some friends.

There's one thing that always bothered her though...

Liam Wilson.

Out of her Regular Customers, the shop which was owned by a disgusting fat man named Bob was infamous due to its unhygienic store and owner's bad odor of not bathing for a week.

Unfortunately, it also has the best computer systems in the entire neighborhood while also positioning itself near two schools, making it a good hub for students that want to play games and surf the internet.

However, it would soon shut down mainly due to the former reason if not for the arrival of his helper that completely changes the entire shop itself.

Fei Xiao's delivery on Bob's shop began to grow decreasingly less and found out that the shop became quite famous that even her friends had invited her out to play there.

When she arrives, she saw that everything inside the shop was completely renovated from top to bottom.

No mess or trash was being thrown everywhere, the computers were cleaned and even upgraded with better systems than before and even people were eating different kinds of food with relish and greed that most of the dishes were either western or eastern dishes that Fei Xiao can tell that it was almost authentic to the native dishes in her land.

"Oh! Feifei! I didn't expect you to visit us again."

Bob called out to her on a counter as he was full of bliss and joy, seeing that his dilapidated shop became what it is today.

And it was all thanks to Vanessa and Wade's kid that all of this could have happened.

Liam wanted to be independent(making up a reason to get away from the trouble between Tony and Stane) and Vanessa ask Bob to take care of him since Liam was planning on checking Universities here to enroll in once he graduated high school.

At first, he felt troubled since he couldn't take care of himself, and not only that, he had to be a guardian for Liam while at that.

However, his thinking got overturned after how Liam began to help out clean his place and even worked on his shop which became what it is right now.

Liam had already worked on making his suit which was far easier to do once he began to fix things around the shop.

Upgrading computers weren't as hard as making Alpha and Beta and even got a better deal after seeing the PC specs which are better than his own devices, which was why he help out fixing and even upgrading the computers to be rewarded with better processors and chips to upgrade his drones or his suit.

As for the furniture and electronics, there wasn't much to be worked on as the gaming chairs were mostly fixed easily since Liam had a much harder time working in his suit than simply stitching and making a chair comfy to sit.

In the end, Liam's only concern was the food situation which was caused by Liam cooking food for Bob during lunchtime and the customers felt envious which he settled on making Liam cook for them in exchange for paying for the ingredients and shares of the money which he accepted in the end.

Causing a surge of popularity in the shop that not only was it clean, has better computers and even a dedicated chef that makes good food that was healthy to eat.

This causes Fei Xiao to even be shocked at the outcome as she once remembers Liam being that dumpster diving kid who mutters 'Life is shit' and all that depressing stuff to turn into someone who's quite popular with the girls after seeing how delicious the food was.

He was serving dishes to customers while they were playing, being technical support whenever there were problems with the computers, and even cleaning up dishes after the customer was done which he even wipe the table clean before leaving.

Whenever someone asks him for help, he would kindly playfully talk to them that she couldn't believe that this was the same person that was dumpster diving...

"Oh, Liam? I think I might have broken the toilet again. Apologies kid."

"........."

But she quickly reverts her opinion of him once he saw his playful smile slowly disappear and began walking outside to see him staring at the dumpster before diving inside once more.

"He's still the same person..." Fei Xiao felt a bit relieved since she saw Liam as quite a perfect person who was quite good at everything.

But she quickly shook her opinion of him, seeing that she felt a bit attracted to his unique personality as she remembers that she has a boyfriend.

He might not be as great as Liam but her boyfriend was a great person whom she loves very much.

Since she has plans on spending the night with him for a movie tonight, she didn't stay in the shop for very long before leaving the place.

******

It was supposed to be the best night she has. That was what she thought at that time.

Her boyfriend would always protect her, she thought. As he ran away in fear, leaving her alone to be faced with a giant monster whose gaze was filled with bloodlust and rage.

"I....am....the strongest....." A yellowish hue of skin stands before her, a bulky muscular of a once humanoid man stands before her, the gaze full of power and strength.

That was it, she thought as there was no hope of ever escaping this monstrosity before her as she knelt on the ground, feeling like all hope was lost.

But as for every fairy tale that come, a gallant knight would always appear before...

"Hey, you deformed manbaby! Are you also a pedophile now as well? How about you pick someone your size for once!"

Liam shouted as he shot the abomination's eyes before grabbing Fei Xiao away as he ran, far from the monster who was trashing from the injury in its eye.

'Oh fuck! There's no way someone out there is big enough to fight that guy.' Liam who was just heading back to the shop after visiting the junkyard to collect some useful scrap finds out that this monster shows up out of nowhere and began to wreak havoc around the city.

He plans on escaping like the rest of the civilians but he saw someone familiar to him which whom Bob was acquainted, he didn't hesitate to rescue her since Bob might feel sad about her being dead and whatnot.

However, his provocation only proves to anger the monster as its sights goes towards the two Liam had no choice but to reveal his secret to save both of them.

"Be-" but right as he was about to call Beta, a huge object landed on the ground a bit farther to their location as a roar began to erupt. A green monster suddenly appeared and jumped at the yellow monster.

"Oh My...." Fei Xiao was shocked.

"....Fuck...?" Liam was dumbstruck.

Both of them didn't even expect this had happened to them both as they watch two collisions of giants duke it out in the middle of the city.

25