Chapter 26: Green, Yellow and…
599 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a large mansion, right beside the cliff, facing the sea.

"Hmn....? First, there's a man wearing a spider costume, trying to make himself a superhero. Now two monsters are battling out there in Harlem? I don't even know what's going on with the world right now..."

Tony was currently painting a mechanical humanoid armor, trying to give it a bit of flair to its design. Seeing its state which was nearly finished, he decided to take a break and sat on his chair, trying to relax yet once he turned on a TV, a confused look on his face before thinking it wasn't worth his time as he changes his channel.

"....I wonder how that kid doing these days, I bet he is having fun right now. Trying to ask a girl out or something..."

******

"Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!"

Liam was sweating bullets, lifting a girl in a princess carry, trying to avoid the projectiles that are flying everywhere from the battle between the two monsters out in the middle of the city.

He was only trying to hide from trouble since he didn't want to involve Vanessa in the battle between Tony and Stane.

A power struggle between the rich folks would occur, considering that not only Tony was still alive, but it might also be a matter of time Liam would get involved in their fight considering Liam has two things Stane might want from him.

The Mini Arc reactor Tony has in his chest and Liam's intelligence.

Liam knew that Stane was a power-hungry person that wouldn't even hesitate to eliminate his own friend's son just so he could control the entire company.

For such a man with that kind of obsession, Liam was like a treasure chest that was discovered accidentally and Stane knew that Liam could potentially be used as a weapon against Tony, which was why he decided to leave the city and stayed here. Not only to hide from them but also to make sure that Vanessa might not get involved because of him.

But now? He regrets leaving the place after getting himself in a much more problematic situation as he was currently trying to escape from the carnage these two behemoths are doing right now.

The Green Monster starts to beat up the yellow monster while the other overpowers him with just its brute strength.

Given their situation right now, the green one was weaker than the yellow one. Yet the two were still a bit equal due to the yellow monster's injuries in his right eye(courtesy of Liam).

Liam was quite helpless in the situation right now. 

His equipment is on Beta right now stationed close to him when needed but he is currently holding baggage in his hands and currently occupied by her that he can't transform or else his secret would be revealed.

'Guess there's no helping it....'

"Thank you for saving me, Liam." Fei Xiao smiles as she didn't expect that her savior wasn't her boyfriend who promise to protect her with his life but that dumpster diving guy who was quite cool right now.

Even though her boyfriend was right to escape from such a situation he quickly abandoned her without a second thought after facing such a monster with no one to help. If not for Liam who had risked his life for her, she could have imagined what would have happened to her and felt disgusted at her boyfriend's false promise.

While they were escaping, a huge rock landed on their position, the debris caused by the impact began to scatter in every single direction, some even went towards them which Fei Xiao could only scream in fear as Liam had no choice but to use his body to block the incoming debris.

"G-guh..."

"L-liam?!"

"I'm fine. Tis just but a flesh wound." He just laughs, trying to make a playful joke but Fei Xiao couldn't help but feel a bit pained after seeing Liam's back that was full of wounds.

While the damage wasn't apparent, seeing that Liam only suffered a few scratches cause her to feel guilty that he had to use his body to protect her from harm.

"T-thank you for saving me Liam but..." She felt like Liam had risked his life to protect her which she didn't even deserve something like this, considering they only have a few interactions at most and they weren't even acquaintances, just two people meeting one another.

"No. I did it because you are important to me." Liam gaze at her with a serious look on his face. He didn't hesitate to say that line because he truly meant what he said.

"Eh?" Fei Xiao froze as her face turned red from receiving such an unexpected confession out of nowhere, not expecting Liam to say such a line to her.

"Because Uncle Bob likes you that I should do my best to protect you." Filtering out the last line Liam said to her, she only heard the first line and ignore the other, causing her imagination to run wild.

'Liam likes me?'

'Oh my god, I didn't expect him to say such a line. Not only that, he even said such cool line when we're in such a dangerous situation where he even risked his own life to save me.'

'Wait, isn't Liam such a good boyfriend material? His looks aren't bad, he's quite competent, a friendly and playful guy that helps around the shop, and he even risked his life to save me.'

'His Uncle even said that Liam's quite smart and he even knows how to cook food. Isn't he a perfect boyfriend material?!'

Fei Xiao's mind began to slowly fixate on her fantasy, envisioning such a happy and blissful life while Liam was trying his best not to get caught in the battle between the monsters that are fighting.

'Ugh...The injuries aren't bad but it's going to be a pain having to carry this girl while trying to avoid getting caught in their fight.' Unfortunately for Liam, every time he tried to avoid them, their battle would still lead them to him as he kept dodging and evading their attacks to the best he can while trying to keep Fei Xiao himself while having injuries.

At first, it wasn't bad for him to dodge the debris caused by their collision but as time goes on, he began to feel tired from having to avoid their conflict that his vision began to blur and he was slowly tiring himself out from running away.

Finally, the green monster punch the yellow one so hard that he flew far which Liam made a break for it and had escaped from the battle as he could finally put Fei Xiao down after the place was safe for them to rest.

"Haah.....haah....gah....."

"Liam...."

Sensing how tired Liam was, Fei Xiao finally realize how tiresome Liam had to make just to keep her safe as she knew how burdensome she had been while being carried by him.

'Why am I having such a happy fantasy when my hero had just risked his life just to save me?'

Fei Xiao couldn't believe how much Liam's effort just to make sure she was safe, cause him to be like this as she was just daydreaming about him while forgetting his condition was.

"Liam, let's quickly get you to a doctor."

"Y-yeah...I think I should get myself chec...."

But before he could continue his words, he quickly push Fei Xiao off as she was shocked, only to end up seeing a yellow blur appear before her, revealing a yellow fist and a savage yet evil smile.

"Gotcha."

The yellow monster smiles as Fei Xiao shudders, she trembled while turning to the front, seeing Liam being embedded into a wall, his body fully bloodied and bruised from just the impact alone, not knowing whether he was even still alive from that at all...

23