Chapter 28: Reject Romance, Become Wingman
657 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's fine Auntie. The doctor says that I'll fully recover in a month or so since the injuries I have might be big but not so much that I'll be put into the ICU."

Bob was currently holding onto Liam's phone while he was calling Vanessa about his injuries a week ago, during the incident between two monsters battling out in Harlem.

He was scolded at the time due to risking his life to be a hero but at the same time complimented him for saving a friend(though Liam thought it was Bob's acquaintance, not his). However, he doesn't want to argue with Vanessa about that, lease he wanted to continue the scolding.

Liam wouldn't even be alive right now if not for the intense training Wade put him through to strengthen his body to his near limit, considering how thin Liam was compared to most average American teens.

His body might be near the athletic level of training but he's still a teen nonetheless. However, his sheer will and determination had pulled him through to survive and even manage to distract the yellow monster, such that, he save Fei Xiao who was held against her will at that time.

She occasionally visits him to converse and apologize for him about what had happened but he easily brushes it off and laughs.

"If I manage to save a cute girl like you, I'll probably do it again. My Uncle would commend me for it if I did it again. So it's not much but it's honest work. Hahaha."

"Geez. I didn't know your such a flirtatious guy."

"Well, you knew me to just be that dumpster diving guy back at Uncle Bob's shop. So you wouldn't know how I'm such a devilish charmer I am."

"Hahaha..."

Liam lightens the mood of their conversation as both of them interact, feeling that they grew closer because of that.

Fei Xiao realizes how much fun she slowly has during their conversation as she finally understands why she always seems interested in Liam.

He would be weird at times, yet all of that was overshadowed by his competent personality, his helpful tone, and how brave when he help others in times of need.

Being hot and flirty only just adds charm to his as Liam was quite cool and charming when he saved her at that time.

Liam was just a prince charming in Real Life to Fei Xiao which couldn't be helped that she was slowly developing feelings for him.

"Say, Liam?"

"Yeah?"

"D-do you..." Stammered by her words, she wanted to know if he has a girlfriend or something.

"Is what are you asking me?" Like reading her face, Liam already understands what she was trying to say to him. Unless he is dense or unaware of people around him, Liam was more observant in his surroundings and understands what she was trying to say to him.

He wasn't a hopeless romantic kinda guy nor was he isn't devoid of love such that he can't love others. For him, he was accepting love from others and wouldn't shy from it, even if it was a girl who had asked him out.

Yet.

"I'm sorry." He lightly says it to her, trying his best to not hurt her feelings but rejecting someone will eventually hurt which he can only accept that he had to hurt her today so she can recover the next day.

Liam is a person who pursues strength.

He knows he might get himself into troublesome situations. In the past, till the future, he understands that nothing would be easy for him.

Living a dire life as a kid, trying his best to grow strong and the future where he will be brought to trouble where ever he goes. He knows that he isn't safe from harm.

The events with Peter and his uncle, the mystery with mutants and even getting kidnapped with Tony in Afghanistan. Hell, he even had to survive an attack from a huge monster head-on and nearly died. Liam knew he wasn't a safe person to be around.

Not only that, he still has Vanessa to protect. Wade wasn't here for them and it's up to him to be the man of the house until he returns. Romance was still too far and he wants to focus on getting strong.

While it's not bad for him to date a girl and Vanessa would approve of their relationship, Liam was still insecure about himself to date as he needs to be ready for anything at all times.

He didn't tell her that as he just told her that after he heals himself, he would go back home since high school was starting soon and he was preparing to study for college and had no time to date, someone.

"You might not like having a long-distance relationship between us so this is the only way I can say this to you without getting yourself hurt."

The main reason why Liam doesn't want to date is that...

'I just don't like romance at all. Having friends is enough for me.'

"I guess it was short but I'm really glad I met you, Liam." Fei Xiao relented to him and decided to let go of her feelings before heading out.

"We can still be friends...Oh, she just left...." Liam sighs as he watched her go and just stares at his window, feeling just calm about it.

He could have just accepted her confession and just follow what Wade said to him about living a normal life but after all the things that had happened to Liam.

"Nah, I'll still pursue this crazy life rather than living a normal life. Plus, I still have to save Peter's romance before he ruins himself. With the way he's going out there, being a hero and whatnot, he needs someone to watch his back before he ends up in a fucked up situation."

Liam still remembers times when Peter almost blunders his identity while being Spiderman and laughs as he almost got exposed one time if not for Liam having to hack the place he was planning on changing.

To this day, Peter still owes Liam for saving him that time and he knew that even Peter was smart, he still has that airheadedness in him to get himself into trouble, not only in being a normal kid but also in romance as well.

Hell, if it weren't for Liam, Peter would have blundered into not booking his date with Mary Jane and would ruin their time if not for him. So he is too busy being a wingman than being a romance man.

There's also his Aunt who was still waiting for Wade to come back he was worried about her. He can't abandon her while she was still sad as Liam also waited for Wade to come back as well.

"Haah...I hope that after coming back, nothing troublesome happens....again..." Liam prayed as he was unaware of the events that would happen between Tony and Stane, their relationship going dire between the two of them.

24