Chaoter 27: A kiss from Death
613 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you satisfied with your life?" A woman calls out to a boy, the deadpan expression on his face, staring at the empty place filled with bones and death all around him.

"Do you desire power?" She calls out to him again, this time however his eyes widen as he felt like desperation come before him. Seeing this, however, the woman's bonely gaze was felt by the young man.

"Poor poor Liam Wilson. A boy who was forsaken by the world. Are you mad about being powerless? Are you sad that even with the strength you gain, you are still weak?"

"Does that anger you?" She caresses his face, the gaze of her hollow eyesockets burns through Liam's face as he was still desperate yet...

"Yeah. I am weak. I can't deny that." Weakly smiling at the person before him, Liam was honest and didn't deny his obsession with strength.

No matter what, he had been getting into things that shouldn't even be possible for a kid like him since the start of his life yet he still felt like he was destined for something.

However...

"But I just don't like getting power without effort though. If I want one, I rather work hard for it even if it kills me in the end."

If there's one thing Liam was prideful about, is that he rather get his power through his efforts rather than relying on others or being given to him out of pity.

Even if it kills him, he is adamant about chasing his growth through his efforts. He would even deny given powers from a god unless he is rewarded through his efforts.

"If you are going to give me power, I won't ask for it. But what I do have are a particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired for a very long life. Skills that make me quite an attractive man for the girls. If you just give me a kiss, that would be the end of it."

"I am Liam Wilson, the adopted son of Wade Wilson. I am weak, powerless, and a human. But I am going back out there, dying or not. I will do my best to show you how determined I am."

Liam grab both of her hands, his gaze while playful, still had that determination to back his words.

Death could but just be surprised to see that Liam resembles the man who came before her, unable to die yet still smiles while having fun, even when being tortured.

Yet, the differences could be seen differently as the man was completely insane, to begin with, while this boy still possesses sanity.

But in the end, both of them still had screws loose in their heads.

"Fufu...I see you decide your choice young man." Lady Death can't feel but feel just happy that even though her immortal life, she can still find some entertainment upon seeing two very interesting people.

"Damn Straight." Liam was oblivious to the person before him and just smiled, thinking that it was just a hallucination just like Wade had whenever he talks to himself.

"It might just be just a short visit but I want to see the person who rejects Death's grace.....Liam Wilson." Just showing a bit of affection to him, Death just planted a kiss on Liam's forehead before slowly disappearing in his view.

".......Wait wha...." Liam finally realizes what she meant and understands that he had just died yet...

"U-ugh.....fuck me..." Upon returning back to the living world, an endless torrent of pain began to manifest as he remembered being blown off by the yellow monster's punch and died.

He didn't know why he just came back to life since it was all confusing to him. Or basically just experiencing a near-death situation where he was talking to Lady Death in person but...

Fei Xiao was currently struggling while being upward by the yellow monstrosity. Its eyes were gazing at her, thinking of ways to break just a feeble person in his hand.

"Aah....this power is so addictive and overwhelming. I can't wait to break every single bone in your body."

"A-ah....h-help...."

Fei Xiao began tearing up, feeling death was soon closing in on her, she was feeling guilty that Liam had saved her life once more yet had to pay the price with his own life.

'I-i'm so sorry Liam...' Feeling the grip getting tighter, she soon hear her body screaming in pain as her bones began to slowly break.

"H-hey!"

"Hmn....?" The monster's grip began to stop as he heard a voice calling out. Turning to that direction was Liam himself. Laughing while he began to cough up blood.

"I......I hear.......I hear no......bell...." Weakly trying to stand up, he stares at the monster with a weak smile, trying his best to raise his hand and give a middle finger at the yellow monster.

"Haha...you speak as if you have power kid." The yellow monster laughs but was interrupted by Liam with his dry laugh. "What's so funny kid?"

"Hehe...Just watching a monster beating up kids while saying he's strongest." Giving a straight insult even with injuries in his body, Liam mocks the monster without any care for his life.

"....Bold Words Kid." The monster smirks as he throws Fei Xiao like he was done playing with her and began to approach Liam with a sinister grin.

"So bold that I got a joke for you. Wanna hear it? Or you want to beat me up because your angry that you can't kill a dying kid." Liam loses his balance yet still stands strong for the yellow monster to be in front of him, standing tall as if he was showing his position in the hierarchy.

"Heh...humor me, kid." Deciding that he should play with Liam before killing him, he decided to let him say his last words before crushing him to a meat paste.

"Knock Knock...."

"So this is your last words? Very well, Whose there."

"Green....."

"Huh....? Green? What do-" Before the yellow monster could finish his words, he was blown away by a punch, just as Liam was, flew away as Liam was currently standing in front of an injured green monster with an angry look on its face.

"Heh. Green Man you bastard." Liam already saw the Green monster that was slowly standing up behind the two and only need to buy time which he did and ended up giving a moment of surprise at the yellow monster.

The green Monster just stares at Liam who was trying to stand and ignore him before pursuing the yellow monster as Fei Xiao quickly ran towards Liam after the place was clear before he finally lost consciousness.

'I was never going to fight anyway. Too injured to move. But....' Before passing out, he turned in the two monsters' direction as his gaze was stern and glared at them. 'I'll get strong, no matter what. Believe it.'

25