Chapter 29: Faceslapping? How about Armor Piercing Round Instead?
569 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bus passes by, dropping Liam off the street, he stretches his body off before pushing his wheelchair to his home.

It was only half a month that passed during his stay in Harlem as Liam finally arrive back at his neighborhood, feeling joyful that he was finally freed from the tortu-homestay at Bob's place.

The liberation from finally escaping that place made Liam feel even more thankful for having Wade take him in rather than him dropping Liam at Bob's. Imagining that scenario, Liam shudders and felt glad Wade was better than Bob and his conflict with his toilet where Liam had to invent a new cleaning detergent just to wash off the stains at his place.

Liam might have created a miracle bleach to clean such a dirt stain bathroom but the bleach can't clean the stains on his heart, every time he comes to the bathroom where Bob after leaving the place, traumatizes him.

It was such a huge case that whenever Bob laughs and says toilet, Liam would start to instinctively start to roll his wheelchair to the nearest dumpster that the nurses tried to stop him every time he does so.

Liam thought that because the conflict between Stane and Tony had reached its critical point, he could safely return home because he might not get himself involved with them anymore.

Yet, the moment he rolled up to his place, he finally saw something that had happened.

Vanessa greeted him with a smile on her face but Liam was observant and saw that her face was bandaged up on her left cheek.

"Auntie! What happened to you?!"

"Ah, Don't worry about it. Just that your employer, Mr. Stane..."

Vanessa recounted her story which she was slapped because she wasted his time for nothing and just left after hearing that Liam wasn't here.

Liam just sighs and thanks Vanessa but he felt guilty that his employer just acted violently towards her.

"It's fine Liam. I'm just glad that you stop working for that asshole. Just knowing that guy and his personality of seeing things like he's some sort of king just pisses me off."

"But still, I'm sorry he had done that to you just to protect me."

Liam embraced his aunt, feeling upset that he couldn't protect her though, even though just leaving her would at least protect her from harm against Stane after leaving the company.

'Sorry Uncle, I failed at protecting Aunt.' Remembering the letter Wade gave him, Liam felt guilty and responsible that Vanessa was slapped by that bastard while he was away.

He was fine with Stane, even though he was a bit narcissistic at times. Showing that everyone he controls is just his tools.

While money was not a problem for Liam, considering how much he earn while following Wade on his mercenary mission, not only that, he worked as a hacker to steal money from corrupt people. He wanted to earn 'Clean' cash by doing part-time while learning Stark's technologies as he wanted Vanessa to know she didn't have to work so hard because of him.

But with the incident with Tony and how their conflict was at that time, Liam knew that dragging Vanessa into trouble wasn't what he wanted to do.

So, even when leaving the company, Stane decided to visit Liam after finding out Tony's identity as being Iron Man while also working with the Ten Rings to rebuild the prototype suit to escape. However, needing a mini Arc Reactor to power the suit with.

While Tony has an Arc reactor on his chest, he soon found out that Liam could also build him one due to Tony's trust in his 'father's friend' and decided that he could just 'politely' visit his place for a talk.

It goes back to a full circle as Liam rolled up to his room instead of heading to the basement as he put on his earphones and his cheerful tone was replaced with a cold glare.

"Alpha, start gathering up all the info of the 'Iron Monger'. From his components to materials, I need data on even the smallest details on that thing."

[Affirmative.]

Liam put all of his stuff on the bed as he rolls to the closet and took out a bag.

He places it on his bed and unzipped the bag as a smirk was plastered on his face.

******

Tony should have trusted what Liam had said to him that time.

Even if the evidence was shown in front of him, he still believes that Stane, his father's friend, and his guardian would never plan on harming him or the company.

Yet, he was currently wearing his iron man suit, facing off a giant metal behemoth, which was not only strong but also powered by an Arc Reactor that he once wore to pilot his latest iron man suit as he was currently wearing the Arc Reactor Liam made for him which was an inferior version due to using whatever he could build-out of that cave.

But Tony didn't mind since if it wasn't for Liam working for a long time for this, he would barely be able to contend against Stane for so long.

"My God, this power. Such weapon. I never thought I could get this powerful." Stane and his ego felt the unimaginable power of the Iron Monger as even Tony was helpless before his might.

"Stane..."

Tony's only saving grace was that Pepper had retreated far enough from their battle which Tony had less difficulty in fighting Stane while having someone to protect.

But the moment he pulled out the Iron Monger's weapons and aimed it at the civilians below, Tony's eyes widen as Stane was becoming increasingly arrogant.

"Tony, let me show these Ants how the might of the Iron Monger holds."

"Fuck! Dammit, Stane!"

"Hahaha! Behold! The power of-" Before he could fire his weapon, the Iron Monger's entire arm, even his own arm was blown off by such a strong shot that all of them were shocked at Stane's arm disconnected from his entire body, his screams echoed painfully on the roof of the company building as Tony was about to scan for an incoming attack...

[Sir. Incoming Call from Liam Wilson.]

"........P-patch him through Jarvis."

Despite being shocked at the scene before him, he decided to answer the call as it was way too coincidental for Liam to call him, even more so...

'How did Liam even get my contact info?'

"Sup Tony. Like what I did to your Uncle there? Pretty Nice huh." Liam playfully smiled as he patted his Customize Barret Sniper Rifle that could even penetrate the strongest Alloy which should counter bullets.

'Dare to Slap my own Aunt? How about I trade this Armor Piercing bullet for that arm of yours? You arrogant fuck.'

No one fucking messes with my Uncle's girl without losing an arm and a leg, Liam quoted as he aimed his rifle again, now planning on taking Stane's leg.

22