Chapter 30: 2 Shots, End of Life
571 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For Liam, he never held an advantage over Wade when it comes to fighting or using guns. Even when Wade blindfolded himself while shooting, he was never at a disadvantage. So much so that he tends to tease Liam that he's a bad shot, when most of his shots were quite accurate for a beginner.

"Aww...Why are you so grumpy all the time kid? Can't you just hit me like the time you delivered a surprise attack on me one time?"

"Grrr...Fight me seriously for once!" Liam was exhausted while unable to land a blow towards Wade, even so much so compared to Wade who was still energetic, maybe even having fun teasing Liam. 

They usually spar whenever Wade has free time during his mercenary work yet Liam always felt inferior to the man before him and not only that, his constant annoyance brought so much anger that he tends to miss his shots or leaves so much opening during their spar.

Eventually, Liam manages to calm himself that even at a critical point in life, controlling his emotions to not be bothered by Wade's annoyance.

But one thing scary about Liam was that...

He never misses a shot once he's calm.

'Down and slow tilt to the right, perfect shot through the kneecaps. And....bang.' Liam was cold yet even when he had a hard time shooting while in a wheelchair, he pinpoint his sights at the Iron Monger's leg before firing his shot.

Once the bullet began to fly in the air, it slowly began to shift its movements due to the wind pressure it receives as even if Liam perfectly lines his shots, it would miss depending on how much friction the bullet travels through the air.

"Yet, even if there's an error in my shot...."

*Bang*

"Gah!!!"

"I never miss my target." The bullet connects through the Giant armored behemoth, blowing its leg off, even Stane's leg was also caught by the blast and ended up cut off from the rest of his body as well.

The impact of the sniper rifle was quite terrifying that even Tony who was also wearing his armor could only tremble at such power of the firepower the rifle had.

'The armor Stane was wearing isn't ordinary. It's an alloy stronger than steel and it literally can tank ballistic rounds! How in the....' Tony was right as it was normally impossible to just penetrate such alloy. This was why Tony could contend with the Iron Monger even with its size differences. Both suits are made of the same Alloy, such that they couldn't be easily penetrated through without any effort.

Liam also held that regard as well, considering he also worked at Stark and can learn the technologies they have worked on, even if some were quite hidden from other employees which Liam had no access to.

But...

'Sure, Tony is smart and he has an AI that can block any hacking on his server. But can he handle a hacker with an AI as well?' Liam knew that to get through more information, he must fight in a war against Tony's AI by joining hands with Alpha to penetrate through Tony's security which gained access to even the most secretive files Stark had made.

Adamantium alloy research, nanotech, and even Omnium Alloy are the ones their suits are made of. Liam gained access through their technology and was finally able to work on remodeling a certain bullet which even Tony would find shocking.

"KFAP(Katana Forged Armor Piercing) Round. Coupled with explosive rounds after half of nanosecond delay, even if I only made two, it's just enough that Tony to see how even his Armor can't protect him. And that's how to kill two birds with one stone. Crippling Stane for hurting my Aunt and a bit of showing off that Tony isn't the only genius in this town. Heh."

Liam smirks as he pointed his rifle towards Tony who moves back in fear from the sniper aimed at him but it was only just a prank for Liam as revenge for trying to leave him in a foreign country.

Plus, as Liam said, he only made two of those with the limited time he has and decided to disassemble his rifle before stuffing it into his bag. He then throws the bag off the building, thinking to hide the evidence yet a drone manages to catch the bag mid-flight and flew away as Liam rolls away in his wheelchair with a smile on his face.

"Hey, Liam! Who the hell are you?!" Tony was furious that Liam had caused such a bloody scene and was leaving without knowing how terrifying his deeds were. He just thought of him as being just a Kid with a dangerous skill but such a background that was unqualified for.

Liam was smart, Tony knew about that. But not only was he a genius like him, his skills in firearms and how calm he was even when fighting on a battlefield was not a kid would have.

Tony's suspicious of him were high that Liam was just a highly-skilled spy sent to infiltrate his company yet his background was way too clean except for his birthplace not being in this country.

He didn't have any birth certificate or any semblance of identification of his origin except for an adoption paper of...

"Well, you kinda guess who my uncle is Tony but I don't have time since my Aunt doesn't want me to stay up late for tonight. See ya!" Liam began to descend to the building, not caring for Tony's interrogation of him as he needed to know more of who this kid was.

However, he was stopped by Pepper who hugged him with worry in her eyes as she thought that it was the end of her life after all the things that had happened.

Tony comforted her as he turns to Stane who was bleeding out while cursing to both Tony and Liam he sighed and was too shocked to recover from the events that had transpired.

Unfortunately, there was still one last line Liam did that caused Tony some discomfort.

"By the Way, I left another gift for you. Hope you like it."

"Liam, what did you just say-"

*Boom*

A flash of light began to light up behind both Tony and Pepper as they turned around from a colorful explosion of different lights that lit up the skies and soon, words began to write themselves which Pepper was shocked as Tony was jaw-dropped yet smirks after realizing what Liam did to him.

"You cheeky little shit..."

As Liam slowly rolls outside to see the fireworks display he created, he didn't pay attention to it as he rolled his wheelchair off into the distance, passing by the cops who had heard gunshots near the building behind him.

He might hate Tony since he just doesn't like him at all but he still cooperated in escaping the place, even gaining trust just to escape the place. So, just a bit of a wingman here and there wouldn't hurt anybody, especially just to cause a distraction to delay the cops from the gunshots they either informed about or heard in a distance.

For Liam, he might feel excited about working in such a dangerous activity but he mostly prefers the normal life he has right now. Keeping Vanessa safe, finding a part-time job, and living off a normal kid might not be bad compared to this kind of activity.

Unfortunately, life isn't giving him an easy life.

A man accidentally shove Liam's wheelchair off and cause him to stumble into a rock he was propelled forwards and tackled a girl into the ground.

To make matters worse, not only did he push her to the ground, he ended up groping her chest to which the silver-haired girl screamed and ended up being pulled up by two cops.

"Kid, your coming with us."

'Fuck.' Liam cursed in his mind.

28