Chapter 34: Man-Hating Felicia 3
457 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leading the date, Felicia turn her head towards Liam who was following blindly behind her, not really knowing where he needs to go.

He isn't a outgoing person, mostly staying in home or heading to a gym to train his muscles such that his skills doesn't rust. At most, the only thing that he considers going towards was just visiting some electronics store to buy parts for his gadgets and stuff he needed to build his supercomputer back at his basement.

So when he is forced to go out with Felicia, he is as clueless as a caveman visiting civilization for the first time.

He doesn't like to stand out, he prefers to be in places where the people he cares about are there and he mostly just have fun building things in his basement or cook food for when he has time. As such, going out was more of a pain for Liam, clearly underestimating a girl's eccentric behavior....

"Hey, that bag looks cute don't you think?"

"OMG! Is that the limited edition shoes that those girls are talking about?"

"Wait, MJ said that those type of clothes are quite trending right now."

Liam was slowly beginning to unravel the mystery between women and shopping as he was quickly dragged back and forth by Felicia who was zooming through every store as her eyes begin to shine at the different types of products they went through.

At one point, they stuck in one store for a few minutes before moving on at another shop which it took an hour before they left.

Liam even saw guys like him who were out with their girlfriends and feeling as if their souls have been sucked out of them through the abuse they are taken whenever girls began to scramble one shop after another and slowly feel like he could understand them.

Felicia was quite excited to see such products but felt her body being poured in cold water as she saw the price tags on the stuff she wanted to buy and felt upset at how expensive it was.

While the money they have was enough for her to live a normal life, it didn't mean that she could just spend it recklessly due to how her mother was quite strict with money, planning to save it for Felicia's future. Her mother didn't want her to end up like her father did, even if she had idolize her father in the past.

Felicia knew that money was quite tight for her but she really wanted to buy that bag....

"Here. Can we leave now?"

Liam who was too tired to wait for Felicia to choose, decided to buy the bag in her stead. Not planning on waiting patiently for Felicia to choose since he getting hungry after being dragged back and forth by her.

'What's with women and Shopping? Is this some kind of ritual lovers have to take?' For the introverted Liam to be clueless when it comes to understanding women, he tries to think hard about why peopl tend to hesitate on something they like.

If they like it, why not just buy it? This was the thought process of Liam who doesn't hesitate to do something troublesome since the more he wait for it to grow, the more problematic it would be if he just ignores it.

Liam grew up without understanding the morality of choices due to his sense of money being lack, primarily having abundance of it just laying on his bank account.

He quickly grabs the bag Felicia was staring hard at as he gave it to the cashier and took out his card.

For him, money was the least issue he had right now. Compared to the things he had in his lab, which compared to the expensive bag he had bought for felicia, it was the least expensive thing he owns, other than the garbage he dugged out at the junk yard.

Liam's money didn't just come out from the illegal stuff he and Wade did in the past, he tried doing stock exhange and even start some small buisinesses which traded the black money he had own into white money.

As such, while some of it were still black money(stuff from Stane's money still being processed to turned into clean cash), Liam's abundance of it were clearly enough to buy insignificant things that Felicia was gazing around, even having to buy the items she was staring hard on just to see her feel shock at how Liam easily bought them without any hesitation.

'W-wait.....if he is that rich....' A sense of suspicion arose from Felicia as she didn't expect that the guy in front of her, clearly younger than her, would actually be this rich, considering that his home wasn't all that great. Especially looking at his Aunt that doesn't seem to be dress to impress or remotely look like a rich person at all.

"I do a little bit of buisiness here and there plus I had worked at Stark before quitting due to the complicated process between the company. Also, my Uncle works a lot overseas which money isn't an issue for us." Liam explained to Felicia as it was easy to cover up the money he had, knowing that it would eventually be found out either way. It was easier to forge a good background story as to where their money came from while both were headed to a nearby fancy restaurant which Liam actually want to try out the dishes served there.

For Felicia however, the more she uncovers the mystery of Liam, the more she was surprise at how interesting Liam became to her.

He clearly didn't view her as the opposite sex but more than a friend of Mary Jane, he was quite attractive if he really but on a good appearance, he might act arrogant and tends to tease her but he puts it more to goodwill than anything. Not only that, he treats her well and even brought her to a nice, fancy restaurant(Liam's interest of eating a good meal).

For that reason, it clearly changes her perspective of guys inside her mind as Liam was clearly different from the guys she had met. Thinking that all her unfortunate luck was not meeting Liam quite early in her life.

Prioritizing on eating than looking at her, Liam putting more attention to his meal rather than his date made the other occupants in the restaurant feeling envious since the girl was quite a beauty which all of them were quite facinated by her beauty yet was ruined by this guy who emphasize his meal than her.

Felicia feeling like the men's gaze were aiming at her, she slowly feels uncomfortable being looked at and suddenly remembers the hatred she had of men.

'I'm suppose to hate guys because of how they treated me and....' She clearly still has lingering hatred of men inside her heart, which was cause by the former men who cause pain but...

"Felicia, you gotta try this out. This steak is so good." Liam's cheerful look and friendly gaze had cause a ripple which she felt guilty after seeing how happy Liam was while eating, seeing that he clearly has no intentions of her other than having fun.

He even talked to her about his background being an orphan and was adopted by Wade(not mentioning of his origins and his journeys) which she clearly felt like Liam was just trying to live life happily.

Plus....

"Your Mary Jane's friend and Peter's. If someone dares to mess with you, don't hesitate to ask since a friend of theirs is a friend of mine." Liam grins, treasuring friendship just below family as he was now more determined to protect what he has left rather than letting things end.

Having lost Marc and Eve, Liam didn't want his friendship with Peter turned sour just because Felicia was quite suspicious of him. Rather than that, if he can build a good rep in front of her, she could even help out even if he wasn't there for Peter.

Money was simply just a resource for Liam as trust was what he was after.

While he doesn't know why she was quite hostile to him in their first meeting, if it helps out peter's relationship with MJ, he can at least sacrifice money to have a stronger bond between them.

The two became closer as the sun was beginning to set, Liam escorting Felicia back home. Not expecting a sudden reunion out of nowhere...

20