Chapter 36: Nick Fury
488 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And out of nowhere, she began to scold me because I misunderstand her being a lesbian. I think that I should lay back on just jumping into conclusions without thinking deeply into the problem you know." Liam dips his fries on the ketchup before eating, just trying to let out his frustration while a man was just listening to him talk with a deadpan expression on his face.

"Young Wilson. While I do find your stories to be quite eccentric, we didn't come for some teenage romance to discuss but our topic from the last time we met." A black man staring hard on Liam with gaze of a militaristic expression, giving off a veteran commander in a battlefield, even if he looks like a retired man, Liam can still tell that in terms of experience, even Wade might have a hard time fighting this person.

While Liam was joking around with this person, he can tell that this guy was an expert. Not only that, this person could even sense that Liam might also be the same person as him, albeit with way less experience and skills yet was also quite skilled despite being a child.

"Right, right. No jokes this time then. I just wanted to lay off some steam before we get to the good part." Liam straighten himself as he now sees this to be time to be serious for once and eats his fries with a bit of dignity.

"Mr. Fury. You didn't just only invite me to this 'Avengers Initiative' right?" Liam gazes Nick Fury with a calculating gaze. He feels like there was more to this than just being protectors of the world.

Seeing that Liam was now putting on a more appropriate look which wasn't kidding around, Nick smiles as he begins to discuss his organization while probing Liam's actions like how commanders handle the battlefield.

"Earth might not be just in danger of the two freaks you met in Harlem. In actual truth, you might even say that there are more things hiding in the dark than what you believe in." He only gave some small talks about his plans as he believes that Liam might had already knew about his work. It might be hidden to most people but Liam's intel network isn't to be mess with. Considering that their first interaction, he gave off a feeling that he might had knew about him already.

Liam sensing that Fury had some basic understandings of him, gaze at him with seriousness while he lets him talk about his organization.

"The Avengers initiative plans on forming a group of people that have abilities to protect the earth. Each with their own special abilities that can help safeguard the planet from invading forces. One of those people is a good old friend of yours." Fury tosses out a folder as Liam picks it up and sees the title being 'Iron Man'.

'Tony? Figures.' Liam already understands that the file contains data about Tony as he shooks his head and passes back the folder since there was no point in looking at the file when he already met that man in person.

Fury takes back the file and continues his words, sensing that Liam might just be more worth in recruiting than he initially thought.

"Man in armors, yellow and green freaks fighting in city. Hell, you might already know about this young Wilson but you can even say about Mutants for all I care. But the last one is kinda tricky considering the hate growing in society."

"True." Liam sighs as this cause an impact to him. Fury sensing his upset look when it came to the term 'Mutants'.

"Got a problem with those people?"

"I got friends who are mutants. Shit on society because they have powers."

"Thats....quite a different view point than others."

"Well, if you live in a shit neighborhood, having one can at least save your skin at tough times." Liam gave a dry chuckle as he looks at his hands with a grim expression on his face.

Fury looks at Liam with a more different light as he saw that there was more to it to his story.

"Quite a background you gave me Young Wilson."

"Cut the crap Fury. My Uncle's contacts are not that competent when it comes to forgery. If you can, you would have already deported me back to where I come from." Liam glares at Fury, knowing damn well that his background was already been checked since the moment the government's eyes were on to him.

Fury being the government's dog would already sniff out Liam's very suspicious background at some point. Its quite easy since they would already have background checks on Liam if he even is born in this country. Deporting him is easy for Fury.

"Well, I'm not here for some deportation but our main point Young Wilson."

"Let me talk about that since I have some concerns."

"Well? Lay them out lad." Fury could sense that Liam was concern about the organization rather than him since Liam wasn't really poking at Fury's personality and focusing more on his line of work.

"As I said earlier, you didn't only include me in that list right?" Liam gazes more on Fury as he was more serious when it comes to the organization. He can tell that there was more to this story than it needs to be aa Fury took this case in a much more serious tone.

"Since you talk to my good friend Tony, I take it that you also have some data on the 'man in a spiderman suit'?" Liam's concern was on Peter since he can tell that this was something he can that would involve his best friend.

He clean up any data concerning Pete as he clearly didn't want any trace on him to the government but its not easy to clean every nook and cranny on his information. There might be some insight he might have miss which should grab the attention on the government.

Peter's a good and gentle friend Liam has to protect since he was innocent when it comes to the 'Dark' side of the world. He rather put him out of this organization than join it since he might had to face some dangerous foes and he didn't want to upset Aunt May and Uncle Ben for dragging Peter into this.

He might have the powers but when it comes to the messy place on the 'Darkness' of the world, he rather put a bullet on Kingpin's organization than put Peter in a dangerous place.

Let him keep his heroic fame than get him outright killed, Liam wants to protect his friend's innocence of the world than drag him into it. Which is why he gazes Fury in a dangerous glare, putting on a killing intent as he smiles at how cute Liam's bloodlust was which was a bit too weak compared to the shit he use to deal in the past.

"That spiderman on Queen's is the least of my concern since I can tell that he's a bit too green for this kind of dirty job."

"Good." Liam sighed as he can tell that he better back off from trying to recruit peter before he can puncture a hole to the government's security and post every data inside on social media.

Knowing that he can at least trust this person, Liam smiles as it was enough to join this organization than he expects it to be.

"As for your recruitment Mr. Fury, I decline." But he didn't want to join on an organization that has a 'smelly' feeling on his gut which Fury could sense that there was something Liam was trying to say to him.

He eats up the last of his fries before standing up as he said a few words towards Fury, hoping that he could pick up on his intentions.

"[There might be some dirt] on my clothes and Auntie might get mad at me. Thank you for the talk but I need to head home now. See ya Sir." Liam walks out on the building which there was only two of them inside. Liam knew that this talk was kept in secret but he can tell that there was something fishy going on that even this Fury guy couldn't tell.

He hope that...

"............." Fury looks down on the container which Liam's fries were on as his eyes squinted a bit without changing his expression.

He can tell that the last bit Liam said to him was something concerning as he can see on the ketchup which might look messy to see at the surface but Fury could tell that Liam had a hidden message left to him before leaving.

[Rat]

'I can tell that the kid trust me but he feels like he doesn't trust the people inside the organization. Which is why he declined my invitation.'

'Yeah, I might have to do a bit of digging before I can try to recruit him again.' Fury gave a slight chuckle as its a bit too much for the kid to give out a hidden message even when they are at a secure location but he can tell that Liam prioritize safety above all, considering his cautiousness was at a point that he felt like Fury's organization was a bit suspicious even when backed by the government.

17