Chapter 39: Big Brother is so cool
413 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex had once just arrived at the new orphanage that just recently opened up and all five of them were brought inside which would become their new home as of this moment.

The manager of this orphanage was a young woman called Vanessa and she would become their new caretaker which the five became quite attach due to how kind and attentive she was at the orphaned children.

At first, she had a hard time adapting to taking care of kids, knowing that she was newly inexperience in taking care off young children. Some kids would run around, some would get into trouble. She would even feel burden at how the difference where when she first took care of Liam who was independent already at that time while these kids were rowdy and undisciplined.

There were even a dispute with some children which Alex was defending his younger sibling against a group of kids who were bullying them because they were orphans with no parents.

Alex had faught with the kids which he had barely won. But when one of the kids calls out on his big brother to beat Alex up...

"Dude. You can't just join in some kids fight when your already that old to pick a fight with some brats. If you want to fight, how about a spar with me?"

A young man showed up and patted Alex's head as Liam smiled and defended him against the big brother who had beaten his younger brother.

And it was the first time in Alex's Life, someone he can rely on as Liam was like a dependable big brother who he can count on.

After chasing both siblings, Liam and the children went back inside the orphanage, having to meet Vanessa and started to introduce Liam to the kids.

At Liam's arrival, Vanessa introduce to him as an orphaned big brother who she told that this person was her boyfriend's adopted child. Then, Liam smiled as he handed gifts to the children and enjoyed playing with them till it was late and he needed to head home to study and get his driver's license.

Alex began to idolize Liam as he was like a cool big brother to them which he began to follow him around, asking if he could teach him those moves he did when he had beaten that big brother from last time.

"I know that fighting is wrong but there are times were a man needs to learn on how to defend himself. Just promise me that when you use this techniques, only use them when you need to. Alright?" Liam considers the circumstances when he teaches these kids to fight. He felt like training these kids wasn't all that bad but he knew that it would go the wrong way if he didn't handle his teachings well and had to discipline himself that these kids would not go the wrong way.

'I don't want these kids to end up like me and Wade. Our lives weren't the best but I shouldn't try to drag these kids into ours. Just living a normal life while having these skills is enough for them.' This was Liam's thoughts as he might be living in a normal life right now but there are still scars left inside him which don't heal as much as the wounds did but he promises himself that he didn't want to drag these kids with them and let them live a normal life instead.

While teaching them, Liam was surprised that Alex was quite talented in martial arts. Feeling like his potential could match up with Wade, he felt a bit jealous of his talents but shook his head since he people are born with unique traits inside them. Just like he can compare himself to Tony's intelligence, he can see that Alex has his own potential which should bloom when it needs to be.

Just like at this moment.

******

"Big Brother is so cool..." Alex watch in amazement as the panic slowly began to stop, some turning their heads at the spectacle they were witnessing right now.

"Dammit kid! Why! Won't! You! Sit! Still!!" The man continues to swing his whips around as Liam dodges every strike to near perfection as his movements were simply weaving left and right, just barely enough to not be hit by the attacks the man was doing.

Liam had already stored his movements in his mind, seeing that his attacks might be wild but not as unpredictable as Wade madly swinging his blades at him. Easily not wasting any energy to dodge his attacks.

He might not be talented in martial arts but he compensates with that lack of talent with sheer willpower and his massive brain to calculate his opponent's moves and studying the pattern to each of his attacks to near perfection.

'Tilt head at just right angle.'

'Move back to avoid the incoming strike.'

'Use the momentum to your advantage and press forward to avoid the second strike.'

"Jesus. What the hell is that kid doing?" A man replied at the stand, watching Liam easily dodging the whips which even just a single blow could end his life.

Yet as the people watching this, it feels like it was more of a performance as the russian man was feeling even more irritated at the fact that none of his attacks were hitting him.

"Give it up kid! Don't stand in my way!" He didn't have enough time since he knows that the more time this kid delays him, it would be too late for him to kill Stark.

But Liam didn't move and continue to stare at him with pure focus, he knew that his opponent was smart and he was just delaying him as he smiled.

"I thought paid actors were supposed to entertain the guest and not talk back to them. I already paid for the services so I should use my money's worth."

"Paid Actor?" The man chuckles. "What's to say that this performance was entertaining to you?" He spoke in a sinister grin.

"Well, there's people screaming. The cops scared shitless. If I have to guess, it would be the time-" Liam sounded convince of something.

"That the main characters would arrive to steal the spotlight." There, after finishing his words, a sound of charging could be heard before a blast was shot and aimed precisely at the man's chest, where the arc reactor was located. Flying in his steel suit of armor, Tony had arrived back at the battlefield which Liam didn't expect that the first to arrived would be the main target of this assassination.

[Thanks for the save out there kid. Now I owe you 3 lives.]

Inside his suit, he didn't expect that this kid could buy him enough time to grab his gear in the car and put on his Iron Man suit. He felt like Liam was like a guardian angel his parents had sent him which he can't help but feel upset yet still thankful for saving him, time and time again.

"If I get one more, do I get a prize?" Liam joked as he could now relax as he finally could hear Vanessa's scream from afar as he knew that he really messed up big time, trying to get himself killed after being scolded by her last time.

[Sir, would giving him that Lamborghini you got on your birthday would suffice as a reward for Young Liam?]

"Not now Jarvis. I don't think that kid would like a car. Plus, I was thinking of gifting him 'that' instead of a car." Tony chuckles before turning on his attention back at the russian man who began to stand up, infuriated as he glares at Tony with hatred.

"Your family will pay!" The man tried to stand back again but due to the tiredness and the bleeding sustained from being shot by Liam, Tony had easily subdues the man as the crowd cheers, finally the chaos begins to subside.

Meanwhile...

"I think I'm a bit late to the party...." Peter with his spiderman suit finally arrived back yet the moment he had finally arrived, it was already over before he knew it. While he was a but upset that he didn't do his heroic moment, he was still glad that no one was hurt during the attack.

And so, the event was over.

14