Chapter 010 : Nangong Iren
133 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the meeting with his former colleague ended, Iren did not immediately return home. He wandered around to see other places. Places where he might be able to find a decent place to live. He just returned home around six in the afternoon.

At that time, Yihshyong had just arrived home. They did not immediately enter the house but chatted briefly with the neighbor from next door. From that person, Iren and Yihshyong knew that yesterday there was a package for them. Not long after the conversation with the neighbor, their two friends, Shinnshiow and Jenqyih, arrived home. The four of them entered the house together. Except for Shinnshiow, who walked straight to the kitchen, the three of them sat on the sofa in the living room.

"You look dazzling this afternoon?" Yihshyong patted Jenqyih's back. "Is there anything out of the ordinary that I need to know about?"

"It's just Shyongge's feelings," said Jenqyih. "Nothing special happened."

"Is that true?" Yihshyong looked at him suspiciously. "Iren, what do you think?"

After watching Jenqyih's face for about thirty seconds, Iren nodded. "Shyongge is right! Something has happened!"

"Nothing," said Jenqyih. "Today everything I experienced was relatively the same as other days. Not a single piece of surprise happened to me."

Iren didn't believe Jenqyih's confession at all. The facial expression that Jenqyih showed, there must be a reason.

"If you don't believe me, just ask Shinnshiow," Jenqyih said.

"Shinnshiow!" Iren shouted in a loud voice. "You arrived home at the same time as Yihge. Did you see anything earlier?"

Shinnshiow hurriedly ran into the living room. He appeared with a slightly annoyed face. "What's wrong? Renge, I was in the bathroom!"

Iren immediately pointed at Jenqyih with his index finger. Shinnshiow tilted his head. Apparently, he didn't understand what Iren meant.

"Our Jenqyih seems very cheerful. Don't you think you know what caused it?" Yihshyong smiled widely.

Shinnshiow shook his head. His eyes were spinning. He seemed to be trying hard to remember something.

"Just blurt it," Iren urged.

"Ah!" Finally, Shinnshiow let out a loud enough exclamation. "Maybe because of the girl."

"What girl?" Iren leaned towards Shinnshiow. The few words that came out of his best friend's mouth had piqued his curiosity.

"Earlier, in front of this complex, we met a girl. She was carrying a lot of things. Then a little boy ran and hit the girl."

"Then the things fell off?" guess Yihshyong. His face also looks curious.

Shinnshiow nodded. "That's right! Everything was scattered on the sidewalk. Yihge and I helped the girl collect her scattered things." He explained while moving his hands here and there.

"This is just incredible news!" Iren laughed loudly. He gave a thumbs up and patted Shinnshiow on the back. "Then what happened next?"

"Nothing. The girl continued on her way to nowhere, while we headed straight home."

Yihshyong gaped at Shinnshiow and Jenqyih. "You didn't ask the girl anything?" He asked in a tone of disbelief.

"Ask about what?" Shinnshiow turned to look confusedly at Yihshyong.

"Are you crazy?" Iren became impatient. "Of course asking where her house is, what her phone number is, why she's walking alone. Stuff like that!"

Isn't that too vulgar? Shinnshiow scratched his head. "She might even get scared."

"I don't think it's vulgar at all," Yihshyong said. "It all depends on how you ask."

"Would Shyongge do something like that if Shyongge was the one who met that girl earlier?" asked Shinnshiow.

"Of course not?" Yihshyong replied as fast as lightning.

"But didn't Shyongge just say it wasn't vulgar?"

"Shyongge's looks and appearance are not at all suitable for doing such things," Iren preceded Yihshyong to answer the question. He then pointed at Shinnshiow and Jenqyih. "But actions like that match your looks so well!"

Yihshyong burst out laughing while Jenqyih glared at Iren. The calmer Shinnshiow just grinned.

Iren hasn't stopped talking. He immediately continued his words. "And even if you still think it's too vulgar for you to do, then you might act worried when you see the girl alone. It's a way of getting further opportunities. For example, the chance to take the girl home. You could have told her it's a bit unsafe here lately."

"Actually, I did think that way." Jenqyih finally said something. He finally admitted that something had happened on the way back home. "But Shinnshiow asked me to hurry home instead."

"That's because I needed to pee," said Shinnshiow. "Besides, Yihge doesn't show any signs of wanting to linger in the middle of the road either."

"That's not what I had in mind," Jenqyih said. "It all happened so fast. So by the time I finished thinking, the girl was already moving away from us."

"Hah! You guys really suck!" Iren said resentfully. "You are really hopeless!"

"Then why is our Jenqyih acting like this?" Yihshyong looked at Jenqyih with a questioning look.

"Maybe because that girl was laughing all the time when she saw Yihge," said Shinnshiow.

"Is that all? She did nothing else?" Iren patted his forehead. That ridiculous fact made him a little irritated. Everyone would definitely think that such a thing was not fun at all. Iren was absolutely sure of that.

"Doesn't that mean I'm pretty decent in that girl's eyes?" There was a note of pride in Jenqyih's voice.

"Pretty good in what way?" Yihshyong laughed loudly. His eyes narrowed.

"She laughed when he saw me, didn't it mean she thought I'm quite qualified?"

"What do you mean by quite qualified? Maybe today's scorching heat has made your brain short circuit." Iren also laughed.

"But she smiled and laughed at me!" Jenqyih insisted.

"A girl's smile and laugh can have many meanings." Yihshyong explained.

"Right!" Iren added. "A girl will laugh when she sees a strange boy who looks stupid and tacky. She will also laugh when she sees an ugly man who is like a big frog jumping in the fields!"

Jenqyih glared at Iren's answer. He stood up and was about to put his hands on Iren's neck.

"Stop it! Enough! No need to continue," said Yihshyong. "We were just joking. Maybe you're right. The girl might find you so unique. But next time you should ask her. At least you should know her name."

1