Chapter 059 : Beeihae Shinnshiow
133 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though the traffic was normal, the journey felt like forever. Shinnshiow repeatedly rubbed his forehead. The air temperature was not that hot, but since earlier, his forehead was sweating continuously. He glanced at Jenqyih. His friend looked calm. It was as if they had no problem at all.

"Don't act like that. You look like a panicked person!" Jenqyih whispered while still looking ahead.

Hearing Jenqyih's words, Shinnshiow couldn't help but be silent. He really didn't know how to act. He glanced at Jenqyih. His friend was pinching the tip of his nose. Usually, he did that when he was running out of ideas.

Hopefully, Yihge will quickly come up with a new idea that can get us out of this dire situation.

"Three stops from here. I want you to get off this bus." Jenqyih finally said something after playing with his nose for a while.

"You mean I have to get off the bus alone while you stay here?" Shinnshiow still didn't really understand Jenqyih's instructions.

"Yes! I want to know the reaction of the people following us. There are still two people following in our footsteps. One person is the one directly following us. The other person is the one who is shadowing that person. I'm inquisitive. Who will they follow between the two of us?"

"Then what should I do after that?"

"Later, after getting off the bus, you look for a shop or restaurant. You go inside that place. If you can, look for a rather large restaurant to see more clearly if someone is following you. You have to be there for at least ten minutes. When you are absolutely sure that no one is following you, please, immediately look for a public telephone box to call people in our house. Tell them briefly about what we have experienced. Don't forget to ask them to be alert. The people following us may be only a part of the people who have been watching us. There could still be some people from their gang guarding near our house."

Why did the problem turn out to be this complicated?

Jenqyih's words sounded a little scary. Watching Jenqyih's response to this incident, Shinnshiow felt it was not the first time Jenqyih had faced such things. Indeed, if he thought about it, Shinnshiow knew little about Jenqyih. It's safe to say they've only known each other for a year. The only thing that connected them was Shannchyuan. Shinnshiow was Shannchyuan's friend. He had known Shannchyuan for a long time. But maybe before Shinnshiow got to know Shannchyuan, Jenqyih and Shannchyuan were already friends. They had known each other for a long time. What couldn't be denied was the fact that Shinnshiow and Jenqyih were two strangers who had only been living under the same roof for a year. So it was only natural that there were many things they didn't understand about each other.

The age difference between Shinnshiow and Shannchyuan was indeed quite significant. Ever since Chioujen moved to another city six months ago, Shinnshiow had become the youngest person in their group. As the youngest person, he listened more than actively spoke in everyday conversation. Besides, of course, because Shinnshiow was a quiet person by nature. Respecting elders was their tradition. Shinnshiow believed that even differences of opinion must be handled in an appropriate manner.

"Okay." Shinnshiow nodded. Then they waited until the bus arrived at the stop that Jenqyih meant.

"Wait a minute, there's something else!" Suddenly Jenqyih said again. This time, he didn't whisper.

"What's wrong? Has there been a change of plans?" Shinnshiow couldn't hide his surprise.

"Now that I think about it. You'd better take this backpack," Jenqyih pointed to the backpack he had been carrying. "This backpack I carry is a little heavier than the one you carry. But its contents are even less important than the backpack you are carrying."

Shinnshiow couldn't pretend to understand what Jenqyih was saying. Luckily, Jenqyih seemed to understand that.

"What I mean is, after you get off at the bus stop, you immediately go to the nearest train station. Whether you want to take an elevated train or a subway station, it's up to you. You go straight to the luggage storage locker section when you get there. I mean the usual storage lockers that are available at all those stations. The maximum time for storing goods is only two weeks. You put this backpack there for only three days.."

"Then?"

"After that, you put your original plan into action. Go to a restaurant that isn't too small, then look for a payphone to call people back home. Without a backpack, you'd be a lot more nimble."

Shinnshiow nodded. But that doesn't mean that he understands one hundred percent.

"If they could somehow break into the locker where you left this duffel bag, then they wouldn't find anything because the contents of this duffel bag are just unimportant things."

"What if they keep following me? Should I keep calling home while I'm still under their watch?"

"If they're still watching you after more than ten minutes you're in that tavern or diner, then you continue to sit there for another thirty to forty minutes. If they still insist on following you, well, let them be. Don't try to run away. I'm afraid they might even suspect that you are aware of their presence. Avoid spaces that are not crowded, so they have a chance to ambush you. After that, you go straight to the station. Call our friends at home from there. Then, hurry home by train. Stuff in the locker, we'll pick up another day."

"What about you?" asked Shinnshiow.

"I'll get off at the last stop. Just like you, I'll head to the train station. From there, I'll also call our friends at home. Then I'll take the train home. So we'll meet at home."

"All right," Shinnshiow replied steadfastly. They swap backpacks quickly and without attracting attention.

1