Chapter 067 : Duanmuh Shannchyuan
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Without prompting, Yinqyueh stepped forward to help Shannchyuan move the pot aside. The pot is heavy, but not as heavy as it looks. Shannchyuan and Yinqyueh then managed to move the pot about sixty centimeters from its original position. The surface under the pot turned out to be covered with a layer of wood, a kind of plywood. Shannchyuan then tried to lift the plywood board to reveal the surface behind it. The plywood board was about half a meter by half a meter. Its position was right at the corner between the left wall and the back wall. Yinqyueh helped Shannchyuan to lift the plywood board.

It turned out that behind the plywood board, there was another pedestal. The base was a piece of cloth that was like a tarpaulin. However, unlike tarpaulins, which were easily weathered when exposed to water, this cloth seemed to be water-resistant. At least that's what Shannchyuan thought when he first saw it. The fabric placed under the pot will often be submerged in water, but this cloth still looked good, even though it looked dull, shabby, and dirty. Shannchyuan then tried to remove the fabric, which was very similar in texture to the tarpaulin. Under the tarpaulin-like cloth, a hole was covered by a circular iron plate.

"Is this a hole leading to some kind of sewer?" Yinqyueh widened her eyes, watching the hole.

"What do you think this hole is?" Shannchyuan asked back.

Yinqyueh just shook her head. Her eyes widened in a question mark.

"A few months ago, we tried to get into this hole. After descending about thirty meters, this hole led to a corner of a fairly large room. About ten by ten meters. The location of the room was behind this wall. ."

"So the basement is under the backyard of the house behind this wall?"

"Not the backyard that's directly behind this wall, but the house next to it. We don't know what the cellar is for. But I think it could at least serve as a temporary hiding place."

"Isn't it dangerous to hide down there?" Yinqyueh's tone was full of doubt.

"The walls and roof of the room below look pretty solid. Of course, we've never tried to spend the night there. We only went in and had a look for a few minutes."

"What about the air vents down there?"

"As long as we were down there, we didn't feel suffocated or anything like that. Maybe besides this inlet, there's another ventilation duct that connects the room down there with the other rooms. But we haven't had time to thoroughly examine everything."

"So we're going to hide here? Are you sure it's really safe down there?" Yingyue launched out those words with a tone full of doubts.

"This is only a last resort. We'll only go in there if we don't have time to get to a safe place in a short time. As for whether it's really safe down there, I'm not sure myself either. As I explained earlier that when we It's downstairs, we don't feel a lack of oxygen. So there might be another way out. If our suspicions are correct that this house is being watched, then we have to figure out how to leave this house unnoticed."

The kitchen door opened. They saw Iren coming out from behind the door. He walked straight towards the two of them. The look on his face was outlandish.

"Are we going to hide in this dungeon?" Iren repeated the question Yinqyueh had just asked.

Shannchyuan sighed. "That's not it. I'm just explaining the worst that could happen. This is only one of several plausible options. I also hope we don't have to hide underground." Shannchyuan stopped talking. He looked at Iren and Yinqyueh. "I think we should all go inside for now."

1