Chapter 070 : Jongharng Chioujen
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chioujen once again looked around him. The shops in that place were very diverse. This section of the road appeared to be the commercial center of that area. Chioujen racked his brains to find similarities between Shinnshiow and Jenqyih as a starting point he could use to track down the two people's whereabouts. Then Chioujen remembered that Shinnshiow really liked to cook, while Jenqyih really liked to eat. So the similarity between them was food. Maybe this time, they stopped by a restaurant that was here.

Of course, Chioujen realized such thoughts were completely unfounded. Maybe they had eaten before they left, so why eat again now? Moreover, it is not yet night. Even if it was confirmed that the two of them had stopped by the restaurant, Chioujen couldn't possibly know which restaurant they were at either. There were many restaurants on this road.

Now, where should I go? Uh? What kind of food do they sell there?

Thinking of the food, Chioujen felt hungry. Even though he had lunch earlier, he had just run so fast that his energy was drained. He walked on to see which restaurant he should go to. Quickly, Chioujen had to satisfy the hunger that was whacking him. After walking for a few minutes, he finally entered a restaurant that didn't seem to be very crowded. According to his calculations, a restaurant filled with customers must have very busy employees, so it was likely that the food ordered would take longer to arrive at the customer's table.

Only waiting five minutes, the waiter had served the food in front of him. Chioujen ate voraciously. While he was eating, he tried his best to forget everything. Focus only on the food he is eating. After knowing Shannchyuan for so long, to some extent, he felt Shannchyuan's philosophy had influenced him. Shannchyuan so highly values food. For Shannchyuan, daily eating, which to others was a trivial matter, had almost become a matter of ritual.

The food that Chioujen ate was really delicious. Chioujen didn't know what food it was. He had never eaten such a dish. Earlier, he just ordered any food he saw on the menu. In a menu sheet the waiter handed to him, the food was also written in a larger size and bold font, apart from being at the top. Throughout its history, the big city has received a lot of immigrants. People who came from different parts of their new world brought their own cooking style. They took part in coloring the city's culinary culture. It was one thing Shannchyuan and Chioujen liked about the city.

After eating, he decided to just sit there. This restaurant wasn't crowded, so it was fine if he stayed there for a long time. At least, a little longer than usual. Chioujen took out the small notebook he always carried with him. He decided to write down in detail the things he had experienced during the past two days. If he doesn't write down these things, usually there are always things he forgets. It was impossible for him to forget the main things, but the small things, usually after a few days, quickly disappeared from memory.

How about those two? Is it time I give up on looking for them?

Unconsciously, Chioujen had been in the restaurant long enough. He wrote interspersed with daydreaming. Sometimes Chioujen felt that Shannchyuan really had a significant impact on him. He even had the habit of daydreaming like Shannchyuan. Chioujen didn't know if that was a good thing or not. One thing he was sure of, Shannchyuan's influence was natural. Everyone, consciously or not, would definitely influence each other. More dominant people would leave a larger footprint of influence.

Finally, Chioujen felt it was time for him to leave that place. His next destination was the flyover station, which he had only seen before. Chioujen also had no plans after arriving at the station platform. He really didn't know what to do there. Chioujen shook his head several times. He laughed to himself. Doing something without such careful planning was Shannchyuan's style. It seemed that everyone in their group had been affected by that style.

The sun was already sliding below the horizon. Chioujen walked along the sidewalk in that section of the street. He sauntered. Not rushed at all. While walking past a small alley at the end of the road, he suddenly heard a loud noise from inside the alley. It was like the sound of a tin barrel being hit by a wooden block. After that, he heard the sound of people screaming. The alley was so dark, Chioujen couldn't see clearly. It sounded like someone was fighting in the alley.

Chioujen didn't want to interfere. For a moment, he was worried. He knew he had to admit that some crime might be going on there. There was a chance someone in there needed help. But he also couldn't deny the possibility that he could get hurt if he was too rash and interfered in the matter. For a moment, there was a terrible inner conflict in Chioujen's mind.

Is it a big sin if I just keep quiet?

1