Chapter 071 : Jongharng Chioujen
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly, there was the sound of approaching footsteps. Chioujen looked around him. The road wasn't tranquil, but the only person who stopped when they heard a voice coming from inside the alley was only him. Without thinking, he immediately walked a few steps forward and directly entered a cake shop which was right next to the mouth of the alley. The front of the shop was made of glass so Chioujen could see out from inside the shop.

Just as Chioujen was inside, he immediately turned around. This time, he could clearly see the street outside. He saw a figure passing in front of the shop. When Chioujen entered the shop earlier, that person wasn't behind him, so he must have come from the alley earlier. Chioujen held his breath. That person was one of some people who followed Shinnshiow and Jenqyih. The man's hand gripped his stomach. Looked like he was hurt. Chioujen didn't know how badly injured that person was. However, he was still able to move quickly, so it seemed he could still seek help on his own.

For a while, Chioujen was still inside the shop. He couldn't decide whether to follow the person who had just passed or enter the alley to check the place out. Chioujen was worried about his friends. He had to find them as soon as possible.

While he was still in doubt, another figure appeared from the left. Chioujen couldn't tell if this figure was from inside the alley earlier or if it was just someone who happened to be passing in front of the shop. That person was very tall. Taller than Jenqyih. According to Chioujen's estimation, he was in his mid-fifties. He was wearing an expensive-looking suit. Chioujen didn't know how much it cost. What Chioujen knew was that the suit looked very luxurious. What stood out the most about him was the black hat he was wearing. The hat also looked very expensive.

Just like the person who looked injured earlier, that person walked towards the station. After waiting a few seconds, Chioujen came out of the shop. The tall man in the black hat walked about forty meters in front of Chioujen. Chioujen didn't dare to walk too close to that person because that person seemed very dangerous. He didn't stop at the train station but walked straight to the crossroads. Chioujen continued to follow the person. Because he was tall, that person's footsteps were longer than Chioujen's. Chioujen tried to go faster, but he had to keep the distance between himself and that person from getting any closer.

Arriving at the intersection, the person turned right. Chioujen guessed he was heading to the bus stop earlier. After the man arrived at the bus stop, from a distance came a bus. The man seemed to get closer to the edge of the bus stop, so it was clear that he was going to get on the bus. Chioujen quickened his pace. He didn't want to miss the bus. Once at the bus stop, Chioujen immediately got on the bus.

The person in the black hat sat at the front, two rows from the front, to be exact. He sat in the right lane, right next to the window. Calmness was something Chioujen had to pay attention to at that time. Chioujen tried not to stare at the person. He continued to walk to the back of the bus. Chioujen sat in the right row, two rows from the back. The bus route was the same as the bus he had taken earlier. The route was so long that it took quite a while to get to the last stop. Chioujen was grateful that he had eaten earlier, so he was prepared if he had to follow this person for a few hours.

The sky was dark. Even though there were lights on the bus, they were not as bright as the sun's light. Luckily, Chioujen's eyesight was still relatively good. He could still clearly see things that his friends couldn't. All he needed to do was concentrate fully so that he didn't lose track of the person he was following.

The bus kept going. Chioujen was feeling a bit bored. Part of him was afraid. The other part was curious. He also felt a little bored because he wanted to know immediately what would happen. When Chioujen was feeling sleepy, suddenly, the person in the black hat stood up. Looks like he would get off at the next stop. Chioujen also prepared to get off the vehicle. He stood up and headed straight for the exit at the back of the bus. He wanted to get off the bus before that person, so it wouldn't be too apparent that he was following him. Chioujen was fully aware that doing so might actually make that person aware of his presence, but at that moment, that was the only thing that crossed his mind.

1