Chapter 083 : Beeihae Shinnshiow
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yihshyong just laughed. "I know. I'm just looking for inspiration. Who knows, I might suddenly come up with such a good idea?"

"Maybe we should just ask our new landlord," said Shinnshiow.

"Ask about what?" Yihshyong chuckled.

"We'll ask if he knows about this room. Then if he knows about the doors on the west and east sides of this room. And most importantly, does he have the keys to these doors?" said Shinnshiow.

"Even if he knew and had the key. Do you think he would tell us?" Yihshyong sounded stifled laughter.

"I don't think so. Ha ha ha!" Shinnshiow laughed. He tried not to laugh too loudly. Although he was almost one hundred percent certain that his voice would not be heard all the way up, he still had to be careful.

Yihshyong still looked curious. He shone his flashlight at the door in front of him. The iron door had no handle. Although there is a small hole to insert the key. Yihshyong tried to look through the small circular hole in the door that had no handle.

"Can you see anything?" Shinnshiow approached Yihshyong from behind.

"I can't see anything. Everything is pitch black." Yihshyong straightened his back.

Shinnshiow walked towards the table in the center of the room. Then he sat down on one bench at the side of the table. The moment he touched the table's surface, he felt a chill in his palms. Shinnshiow rubbed the table's surface to make his palms feel slightly warm. It was then that he realized that the table's surface was not as smooth as he had previously thought. There were carvings on the surface of the table.

Shinnshiow aimed his flashlight at the carving. It turned out that there were carvings on the stone table. The carving was in the form of three horizontal lines. Each line was about twelve centimeters long. Shinnshiow then shifted to the other side of the table. He inched to the right. There were carvings there, too. Almost the same as before, there were also three lines. But the third line comprised two short horizontal lines about five centimeters long. There was a space of about two centimeters between the two horizontal lines. Shinnshiow then turned to the left side of the side where he was initially sitting. Here, Shinnshiow also found almost the same carving. Comprised three lines. The first line comprised two short horizontal lines, while the second and third lines each have a long horizontal line.

"What is it?" Yihshyong walked over to Shinnshiow.

"These engravings depict the shapes in the Hexagram!" Shinnshiow couldn't help but shout.

"Hexagrams?" Yihshyong's voice was like the shriek of a chick that had lost its mother. Apparently, he didn't understand what Shinnshiow meant.

"Right! As in Yihjing."

"Yihjing?" Yihshyong raised a hand to scratch his head. "Please explain in simpler language."

"Yihjing, the 'Book of Change,' the ancient book of fortune-telling!"

Yihshyong froze for a moment. He frowned.

"Remember yet?" Shinnshiow was so excited. To the point that he forgot that Yihshyong couldn't keep up with the pace of his thoughts. "It is one of the earliest scriptures in our ancient civilization. Initially, it was used to predict and describe the future."

"Ah! You mean that book!" Yihshyong finally remembered.

Shinnshiow knew Yihshyong was ignorant of ancient texts that date back to the time before The Great Migration. Let alone the ancient books written during the time of their ancestors still living in the old world, even Yihshyong apparently had never heard of most of the ancient books written by the people in their new world. After they lived together, Shannchyuan and Jenqyih, who were experts in history and ancient languages, often discussed these matters. They often had taught other friends about the ancient books that existed in the old world.

Yihshyong quickly stood next to Shinnshiow. He also checked the surface of the table. The two of them then checked the other sides. It turned out that there were Hexagram carvings on each side of the table. Yihshyong then ran towards the door on the east side. He shone on the door with his flashlight. On that occasion, he did so meticulously. Shinnshiow followed Yihshyong and stood to his right.

"Ah!" Yihshyong shouted.

1