Chapter 084 : Beeihae Shinnshiow
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shinnshiow pointed his flashlight at the part of the door that Yihshyong noticed. Yihshyong was observing the top of the door. The door leaf was relatively high, which was about three meters. At the top, there was an engraving as well. It was clear that the shape of the engraving was a combination of the eight basic shapes of the Hexagram. The Hexagram has eight basic shapes. Simple was the right word to describe these basic forms. The hexagram combination combined the two basic shapes for a total of sixty-four shapes. The shape on the surface of the door leaf in front of them was six rows, each row comprising a long horizontal line.

The two of them then ran to the west wall. They found a six-line engraving in the same position on the door leaf, each line comprising two short horizontal lines. The shape was the opposite of the shape on the door on the east wall.

They cheered like children who had just received a new toy. They then sat on the benches there. Shinnshiow guessed the symbols must have something to do with the way the doors were opened.

"Now, what should we do? Go to the surface to tell our friends?" Yihshyong said as he tapped his fingers on the surface of the stone table.

"Not now," said Shinnshiow. "Our findings don't change things. We still don't know how to open these doors. So let's hold off for a moment. Let's think about it here."

The two of them then sat pensively on the cold stone benches.

"Shyongge, the carving on the door is a combination of two basic shapes. But the basic shape used is the same. The carving on the door on the east is a combination of two basic hexagram shapes in the form of three long horizontal lines, while the carving on the door on the west is a combination of two basic shapes in the form of three pairs of short horizontal lines."

"Shiowdi, maybe the meaning of the symbol is the emphasis on the basic shape of the Hexagram. So, we should only focus on the shape of three long horizontal lines for the east door, and six short horizontal lines, or what you call three pairs of short horizontal lines, for the west door."

Uh? That is a good idea!

They then checked the side of the stone table in front of them once more. At that time, they checked much more thoroughly than before. Every inch of the table did not go unnoticed by them. Not only the table's surface, but they also check the legs and the bottom of the table. But so far, they have found nothing.

Shinnshiow sat back down on the cold bench. He twirled his flashlight so that its light flashed across the walls of the room.

"Stop it. The flashlight is so dazzling!" Yihshyong shouted.

Shinnshiow laughed. He stopped his action. "There must be something we've missed."

Yihshyong asked, "when are we going back to the surface?"

Shinnshiow didn't answer. He got up and walked back to the door on the east side. Then he turned and approached the door on the west side.

"The Hexagram engraved on the top of the door is a combination of the two basic shapes. There are eight basic shapes. The combination of the two basic shapes results in sixty-four Hexagram shapes."

Yihshyong just stared at Shinnshiow. Shinnshiow felt Yihshyong was only listening to the words he had just spoken. It was clear that Yihshyong had no idea whatsoever. Maybe later, after breakfast, he can think more clearly, so Shinnshiow can invite him to discuss. But that's not a guarantee. Most likely, Yihshyong still didn't know what to say.

"According to Shyongge, why were those Hexagram combination were used, not others Hexagram combination?" Even though he knew Yihshyong could not answer, Shinnshiow kept asking.

1