Chapter 103 : Jongharng Chioujen
163 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chioujen's fingertips touched the part between the base of the small cone and the top of the cylinder. He felt there was a tiny gap there. The conical top turned out to be not a part that connected to the cylinder below. Chioujen tried to rotate the top of the cylinder, the conical part. He moved his fingers like turning a bottle cap when he was about to open a bottle. At first, it rotated in a counterclockwise direction. The conical part didn't move at all. Then Chioujen rotated in the opposite direction, i.e., clockwise. This time, he moved the cone part. After turning the object roughly ninety degrees,, there was a "click." After that, Chioujen couldn't move it any further. He tried to turn in the opposite direction. That time, after turning the thing to its original position, it could still rotate even further. Chioujen couldn't explain it. Until finally, after turning about one hundred and eighty degrees from the position of the "click" he had heard earlier, he couldn't turn the object any further. However, Chioujen could hear another "click" sound. So there were two "clicks" that he heard.

Chioujen cheered with joy. Turned out the secret was to turn the conical part clockwise by ninety degrees. After that, people just had to turn the thing in the opposite direction by approximately one hundred and eighty degrees.

Whoever designed these things, that person must have a love for puzzles and mysterious things.

Chioujen thought back to Songfei. He really hoped that nothing terrible happened to the young man.

The designer of these tools must be very suitable for conversing with Songfei. They can spend hours talking just to discuss just one thing!

Suddenly, there was a rumbling sound. But the rumbling sound was meager volume. It was like a rumbling sound from a distance. Surprisingly, the wall to the left of the dressing table was suddenly pushed inward. The wall pushed back created a niche in the wall. There was only an ordinary wall on the left side of the alcove. But, there was a hole in the wall on the right. It turned out that the exit from the room was in one corner of the room, right next to the dressing table made of high-quality wood. Wasting no time, Chioujen immediately entered the hole in the wall to the right of the alcove. It turned out to be the beginning of a passage.

Just like before, before exploring the passage, Chioujen first checked the entrance. He must know how to open and close the entrance from the inside. He illuminated the entire surface of the wall that was there. A metal candle holder hung on the passage's wall. There were no candles there anymore, only the candleholder. The position of the candle holder was tilted. So it's like shifting about fifteen degrees to the left. Chioujen grabbed the candle holder and tried to straighten it again. There was a slow rumbling sound like before. The wall of the niche then moved forward, and the niche disappeared. Chioujen pulled the candleholder to the side again so that it was tilted like before. A slow rumbling sound followed by the wall going in and forming an alcove.

"Ah!" Chioujen commented curtly. Now he didn't have to worry anymore about continuing his exploration. Cautiously, Chioujen walked through the passage. The passage was quite wide, about two meters. The height was about three meters. So people could walk in it freely. People who were not tall could even jump up and down when they were happy. But Chioujen didn't try that. His body was quite tall, so there was a possibility that if he jumped high enough, his head could hit the ceiling of the hall. Banging head against the hallway ceiling wasn't such a good idea. Especially when he was alone like that.

Since coming out of the toilet, Chioujen had actually lost his way. The many twists and turns he went through had made him not know where he was now. Even Chioujen didn't know how far he was from the subway station, the place where he started his underground journey. Not only that. Chioujen didn't know how deep he was from the ground. The path along the passage was sometimes downhill, sometimes uphill. That fact made Chioujen even more unable to estimate the depth of the passage from ground level.

1