Chapter 106 : Beeihae Shinnshiow
146 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Shinnshiow and Yinqyueh were preparing to rise to the surface, the people above said that they were ready to grasp the ends of the ropes they were holding. Swiftly and dexterously, but still, with measured speed, Yinqyueh stepped on the iron rods one by one until she finally arrived at the top. That girl was very agile. What she had just witnessed didn't seem to affect her ability to move. When it was Shinnshiow's turn, he also tried hard to move much faster than before. Therefore, he had set foot on the ground in their backyard in a relatively short time.

Shinnshiow repeated Shannchyuan's message about two people having to go down the pit. Jenqyih and Yihshyong nodded. They said they were ready. Their faces, though they looked tired, were still very excited.

After that, Iren and Shinnshiow helped Jenqyih and Yihshyong down into the hole. Jenqyih went down first. After that, they took down two Kerosene Pressure Lanterns. It turned out that Yihshyong's previous words were true. Of the five lamps they had, only two still contained sufficient amounts of kerosene. Lowering the two lights took a little longer. Finally, it was Yihshyong's turn to go down into the hole. He carried basic supplies such as drinking water and a first aid kit.

As they had agreed, Iren stood guard at the side of the hole. Shinnshiow went straight into the house. Immediately, Yinqyueh followed Shinnshiow. They then sat in the dining room. The girl seemed to be unsure of what to do. Seeing the confused Yinqyueh, Shinnshiow was also confused at first.

"You'd better get some more sleep," said Shinnshiow.

I think Dahge would say this too.

"It's already morning," Yinqyueh protested. "I definitely can't sleep anymore."

"Then how about you take a shower first? After that, you can help me make breakfast." Shinnshiow smiled.

"Take a bath now?" Yinqyueh looked at Shinnshiow with a strange look. It seemed the girl could hardly believe that Shinnshiow had just suggested such a thing.

Even though it was morning, the sky was still dark. The people in the city had a habit of bathing only once a day. Even though some take a shower in the morning before they start their daily activities, most of them choose to take a shower when they return home. The customs were similar to those of the people in Tianjing and the surrounding areas. It's actually a strange phenomenon. The gigantic city where they live was on the equator. Apart from the air temperature being quite hot, the humidity was also relatively high. Bathing twice a day should make a lot more sense.

Yeuandong, the hometown of Shinnshiow and the other friends who live in the house, was also on the equator. The temperature and humidity were more or less the same as the temperature and humidity in the city where they now resided. Therefore, they did not feel a significant difference when they just moved there. The prevailing custom in Yeuandong was to take a bath twice a day. Morning and evening. Before starting activities, and after returning home after sunset. Indeed, not everyone did exactly that. Some people bathe three times a day. That's not to say that no one showers only once a day. However, their number was very few.

"Oh, sorry!" Shinnshiow realized that Yinqyueh might have different habits from them. "Where we come from, we usually take a shower every morning. Even in the countryside, many people shower in the morning when the sky is still dark." Yesterday, during their conversation, they had already told Yinqyueh they were from Yeuandong. Some people's customs in Yeuandong might seem strange to people from other places.

Yinqyueh smiled. "My mother is also from Yeuandong. Regarding the issue of taking a shower in the morning. I can understand because many of my relatives also have the habit. Taking a bath in the morning is not an unusual thing."

"Regarding that, perhaps you are right." Shinnshiow nodded. "Often, we only shower once a day. But it's not because we've adapted to the customs here. Even since we were still living in Yeuandong, we were one of those people who were so lazy to take a bath. So in Yeuandong, we just look weird." Shinnshiow laughed out loud.

Yinqyueh also laughed at Shinnshiow's words. "I also belong to the group of people who are lazy to take a shower. So often, I also only shower once a day. But usually, I choose to take a shower in the morning. But of course, after the day is a bit light. When the sun hasn't risen like this, it feels weird if I have to wet my whole body. Besides, the water must be freezing."

"Okay!" Shinnshiow could understand Yinqyueh's reasoning. "You don't want to take a shower now, and that's fine. You can sit in the living room watching television."

"Really? Is Shiowge serious?"

"Of course, I'm serious. But I suggest you take a shower now. Because later, after they've finished checking the passage down there, they'll all be showering. By then, the queue will be long. So while the bathroom is still empty, you use it first."

1