Chapter 108 : Shimen Yihshyong
135 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yihshyong, Jenqyih, and Shannchyuan were already standing right in front of the wide-open door of the underground passage. They put drinking water and first aid kits in one corner of the room. While they would bring the kerosene pressure lanterns into the underground passage. Yihshyong and Jenqyih, besides carrying flashlights, each carried a kerosene pressure lantern, while Shannchyuan only carried a flashlight.

"Are you ready?" The question slipped out of Shannchyuan's mouth just before they entered the passage.

Yihshyong and Jenqyih nodded quickly. Shannchyuan invited Jenqyih and Yihshyong to first step into the dark alley. After the three passed through the door, Shannchyuan locked the door from inside the passage.

"Eh?" Yihshyong exclaimed.

"I don't want anyone else going into the cellar under our backyard while we are exploring this passage."

Jenqyih and Yihshyong nodded.

I'm sure the person who had been wandering around in this passageway must have gone a long way. But there's nothing wrong with being more careful.

Wasting no time, the three walked down the dark passage deeper. Jenqyih walked in the front. Shannchyuan was in the middle, and Yihshyong was in the back. Slowly, they moved forward. A moment later, they came to a very sharp bend. The bend led to the right. Jenqyih carefully passed the bend. Shortly after disappearing behind the bend, Jenqyih reappeared in front of them.

"Nothing suspicious," said Jenqyih briefly.

How is it possible that Jenqyih could carefully examine the passage ahead in such a short time?

"Let's continue our journey." Shannchyuan smiled. He immediately stepped forward.

"Wait a minute!" Yihshyong said in a low voice.

"What is it?" Shannchyuan, once again, stopped walking.

"Look at that!" Yihshyong shone his flashlight at the wall of the hallway around the bend.

"Jenqyih! Let's stop here first." Shannchyuan's tone was unyielding. He also highlighted the wall there.

"What is it?" Jenqyih approached them.

"Didn't you see this earlier?" Yihshyong pointed at the hallway wall.

Jenqyih looked very surprised to see the strange writings on the wall. "Sorry, Dahge, I was too focused on the front. So I didn't pay attention to the walls of this hallway."

"It's okay," Shannchyuan said. "I didn't notice either. It's a good thing our Yihshyong this time is sharp-eyed."

The three of them noticed the scribbles on the wall. For Yihshyong, it was just doodles. But he was sure that Shannchyuan and Jenqyih must have had a different opinion.

"What do you think?" Shannchyuan was still shining his flashlight at the wall.

"I do not know." Jenqyih shook her head. "I've never seen anything like it."

"I know that you must be very eager to research this. But, this time, we have something else to do," Shannchyuan said.

Jenqyih nodded. "I understand."

"Let's continue our journey again." Shannchyuan gave the command.

They all passed from the bend. After that, they encountered a winding passage. Yihshyong, who was the last to walk, tried to estimate the distance they were then, from the underground room in their backyard.

"How far have we walked?" Yihshyong finally asked after his head heated because he wasn't sure of his own ability to make predictions.

"According to my calculations, we've walked about two hundred and fifty to three hundred meters since departing from the dungeon earlier. But because this passage is so winding, I don't really know how far this place is from that room." Jenqyih's voice sounded so sure.

Shannchyuan, who was walking behind Jenqyih, said nothing. The three of them continued walking with great vigilance.

"Stop!" Jenqyih suddenly shouted loudly. He stopped walking.

"What is it?" Yihshyong was worried that they would have to face an obstacle so quickly.

"The passage in front of us is a little wider than the one we've been through." Jenqyih's tone sounds a little different from before.

1