Chapter 117 : Shimen Yihshyong
144 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door wasn't locked. Shannchyuan opened the door cautiously. Yihshyong understood they had to try not to make a sound. After the door was fully opened, they instantly entered the door.

Behind the door was a passage. The room they came in was the one right at the end of the passage. On the right and left walls at the end of the passage, there were also doors.

"Apparently, there are three rooms at the end of this passage. In front, left, right," said Shannchyuan.

"In Dahge's opinion, do we need to check the other two rooms?" Yihshyong pointed at the two doors.

Shannchyuan nodded. "I'd love to see what's in those two rooms. But right now, that's not our priority. We'll do that another time." After saying that, Shannchyuan walked away from the doors.

Maybe we won't have another time. Soon we will have to move to another place.

Shannchyuan stopped walking. He turned when he realized that Yihshyong hadn't left the door from which they had left. "Let's continue our journey. What are you waiting for?"

"Dahge, we have to be careful. What if that person is around here?"

"I know. But we have to take the risk. This passage must lead to somewhere out there," said Shannchyuan. "So we tread carefully."

The two of them walked down the hall. After walking for a while, they came upon a very sharp turn. After going through the bend, they were flabbergasted. They saw a bright light ahead. At the same time, they both stopped in their tracks.

"I think we should be more careful now than before," Yihshyong whispered.

"You are right," Shannchyuan replied curtly. His whisper was no less soft than Yihshyong's.

They both continued their journey. This time, they were sneaking around. Carefully, try not to make any sound. Luckily, the footwear they were wearing was made of a material that didn't make a sound when they set foot on the floor.

They came to another passage. The passage was wider. And what was surprising was that the hallway was bright. There's an electric light there. Obviously, it was a hallway that people used to walk through. The passage they had just come in was a fork of that hallway. A branch that seemed to be rarely passed by people. The other branch was a narrow hallway located parallel to the passage from which they had come.

"Which one shall we check first?" Yihshyong asked.

"Let's see where this branch goes first," said Shannchyuan.

They then walked down the hallway. Not far from there, Yihshyong and Shannchyuan arrived at the entrance to the public toilet.

"Is this the restroom?" Yihshyong couldn't hide his surprise.

"So this is a public place," said Shannchyuan.

They then turned around. A moment later, the two had reached the end of the dark passage from which they had come. They continued walking down the wide, brightly lit hallway. The hallway was quite winding, but it wasn't long. In a moment, they had arrived at the end of the hall.

Shannchyuan and Yihshyong arrived at a bright place. They were a bit dazzled because they had been in a dark place for a long time, so their eyes had adapted to the darkness. It took some time for their eyes to see normally in a place that was bathed in light like that.

They were still confused about the place. Looked like it was morning. It was time to do daily activities for some people. Astonished, they continued to walk, looking left and right. Yihshyong found the place somewhat familiar. He looked at Shannchyuan's face. The Dahge also showed a facial expression that he usually showed when he realized something.

"That's the Shindongchaang warehouse where we left our stuff two days ago!" Yihshyong pointed his index finger at the large arch in front of them.

"You are right!" Shannchyuan looked around them. "We should have guessed it earlier."

It turned out that they were currently on the bottom floor of the closest subway station to their house!

 

1