Chapter 151 : Jongharng Chioujen
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chioujen sighed. What he had just experienced was not an experience that one might get easily in everyday life. Many people who live their whole life just run their daily routines without ever experiencing extraordinary things. From this point of view, Chioujen felt he was one of the lucky ones.

However, is this a good thing? I can’t answer such a question.

Chioujen blinked his eyes. He had come out of the hole in the roof of the small building on the roof of Dafeisy Tower. The sun was so blinding. After being in the dark rooms for a while, Chioujen’s eyes took a little while to adjust.

Hannrong was still there. The young man walked towards Chioujen with a relieved look on his face. He immediately crouched down to close the hole.

“I don’t think you need to lock it. I mean, just leave the padlock there. But don’t lock it yet. Maybe I’ll come down again after this.”

“But, Sir!” Hannrong seemed to be hesitating. He looked at Chioujen with a sharp gaze.

“That’s all right. There’s no way anyone would climb onto the roof of this building and then enter the chamber below.” Chioujen tried to convince Hannrong.

Finally Hannrong relented. He didn’t lock the padlock. He left the padlock after attaching it to the hook on the iron plate that closed the hole.

“Come on, let’s go down now!” Chioujen patted Hannrong’s shoulder.

Chioujen asked Hannrong to come down. Not only got down from the roof of the building that housed the lift service, but also got down to the ground floor of the building. Hannrong also didn’t lock the door where they had appeared on the roof of the building. So, Chioujen could easily go up to the roof and enter the secret booth behind the service lift.

Chioujen had been feeling thirsty all this time. Arriving at the bottom, he quickly headed to Hannrong’s study. After drinking a few glasses of water there, he felt refreshed. Chioujen then returned to the Managing Manager’s room. He stretched out the plan of the building again. His fingers played on the paper that contained the plan.

He wanted to return to the secret room again. But Chioujen realized he couldn’t just descend into the room. He must be well prepared. At least he had to bring something that he could use as a weapon if he suddenly met someone. Chioujen wasn’t sure that someone was hiding in one room down there, but it didn’t hurt to be on guard. Vigilance was very important.

The manager’s room was not too big. In one sweep, Chioujen could see the entire room. He found a wooden stick similar to a police baton in the shape of the letter T hanging on the wall of the room. It wasn’t the side-handle baton the police used when they were on patrol. It was the Tonfa, a traditional weapon commonly used in various martial arts. Although he felt strange about the existence of the weapon in that place, Chioujen had little time to think too far. He took it from the wall and tucked it around his waist.

Chioujen met Hannrong at the reception desk. Immediately after seeing Chioujen, Hannrong’s face looked worried. It was clear he had already guessed that Chioujen already had a plan that might get him into trouble.

“Don’t worry! I’m not telling you to go upstairs again.” Chioujen laughed out loud.

Hannrong also laughed after seeing Chioujen laugh.

“But don’t you want to go upstairs again now?” Hannrong pointed up with his index finger.

“Of course! But this time I will go alone. You just carry on with your duties here,” said Chioujen.

“You don’t plan to investigate the secret room until the evening, do you?” Hannrong’s face changed again.

“Of course not. I’m just continuing what I didn’t have time to finish. After that, I’ll be going home. So you don’t have to worry. You stay on guard here.”

Chioujen tried his best to calm Hannrong down. Although he himself wasn’t sure that this time he wouldn’t be in the dungeon for long.

Hope everything goes well. If something unexpected happens, I don’t know what kind of words to persuade Hannrong anymore!

“Yes, Sir!” Hannrong straightened up.

Chioujen left Hannrong to continue his duties at the reception desk. Right away, he headed for the elevator to go up to the twelfth floor. Chioujen realized that everything he did would most likely be directly reported by Hannrong to another party who might be Hannrong’s real superior. The party, which could be, was their enemy. But Chioujen didn’t really care. What he was currently investigating had little to do with the trouble Songfei was facing, or the people chasing the young girl who was with Shannchyuan.

1