Chapter 152 : Jongharng Chioujen
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chioujen moved swiftly towards the roof of Dafeisy Tower. Then he went straight to the building above the lift service location. Just as before, he went up to the top of the building and entered the chamber that was inside. Quickly, he began to move down the stairs in the room. Unlike the first time he explored this place, right now he wasn’t too tense. He was more relaxed, but moved faster. Chioujen couldn’t wait to get to the B4 floor to open the door quickly. It leading to another room on that floor. He didn’t know what he would find there. But at least this time, he was more prepared. He already had a Tonfa in his hand.

Finally, he arrived at the door in the chamber on the B4 floor. For a moment, he froze where he stood. A glimmer of doubt crossed his mind. But soon he pushed away the sense of unfounded doubt. Right now, he just wished that the door was unlocked so he could open it. Chioujen moved the flashlight from his right hand to his left. He stretched out his right hand. Slowly, his palm began to touch the door handle.

In a split second, the door handle was in Chioujen’s hand. Slowly, he tried to move the door handle. There was a distinctive sound of a door opening. Turned out the door wasn’t locked at all. Chioujen began to pull the door leaf. Little by little, the air from behind the door poured into the room where Chioujen was standing.

When the door was half open, again Chioujen stopped pulling the door. He took a deep breath. With a loud jolt, he pulled the door leaf, using his strength. The door was wide open. Chioujen stepped his right foot to the place behind the door.

Chioujen again moved the flashlight from his left hand to his right. He was currently on the B4 floor. He walked extra carefully. Apart from being dark, it was also because he didn’t know what he was going to face.

This B4 floor felt more stuffy. Maybe because there was almost no air circulation. Floors B1, B2 and B3 were actually stuffy too. However, because there was still little air exchange with the room above, the condition was not as stuffy as this B4 room. Every time he took a breath, Chioujen had to take a deep breath in order to be able to inhale a large amount of oxygen. Chioujen was not afraid of stuffy air or lack of oxygen. He was just worried that certain mushrooms would grow in damp and stuffy places that secrete a toxin that could make people hallucinate.

The layout of the B4 floor was almost the same as the B3 floor. Maybe the only difference was the space used for a backup power generator on the B3 floor. The other rooms were more or less the same. Chioujen tried to open the rooms on the B4 floor one by one.

Not unlike the rooms on the B3 floor, these rooms on the B4 floor were partially locked and some of the other rooms could easily be opened by Chioujen because they were not locked. Chioujen tried to turn on the lights in the rooms. But none of the lights he managed to turn on.

Floors B1, B2 and B3 receive electricity from the electrical substation outside the building, although currently the electricity has been turned off. This B4 floor clearly did not receive electricity from the substation. Chioujen didn’t know where this B4 floor got its electricity from. Probably entirely from the backup power generator on the B3 floor. Or maybe the B4 floor had its own power generator located in one room on the B4 floor.

About twenty minutes later, Chioujen arrived at the door of a room. He opened the door straight away. Just like the previous rooms, this room was also dark. The flashlight made him realize that this room was much bigger than some of the previous rooms on this floor that he had previously entered. What surprised Chioujen even more was that he saw that there were stairs there. Chioujen approached the stairs. The stairs connect the room with another room on the B3 floor. Chioujen remembered that earlier he had tried to enter a locked room on the B3 floor. He failed to enter the room because, among the ring of keys he carried, there was no key to the room. According to Chioujen’s estimation, the room was right above this room.

Apart from that, there was one other thing that made Chioujen’s eyebrows rise. The stairs in front of him were not just stairs going up. But also stairs to go down to the floor below. The stairs connected the room to another room below the B4 floor.

So there’s another floor under the B4 floor? This is amazing. Does Songfei know about this? If not, he would definitely be very excited if I told him about this bizarre fact.

Chioujen laughed alone as he imagined the look on Songfei’s face. The young man’s fondness for things involving puzzles and mysteries was a bit beyond normal. However, Chioujen himself didn’t really know what a person’s reasonable limit should be when they pursue a hobby. Chioujen never had a special hobby that made him willing to sacrifice all his energy, mind and money to do that hobby. He really enjoyed reading and watching movies. But not to the point of being infatuated with books or movies. Even when Chioujen was the same age as Songfei, not once had he ever overdid what he liked.

Or maybe it’s just me that’s not normal!

1