Chapter 153 : Jongharng Chioujen
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chioujen decided to go down to the room right below that room. He could feel the blood in his veins flowing much faster. The frequency of his heartbeat increased sharply. Chioujen stepped lightly but with full of vitality. A moment later, he had set foot on the floor of the room below.

Just as Chioujen had just made his first steps in the room, another surprise was waiting for him. There was a powerful arm gripping him. Chioujen tried hard to free himself, but the man’s grip only grew stronger. Chioujen used his right foot to kick back. The man let go of the clutch but immediately caught Chioujen’s left hand. The flashlight slipped from Chioujen’s hand. He tried to reach the Tonfa tucked in his right waist. Chioujen managed to pull out the Tonfa, but before he could slash the Tonfa back, the mysterious person grabbed the Tonfa.

Chioujen turned around. Just at that moment, the Tonfa hit his left shoulder. Chioujen groaned. His right hand automatically moved up to hold the shoulder that had just been hit by the Tonfa. In the darkness, there was a faint shadow of a hand ready to hit Chioujen’s head. Chioujen’s left hand rose to parry the man’s attack. The man attacked again. With the Tonfa in his right hand, he hit Chioujen’s stomach, which was completely defenseless.

Chioujen was pushed back. He turned around. Close combat in the dark like this didn’t benefit him at all. That person was much taller than Chioujen. Chioujen tried to run. That person didn’t let Chioujen walk away. Chioujen could clearly hear the footsteps chasing him. The atmosphere was very dark. He tripped over something and fell to the ground. That person promptly sat on Chioujen’s back. He used the Tonfa to press Chioujen’s neck.

“I give up! I give up!” Chioujen shouted while enduring the pain.

That person still didn’t relax his pressure.

“Let’s have a friendly talk! Please, don’t use violence!”

That person loosened the pressure a bit. By remaining seated on Chioujen’s back, the person tied both of Chioujen’s hands.

“Who are you?” asked Chioujen.

The person didn’t make a sound at all. Chioujen was worried that the person did not understand the words he said. It was possible that this person was from another area whose language was completely different from the one Chioujen was currently speaking.

“My name is Maachaang Shentay!” Suddenly the figure who was still sitting on Chioujen’s back spoke. His voice was very loud.

“Nice to meet you. My name is Jongharng Chioujen!”

The person who called himself Maachaang Shentay stood up. He then sat right in front of Chioujen, who was still lying face down.

“Mr. Jongharng Chioujen! Sorry, I had to be very careful.”

That person was holding Chioujen’s flashlight. He quickly shone the flashlight right at Chioujen’s face.

Chioujen closed his eyes. The flashlight was so blinding.

“Who are you?” Chioujen repeated his question. He wanted to know who this person really was. Not just his full name or face.

“Before I answer your question, I must first ask you about it!”

“Okay! I’ll answer. But please turn off the flashlight.”

The person then turned off the flashlight right away. Chioujen opened his eyes. The man was silent. It seemed that he was waiting for Chioujen to continue.

“I am a resident of one unit in this building,” Chioujen said.

“This building is empty. Nobody lives here!”

“Certainly not the actual residents living here. I am a tenant of one unit on the tenth floor.”

Hopefully Songfei doesn’t mind me claiming to be the unit’s tenant.

“Once again, sorry, Sir! I was just doing my job,” said the man.

What kind of strange task was this guy referring to?

“May I sit down?” asked Chioujen.

“Please!”

That person then helped Chioujen to change his position. Now Chioujen sat opposite that person.

“What exactly is your job?” Chioujen asked while blinking his eyes. His hands were still tied behind his back. That person still didn’t want to untie the knot. It had crossed Chioujen’s mind to scream for help. But he undid it at once. The floor was isolated from other floors. No matter how loud he shouted, it was almost impossible to hear from the other floors. Moreover, the place where Chioujen was located was about twenty meters below the ground floor. Obviously, there was no way Hannrong would have heard if Chioujen had screamed for help from that place.

“I’m in charge of keeping my co-workers safe!”

Coworkers? So is there anyone else here?

The man turned on the flashlight again. He then pointed his flashlight at a corner of the room. There, there was a bed. There seemed to be someone lying on the bed. Chioujen couldn’t see clearly. The figure didn’t move an inch. Chioujen didn’t know the person was sleeping, fainted, sick, or even injured.

1