Chapter 157 : Dongfang Jenqyih
132 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jenqyih sat directly behind the two people who had been talking at the bus stop. At first, the two of them didn't say anything. But over time, one of them seemed unable to stand the silence. Finally, he opened his mouth.

"How did you know that the house where the party was being held was the place where the fire started?"

His friend, who was wearing a white shirt, turned to the questioner. "I already told you that my cousin works at the catering company that served the party."

"But didn't the fire start just as the sun was about to rise? Do they have a party in the morning came?"

"The party started at about eight in the evening. It continued until about three in the morning. After the party was over, the caterer was still there to pack up the equipment. So, at half-past five, when the fire started, my cousin was still there. By then he was getting ready to go back to the catering company's office."

"When the fire started, he was still there?"

"Yes, he was. But because everything was done, their superiors ordered them back straight away. Maybe they're afraid that if they stay there too long, then they won't even be able to go home because they have to answer various questions that might be asked by the police, who will surely come there.""

"Then how did you find out so quickly?"

"After arriving at the catering company's office to put all the equipment, my younger cousin should have gone straight home to rest. However, because his house is so far away, he didn't come home. So he came to my house. He showed up at my house while I was watching the news on television. After briefly telling me the things that he experienced, he went straight into the room to sleep. Indeed, he is used to doing that. When he has to work until morning, then he comes to my house to get a rest. When he is tired, he is lazy to come back to his own house. He will only wake up at noon. Only then will he return to where he lives."

"After that, he doesn't have to work?"

"Usually he works at the company only three or four days a week."

The friend was silent for a moment. But not for long. He opened his mouth again. "So, what happened during the party?"

"I don't know. My cousin didn't tell me about it. After all, he's already signed the Non Disclosure Agreement. If he violates the agreement, then the party hosting the party can sue him."

"Does that happen often?"

"What often happens?"

"Non Disclosure Agreement. Does the party hosting the party always ask the caterer to sign such an agreement?"

Of course, the people who serve the private parties must have seen a lot of things that people shouldn't know!

"My cousin says it's rare for this to happen. But it has happened a few times. In about two years working at the catering company, this is the third time he's had to sign an NDA like that."

The conversation between the two of them was fascinating. Jenqyih didn't mind if he had to eavesdrop more. But sadly, he had to get ready to get off. The next stop was where he would get off. There he would take another bus with a fairly long route.

With a heavy heart, Jenqyih stepped off the bus when the bus had actually stopped at the stop he was going to. At the stop, no one got off except Jenqyih, but five people got on. Jenqyih didn't pay attention to the people who were getting on. He sat for a moment in a seat at the bus stop. Just like yesterday, today, he didn't have to wait too long either. The bus he was waiting for arrived. Apart from him, three other people got on the bus.

Jenqyih sat silently on the bus. His mind began to summarize the information he got today. Starting from the news of a fire in the luxury housing complex where Miss Liuchiou's relatives live to the rumors he got from overhearing people's conversations on the street. This was nothing new. A year of living in this city has made him accustomed to the surprises that he encountered every day. The streets were the best place to get information. Of course, not all of the information was correct. People must really be able to sort out which information was worthy of trust. But at least, it was a good start for everyone to begin an investigation.

1