Chapter 158 : Dongfang Jenqyih
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because he didn't sleep last night, Jenqyih was actually very sleepy that day. But, at the same time, he also felt excited. His enthusiasm overflowed because his curiosity was so great. The discovery of an underground passage under their backyard was truly a thrill. Jenqyih felt a little annoyed with himself that he didn't have the courage to urge his friends to go down to the dungeon one more time and do a better investigation a few months ago. If he did it then, maybe now, who knew how many other surprises he had encountered?

He again remembered the secret passages underground that began in their backyard. The underground passage had many branches. Each of those branches must lead to another exit. Possible exits were so worth exploring.

Too bad we have to move house. It's almost certain that we don't have time to explore the alleys!

Thinking of all these things did not make Jenqyih's sleepiness disappear. He kept trying to fight the drowsiness that hit him. But no matter how hard he tried, his eyes and neck seemed difficult to work with. After a while, he fell asleep. He had just woken up when he felt someone shaking his body.

"Wake up, Sir! This bus has arrived at the last stop!"

Jenqyih opened his eyes. His head hurts a little. Suddenly waking up like that made his head feel uncomfortable. In front of him stood a bus crew. Jenqyih looked around. The bus was empty. Except for him, there were no other passengers. The bus crew who had just woken up walked away. At the last stop, the bus would not leave immediately. The officer who was on duty to check the condition of the bus would examine the bus first. After changing the crew, the bus would depart again.

Jenqyih got up right away and walked towards the bus's back door. He jumped off the bus. He considered for a moment whether he should head straight to the train station or whether to stop at a diner first for lunch. His hesitation only lasted a split second because he remembered Iren had asked him to call home as soon as possible when he reached the train station. If he had lunch first, it might take him a while to arrive at the station. Iren would definitely be worried.

He hastily walked towards the station. He could cover a distance of about one kilometer in less than fifteen minutes. But the situation today differed from yesterday. When he arrived at the last stop yesterday, it was already evening. The afternoon sun only had to wait a little while before bidding farewell to the land that it had lit for about twelve hours. The cool air temperature really helped Jenqyih in following every step he took at that time. Right now, it was almost noon. The sun was still perched on the bright blue sky. He felt the air temperature was also boiling. Even though Jenqyih tried to walk at a much faster pace, the situation that day made it impossible for him to achieve maximum results in every movement he made.

Jenqyih arrived at the station with sweat all over his body and the shirt he was wearing. He saw some people who looked so relaxed. They seemed not to feel what Jenqyih felt. For a moment, Jenqyih doubted himself. He didn't know if the situation he was in was just his feelings or if it indeed was a boiling day. Those people probably didn't have to walk quite as far as he did. So they don't feel hot at all.

Have I gone crazy?

He didn't immediately find a pay phone to call home. The thirst he felt was extraordinary. For Jenqyih, thirst was an emergency. So, it differed from hunger, which he could still endure. Jenqyih walked to a shop selling drinks in the station complex. After finding a shop, he ordered a drink and drank it all down right away. After the thirst was cured, then he inched to another place. With half a run, he searched for a pay phone.

"Hello! Iren?" Jenqyih immediately greeted when the phone was picked up on the other end.

"Yihge?" There was a voice from the other end. Jenqyih furrowed his brows. Iren's voice sounded so strange.

Something must have happened!

"What's wrong Iren?"

"Shinnshiow has been kidnapped?"

The handset almost slipped from Jenqyih's hand. "Huh? Kidnapped?"

"The kidnapper just called here. He said that Shinnshiow is in their hands!"

"When was he kidnapped?" Jenqyih felt the blood rushing along the veins all over her body.

"I don't know. Weren't you the last one with him?"

Jenqyih was shocked.

Was I the last person to see him before he was kidnapped? But that's impossible!

"After I got on the bus at the bus stop in front of it, I didn't see him again."

"I think you should go home now!"

"Has Dahge called yet?"

"This morning Dahge didn't say he would call when he arrived at Miss Liuchiou's relative's place," said Iren.

"Please, do not go anywhere. Wait for Dahge and Shyongge to come home. I think they'll be home soon. They went to the housing complex in Yuehming just to see the atmosphere there. Not to meet or chat with Miss Liuchiou's relatives."

"Fine. I'll wait for them to come home!"

"Remember! You're not going anywhere!" Jenqyih said that again.

"Of course I'll stay here until the others arrive."

"I'll call again later," said Jenqyih.

"What do you mean? Aren't you going straight home?"

"I have something important to do. I'll tell you when I get home."

"Okay! But you have to be careful. I worry those people will do even more dangerous things."

"You take it easy. I can take care of myself." Jenqyih tried to ease Iren's worries. Although he realized that whatever he said probably wouldn't have much of an effect.

1