Chapter 159 : Dongfang Jenqyih
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hanging up the phone, Jenqyih sat for a while on the bench near the pay phone. His hand reached into his trouser pocket. He took out his wallet and quickly opened it. He pulled a piece of paper out of the dark brown leather wallet. The paper was the piece given to him yesterday by his friend. He knew Shannchyuan had warned himself to be careful, but it was an emergency. They really need help from any party. Even help from people they don't trust would mean a lot.

Jenqyih stood up again. He steadfastly walked over to the pay phone he had just left.

"Hello," Jenqyih said in a loud voice when the phone line was connected.

"Hello! Ah, it's you, Jenqyih." The person on the other end immediately recognized Jenqyih's voice.

"Right, it's me."

"How are you? Do you want to come to my house again?"

"It's a good thing you're still home. I was worried before that you had left for work or something. I have something important to tell you."

"I was just about to leave the house. Can you call back this afternoon?"

"I can't. It's an emergency."

"What's wrong? Your voice sounds so weird. Are you still being followed?"

"That's not what I wanted to say. There's one thing that's far more serious."

"What is the problem?"

"One of my friends was kidnapped."

"Where are you now?"

Jenqyih said the name of the station where she was now. The distance between the station and the station near the friend's house is not far. Only fifteen minutes away by train. Traveling by motorbike will, of course, take a little longer.

I hope the traffic isn't so heavy today.

"Stay there. I'll be there in twenty minutes."

"Where should I wait for you? Inside the station or outside the station?"

"We'd better meet outside the station. The waiting room inside is too wide and scattered. It'll take a long time because I have to look for you."

"Okay. I'll be waiting near the entrance."

"Which entrance?"

"The main entrance. It's the easiest place to get to from the highway."

"Okay! Be careful. Don't stay away from the crowd."

Jenqyih then hung up the phone. Twenty minutes wasn't a long time, but it wasn't a short time either. One clear thing was that there wasn't enough time to go to lunch at one of the nearby stalls. He remembered the original purpose he came to that place. Jenqyih stepped into the luggage storage area. At first, after picking up the backpack he had put there yesterday, Jenqyih would immediately leave the station. But, the hunger that was so excruciating made him change his plans a little.

Jenqyih then stopped at a bakery. He bought some bread. Some he ate right away, some he put in the bag he carried on his back. Then Jenqyih rose to the surface speedily and waited near the door where he entered the station last night.

Jenqyih's friend came just at the time he promised. He rode the motorbike he rode with Jenqyih yesterday.

"What is that?" The friend pointed at the giant backpack that Jenqyih was carrying.

"Just a few things I left yesterday here."

"Okay. Don't waste any more time. We have to hurry."

"Come up!" Jenqyih's friend held out a helmet.

Jenqyih nodded. After receiving the helmet, he put it on right away and jumped onto the motorbike.

"Are you ready?" The friend said.

"Where are we going?" Jenqyih patted his friend's shoulder.

"Don't ask too many questions. Please, just come along. Later, there, I'll explain!"

The motorbike was traveling at high speed. Jenqyih's friend took the vehicle through roads that Jenqyih did not know well. It could be said that Jenqyih had absolutely no idea where they were. After about twenty minutes, the motorbike they rode into the garage of a beautiful house. The garage door closed automatically when the vehicle they were riding had stopped in the garage.

"Just put your backpack here first." Jenqyih's friend pointed to the floor to their left.

"Whose house is this?" Jenqyih looked left and right as he got off the motorcycle.

Jenqyih's friend did not answer. Instead, he opened the door that connected the garage to another room in the house. The two of them soon entered the house through the door. Jenqyih followed his friend, who, without stopping, continued to walk deep into the house. It turned out to be an enormous house. From the outside, one could only see that the width of the house was only about twenty meters. But apparently, when people went inside, they would realize that the house was really long. They passed a garden, which Jenqyih estimated was in the center of the house. Behind the garden, there was a relatively large hall. A man sat behind a large table at the end of the hall. He wore an expensive-looking suit and a black hat, which also looked luxurious.

When the two of them arrived right in front of the table, the person stood up. He took off his hat. Jenqyih could see the person's face clearly.

"Instructor Shentwu!" Jenqyih nodded respectfully.

"How are you Dongfang!" The man smiled faintly.

Shentwu Jongyih was one instructor who trained Jenqyih when he joined a secret society decades ago. Among some instructors who were there. It was this person who left the deepest impression on Jenqyih's mind.

"I'm fine, Sir!" Jenqyih saluted once again. "You look old."

The person laughed at Jenqyih's words. "Of course I look old. Decades have passed. If I still looked the same as before, wouldn't it be scary?"

Shentwu Jongyih was an instructor figure that was very frightening to everyone who underwent training there. At least that's what stuck in Jenqyih's mind. Jenqyih never felt comfortable at all when that person was around him. Even now, when that person looked old, his appearance was still so frightening and scary.

"That's right, Sir! I mean, you look very dignified right now!" Answered Jenqyih.

The man laughed again. In the past, when that person stood in front of her, Jenqyih always trembled. After decades, Jenqyih thought he could control himself. But unexpectedly, he was still shaking. It turned out that there were things that were very difficult to change.

"Both of you, please have a seat," Shentwu said.

"Thank you, Sir." Jenqyih sat down straightway. In the slightest, he didn't want to delay doing what Shentwu said. His friend also did the same. The two of them sat on the same side of the table.

"I've heard the things that happened to you and your friends. Jongli has told me everything so clearly."

In a short time, Jongli had told him everything? That's almost impossible. I'm sure that whoever the mob did this, they must have been on this old man's radar for a long time!

1