Chapter 160 : Dongfang Jenqyih
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jongli Jyhren, the friend who brought Jenqyih to the house, nodded respectfully at Instructor Shentwu. Jenqyih could only remain silent. His tongue was numb. Erratically, he didn't know what to say. Shentwu Jongyih must have known everything. It seemed there was nothing more to add.

"What should we do now, Sir?" Finally, a sentence came out of Jenqyih's mouth.

"Of course you have to call the police!" Shentwu Jongyih said.

"What about my friend's safety?"

"Your friend wasn't the target of the thugs. So it's very likely that he won't be harmed. Besides, the police will definitely act professionally."

Jenqyih was not at all convinced that it was the best way. The criminals didn't want a ransom. Most likely, they need information about something. Something they didn't know yet. Explaining this to the police might not be a simple matter.

"Do you want us to interfere in this case?"

Shentwu Jongyih's question sounded a little strange to Jenqyih's ears. He was almost one hundred percent certain that the agency must have interfered in the matter. Either since Jenqyih met Jongli Jyhren yesterday, or it could be long before that.

"What are we really into, sir?" Jenqyih ventured to dig up further information.

"Do you think we know more than you?" Shentwu asked.

Jenqyih did not answer right away. He knew Shentwu had not finished speaking.

"We don't have the proper facilities and infrastructure that we can use to conduct a proper investigation." Shentwu laughed again.

"But I think you must know about what happened," said Jenqyih. "At least a little more than we know."

"Okay. You're right. Regarding this matter, we do know a little more than you guys. But still many things are not clear to us. It's like seeing a snake. We only saw the tail."

"Director Shentwu, I don't think we should be too rigid about this." Jongli Jhyren, who had been silent all this time, started to open his mouth.

Director Shentwu? Oh, of course. Decades have passed. There was no way that Shentwu would still only be an instructor there! Then what is Jhyren's position?

Jenqyih turned to Jongli Jhyren. His friend's face was tense. Perhaps, just like Jenqyih, Shentwu's presence also made him feel intimidated.

"I'll help you guys," Director Shentwu said. "But as usual, I don't want the police to know that we are involved in investigating this."

Jenqyih looked at Director Shentwu. At first, he didn't understand what the man meant. It occurred to Jenqyih that they had to trick the police. The secret service might set up traps to trick the police into barking at the wrong tree. The working method between the police and the secret service was entirely different. So the presence of the police might actually interfere with the course of their investigation. But then he understood that they just shouldn't mention the involvement of other agencies when talking to the police.

"Can your friend be trusted?" Director Shentwu asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Duanmuh Shannchyuan. Do you think he would be willing to cooperate with us?"

"Do you know him?" Jenqyih tried his best not to sound strange in his tone.

Dahge is a Duanmuh. So it wasn't strange if something had happened in his life, which made him have to deal with people like this old man.

"If I told you I knew him, would you be surprised?" Director Shentwu stared with sharp eyes.

Jenqyih would not be surprised. So many mysterious things he felt from his dahge. Among them, perhaps the one who knew the most about Shannchyuan was Chioujen. He had known Shannchyuan since he was little. He was even friends with one of Shannchyuan's relatives, so Jenqyih felt it was only natural that the contact between Shannchyuan and Chioujen was more intense than the contact between Shannchyuan and the other friends.

Director Shentwu was still glaring at Jenqyih. His gaze was sharper than the razor Jenqyih used to clean his chin. It seemed that the old man was still waiting for Jenqyih's answer.

"I don't know if I should be surprised or not." This time Jenqyih did something that she had never thought of before. He returned Director Shentwu's gaze. Although his gaze was not as sharp as the old man's gaze. "There are many mysterious things about him."

"Alright. But do you think Duanmuh Shannchyuan would be willing to cooperate with us?"

Had there been an incident previously that made Dahge probably unwilling to accept this person's help?

"There are indeed many things about Duanmuh Shannchyuan that I do not know. But there is one thing that I am absolutely sure of." Jenqyih stopped talking for a while. "Duanmuh Shannchyuan is a very loyal friend. He will definitely not hesitate to cooperate with you for the safety of our kidnapped friend."

I hope there's nothing serious problem between Dahge and this guy!

"Good," said Director Shentwu. "Jongli. Now you take Dongfang back to Pyngyuan. After that, you have a little talk with Duanmuh."

"Okay Sir," replied Jongli Jhyren in a firm voice.

Without wasting much time, Jenqyih and Jhyren returned to the garage in a flash. They then rode the motorbike to Jenqyih's residence in Pyngyuan.

 

1