Chapter 164 : Nangong Iren
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shannchyuan nodded. But before he could start speaking, he heard the sound of a motorbike from outside the house. Yihshyong stood up and opened the living room door. In front of the fence, there is a motorbike that stops. Two motorcycle passengers then took off their helmets.

"Jenqyih is home," Yihshyong shouted.

About thirty seconds later, Jenqyih entered the living room. He was with someone they didn't know. They all stood up to greet Jenqyih and his friend.

"Let me introduce him to you. This is an old friend of mine." Jenqyih's voice sounded so formal. "His name is Jongli."

“My name is Jongli Jyhren. I am an old friend of Jenqyih." The person bowed respectfully.

After that, they introduced themselves to each other. Iren looked at Jenqyih's friend. He was taller and more robust than Jenqyih.

Could this be what Dahge meant by a "surprise"?

"I've heard from Jenqyih about what happened," the person said.

Jenqyih's friend seemed to be someone who didn't like small talk. He directly talked about what his goal was. Iren tried to guess who Jenqyih's friend really was. According to his estimation, this person was definitely not an ordinary person. It was possible he was a law enforcement officer.

"Now please tell Mr. Jongli what happened." Shannchyuan turned to Iren.

Iren then told the things he experienced starting from when all his friends left the house until the return of Shannchyuan, Yihshyong, and Yinqyueh.

Jongli Jyhren listened to Iren's story seriously. Every now and then, he asked about something that he felt was not clear or asked Iren to repeat some of the things Iren had said.

At first, Iren always looked at Shannchyuan before answering Jongli's questions. Shannchyuan always nodded. From Shannchyuan's facial expressions and body language, it seemed that Shannchyuan really intends to tell all of their problems to Jenqyih's friend. Therefore, Iren then answered everything so smoothly.

"I think you've more or less heard of what we went through from Jenqyih," Shannchyuan said.

After Iren finished telling the story, Shannchyuan took over the speaker's position from Iren's hands.

"I've heard a little. But it would be better if you tell me again now," asked Jenqyih's friend.

Shannchyuan recounted in detail the things they had experienced. He didn't tell everything. There were things he kept hiding. Iren nodded, hearing the things that were said by Shannchyuan. Iren was sure that this was Shannchyuan's way of telling them all what things other people were allowed to know and things they weren't allowed to tell. The things that should not be told were, for example, where Shannchyuan met Yinqyueh and the events that Yinqyueh witnessed. It was clear that Shannchyuan didn't want Yinqyueh to get into trouble. Also, regarding some of the things they found in Songfei's bag. There were things that Shannchyuan didn't mention. And then, of course, Shannchyuan didn't tell him about the dungeons and secret passages they'd found.

"What now? Is it time to report this to the police?" Jenqyih asked.

Tsaehorng, who, since Jongli's arrival, had just sat there listening, looked at Jenqyih. After that, he looked at Shannchyuan. His eyes shone with a million questions. Iren knew Tsaehorng must be confused as to why they should ask Jongli for advice on when to call the police. Let alone Tsaehorng, Iren himself didn't really understand either. He didn't know who Jongli was. However, seeing Shannchyuan's reaction while talking to Jongli, it seemed Iren's guess about who Jongli really was might not be far off the mark.

"Right. It's clear we have to report to the police," Jongli replied. "I think Young Master Mingju must have the right acquaintances to handle this."

Tsaehorng looked awkward. With hesitation, he looked at Shannchyuan. Shannchyuan then nodded.

"May I borrow the phone?" Tsaehorng asked.

"I think Young Master Mingju shouldn't be calling from here. We don't know yet whether the phone in this house is free from bugs," said Jongli.

"Can Mr. Jongli check whether there is a bug in our phone?" Shannchyuan asked.

"I didn't bring the tool," said Jongli. "Besides, the absence of a wiretapping device on the telephone here does not guarantee that your telephone line is not tapped. Telephone signals may be intercepted elsewhere. For example, in places where telephone cables are connected, such as in a device whose function is similar to a splitter attached to metal poles outside." Jongli pointed to the telephone pole outside.

"That means we can't use this phone for a while, right, Sir?" Yihshyong asked.

"I think it's okay to just say things that don't contain important information. For example, if you want to order food or other things like that."

"Okay! Then from now on, we shouldn't use this phone to exchange news or information," said Shannchyuan.

        Everyone present nodded.

"Then let me call the police from my place," said Tsaehorng.

"Your place at the paintings exhibition or your apartment?" Yihshyong asked.

"At the exhibition. My apartment is too far from here." Tsaehorng then stood up. He prepared to leave. But before moving, he still opened his mouth. "What about Uncle Beeihae's family? Shouldn't we call them to tell them what just happened?"

1