Chapter 165 : Nangong Iren
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tsaehorng's question did make sense. Everyone's eyes were on Shannchyuan.

"I know what you just said is what we should have done." Shannchyuan let out those words with a solemn face. "Almost all members of his nuclear and extended family live in Yeuandong. There are indeed some of his relatives who work outside Yeuandong. But none of them are here. So it is almost impossible for his relatives to come here."

"So, you don't think we need to tell them?" Tsaehorng looked at Shannchyuan.

"It's not that there's no need to tell them. But right now, the information we have is not accurate enough. I don't want us to have to rectify what we've already told them," Shannchyuan said.

"I agree with Dahge," Yihshyong said. "We don't know yet how true the claims of the people who called this house are. They said that Shinnshiow was with them. But they couldn't show any proof. So we shouldn't just believe what they said. It could be, this is one of the latest ways of fraud. There is currently no news from Shinnshiow. We can't reach him either. So, things are still not clear."

"Let's just wait for the call from the kidnappers tonight," said Iren. "Although I'm inclined to believe at this point that Shinnshiow has been kidnapped, it's not until tonight that we can be certain that this kidnapping did happen."

"Back to the matter of contacting the Shinnshiow's family," said Shannchyuan. "We can't rule out doing that. I just don't think now is the time."

Tsaehorng nodded. He seemed to have understood the stand of the occupants of this house.

"Besides, I'm afraid that if we contact them now, they'll definitely panic. Their panic will cause additional problems. After all, whether or not his family knows about this matter, will not change the situation here," said Shannchyuan.

"And there's more," said Yihshyong. "After the kidnappers free him, his family will probably forbid him to stay here. They might force him to return home. I'm sure Shinnshiow wouldn't like that idea."

"Okay Uncle. I understand," said Tsaehorng. "Now I want one uncle here to come with me. So, later, the person concerned can directly give information to the police."

Shannchyuan patted Yihshyong on the shoulder. "You come with Tsaehorng."

Yihshyong nodded without the slightest hesitation. He quickly stood up and walked over to Tsaehorng. Tsaehorng and Yihshyong then said goodbye to them all. Shannchyuan led the two men to the front of the fence.

From inside the house, Iren could see Shannchyuan chatting briefly with Tsaehorng. Shannchyuan patted Tsaehorng on the shoulder. Just as Tsaehorng and Yihshyong got into the car, the driver started the vehicle instanter.

Shannchyuan was still standing outside the fence for about thirty seconds. After that, he turned around. With quick steps, Shannchyuan went back into the house. He returned forthwith to where he had been sitting before. He raised his cup. It turned out to be empty. Clearly, Iren saw Shannchyuan glance sharply at him.

Yinqyueh then stood up. "Let me make some more tea."

"Ah, I'm sorry if we even bothered you," said Shannchyuan.

"It's okay," Yinqyueh smiled.

"How about you make one for them, too?" Shannchyuan pointed to the other people who were there. "Looks like they've run out of drinks, too."

Yinqyueh nodded. "No problem."

Iren stood up. He said, "Let me help you. To make it faster."

Yinqyueh stared with a slightly surprised look. But without saying anything, she let Iren help her. Iren and the girl together walked to the kitchen.

Arriving at the kitchen, Iren said softly in Yinqyueh's ear. "I think Dahge has something to say to you. But he doesn't want Jenqyih's friend to hear what he has to say. So then, I'll just go out to serve them the drinks."

Yinqyueh remained silent. She just nodded.

She could understand in an instant. This girl is much more mature than her actual age.

After finishing making the drinks, Yinqyueh came out of the kitchen. From the kitchen window, Iren saw the girl sitting on a chair on the backyard terrace. Iren brought the drink into the living room. He put the cups on the table instantly.

"Are you adding sugar again?" Shannchyuan looked probingly at Iren.

"Don't you want sugar?" Iren asked back.

"That's not what I meant. It just, I think I've had too much sugar today."

"Then I'll make a fresh drink again. One that doesn't use sugar."

Iren rose again from his seat. Shannchyuan stood up promptly and held Iren's shoulder.

"No need. Let me make it myself. You sit here accompanying Jenqyih and Mr. Jongli." After saying that, Shannchyuan stood up and walked speedily towards the kitchen.

1