Chapter 166 : Duanmuh Shannchyuan
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shannchyuan opened the door that connected the kitchen to the backyard. Yinqyueh sat on a chair on the kitchen terrace. She turned when she heard the door open. Shannchyuan quickly stepped out. He closed the kitchen door very carefully.

"What do you want to talk about, Uncle?" Yinqyueh's voice was like the voice of someone who didn't want to discuss anything.

What I'm about to say will probably upset her a little. But I have to say it.

Shannchyuan sat on the chair that was next to the chair Yinqyueh was sitting on.

I have to say it very carefully.

"The situation is already very dangerous." Shannchyuan's fingers touched Yinqyueh's fingers.

"I know."

"Tomorrow I will take you to your relative's place in Yuehming."

Yinqyueh turned to Shannchyuan. Her face was a bit sullen.

"But I probably won't be able to go home tomorrow either."

"You don't have to go back there. Tomorrow we're just going to see how things are going."

"Is it true that I don't need to go back there?" Yinqyueh's tone seemed to doubt Shannchyuan's words.

Shannchyuan smiled. His left hand grabbed the fingers of Yinqyueh's right hand. "We'll see how things go tomorrow. If we still can't get in, then you don't have to go home."

"So if it turns out that we can go in there, then I have to go home?"

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Then what do you mean, Uncle?"

"I just want us to know how things are over there. You need to see it in person."

"I don't need to go home?"

"If you don't want to go home, then you don't have to go home."

Yinqyueh's face brightened.

It seems that this girl is really reluctant to gather with her family.

"Since arriving in this city, have you tried calling them?" Shannchyuan asked.

"Not at all. I'm way ahead of schedule. If I call and say I'm here, then I'm afraid they'll tell me to come over to their house right away."

"If tomorrow we're still not allowed into the housing complex, then we'll have to call them."

"If there is no one else in their house, then what?"

"Even though your family has all evacuated, but the house is so big there must be a lot of guards and maids living there. It's impossible for everyone to evacuate, either."

"Okay. We'll call them tomorrow." Yinqyueh was still being reluctant.

"Is there nothing you want to ask?"

"About what?"

"Anything is fine. I mean, anything you don't think is clear at all."

"If I ask, will Uncle answer it?"

"Of course!"

"Who is Uncle Jenqyih's friend? He seems to be an important person. All of you seem to be disdainful towards that person."

"I don't know for sure. But he's most likely someone who works for the government."

"Police?"

"Sort of. It's just that maybe the things they do are more mysterious than the police."

"So some kind of special police, huh?"

"Approximately so."

"Hmmmm," Yinqyueh mumbled short.

"I know you don't like the involvement of the police or other law enforcement. But things are like this. Like it or not, the police have to be involved."

"I know, Uncle."

"Is there any more?"

"Of course there is," Yinqyueh said. "If I still can't go home tomorrow, then where will I live? Uncle says things are dangerous here."

"I've had a little talk with Tsaehorng."

"When did Uncle speak to him?"

"A while ago. When I was escorting Tsaehorng and Yihshyong out."

"In such a short time?"

"Yes." Shannchyuan nodded. "Ah! He's mentioned this matter before. So I just need to remind him."

"I know. Brother Tsaehorng already said that when we had lunch."

"Yes. I decided to accept the offer he made earlier."

"What did he say?"

"He said, right now, we could move into his apartment."

"So soon?"

Shannchyuan nodded. "That kid really meant it."

"His apartment must be luxurious." Yinqyueh laughed.

"I don't know. But I think so."

Yinqyueh nodded. "Now it's Uncle's turn!"

"My turn?"

"Uncle asked me to ask about things that I feel are not clear. Now it's Uncle's turn to ask."

"What should I ask?"

"Anything is okay."

Shannchyuan was silent for a moment. He looked deeply into Yinqyueh's face. After about five seconds, he finally opened his mouth.

"You don't mind if we have to lie a little?"

"Lie to whom?" Yinqyueh raised her eyebrows.

"I mean, not lying like that."

"Like that, what do you mean, Uncle?"

"I mean lying which is like deceiving. That's not what I want. What I want is not to tell everyone everything we know and experience. So only part of it we tell."

"Ah! I know what you mean. But that's more accurately called hiding the truth than lying."

"Okay! You're right. This would be more appropriate to call it hiding the truth."

"Uncle has already done that. You all didn't tell Mr. Jongli everything."

"Yes. We did. So what do you think? Would you mind if you had to do something like that too?"

1