Chapter 173 : Duanmuh Shannchyuan
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iren pointed his index finger at the two small boxes. "So, what are these two transistor radios for?"

Just like me, Iren also thought that these two boxes were transistor radios.

"That's not a transistor radio, Uncle. Both of these things function much like a two-way radio. So because the police can't be here in person, they use this thing to communicate with us."

"Oh, some kind of walkie talkie," said Iren.

"Something like that. But not the same. Size wise, it's definitely much smaller than a walkie talkie. Then, this thing is not a two-way radio, where people have to take turns talking. It's like a telephone, so both parties can talk at the same time."

"So this thing looks like a walkie talkie but works like a telephone?" Jenqyih's face showed amazement.

"That's right, Uncle Dongfang," said Tsaehorng.

"That means it's a cordless phone," Yinqyueh said.

It turns out this girl understand. Many grown men could not even imagine that such a device exist.

"Yes, it can be called like that. I've read that in the future, these cordless phones will completely replace the phones we use today," said Tsaehorng.

"I've heard that technology like this has been used by law enforcement," said Jenqyih.

"According to conspiracy theorists, there are actually so many secret technologies that the government has used. They deliberately kept this secret from the public so that people would not misuse it," said Shannchyuan.

"So, they were right?" Jenqyih laughed.

"There might be some of their theories that are close to the truth. But of course there's a lot more to theory that makes no sense." Shannchyuan also laughed.

Talking about the technology in their hands, Shannchyuan firmly believed that there were many technologies that currently just waiting for the right moment to be introduced to the public. Logically, such advanced technology should have been widespread since thousands of years ago, shortly after their ancestors arrived in the new world.

In the history books that Shannchyuan studied, it was clearly written that a significant event had taken place in the old world where their ancestors lived. The incident had changed the course of history. The important event took place in 1955 in the old world. A large celestial body fell right in the middle of a large landmass at the south pole of the old world. According to history books, the south pole was a vast land that was completely covered by a stretch of ice. The celestial body was not a meteor that often fell from the sky. The most basic difference was that the celestial body did not burn when it entered the atmosphere of their old world.

There were about three hundred countries in the old world. These countries comprise large countries and small countries. Of that number, nearly two hundred countries were fully sovereign states. The rest were countries that were still dependent on other countries or were still colonies of big countries. So many countries, of course, many problems arose. It was not uncommon for conflicts or even wars to occur between those countries. War and peace alternately colored the lives of residents in the old world. When the celestial body fell at the south pole, the old world had just entered a new chapter after the great war between various countries had ended ten years earlier. The war lasted only about six years. But the impact was extraordinary. Although it had entered a period of peace, the situation was not completely peaceful. The cold war and petty strife were still going on between these countries.

At first, the competition intensified after the fall of the celestial body. All countries were competing to send experts to investigate these celestial bodies. Several large and powerful countries finally dominated the research on the celestial body. After five years of research, experts finally concluded that the celestial body was a giant message recorder. They said that the celestial body was a kind of tape recorder that came from a place unknown to humans. The next five years were attempts to read the messages recorded in these celestial bodies. For the first time, all the dominant countries that were previously enemies and were involved in the cold war worked for hand in hand to reveal the great secret hidden in the object that fell from the sky.

1