Chapter 192 : Duanmuh Shannchyuan
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shannchyuan stopped walking and turned to Yihshyong. "Okay, please say the thing still stuck in your mind."

"Didn't Dahge sense something odd?"

"What kind of oddity?"

"When we talk about the things that have happened in the last few days in our lives, Chioujen didn't seem surprised."

"I am sure he's surprised. It's just that the way he shows his surprise is not the same as ours. During the few months living with him, you must have noticed that Chioujen's facial expression tends to remain flat even though he sees or hears surprising things." Shannchyuan chuckled.

"I know. But this is different," Yihshyong said. "Isn't it possible that he already knew about the things that happened here?"

Ah! Chioujen really isn't good at pretending. Yihshyong had already guessed it. Maybe the others could also see it.

"I think it's just your feelings. I've known Chioujen since he was little. He's always been like that. His face isn't very expressive. So when unexpected things happen, he always responds with a straight face. You better not think too far."

Yihshyong still didn't seem convinced by Shannchyuan's explanation. Although Shannchyuan felt his words were well-founded, he knew it was not enough to change Yihshyong's mind.

He doesn't believe it! I hope this will not turn into a big problem!

Talking about Yeuandong people, several stereotypes were attached to people from that region. One of those stereotypes was that the Yeuandong people were very expressive. The expressions on their faces of joy or surprise were usually easy to see on their faces. But they rarely show sad or angry facial expressions. But that's just a stereotype. In reality, not all Yeuandong people were like that. Chioujen was an example of that exception.

"Come on, now let's go inside the house. Tonight we must rest, so tomorrow can do great things with a fit body." Shannchyuan turned the conversation to something else. That was all he could do at the time.

Arriving inside, they saw Iren, Jenqyih, and Chioujen already in the kitchen. They seemed to be talking excitedly. Iren and Jenqyih waved their hands while telling Chioujen something. Instantly, Shannchyuan and Yihshyong followed their friends into the kitchen.

"What is this?" Yihshyong looked at them. "Didn't we already agree that after this, we would all rest? We don't know what will happen tomorrow, so we have to prepare our bodies to stay fit tomorrow."

"We just told about the underground passage we found," said Iren.

"You never said that you found the hidden room deep under our backyard!" Chioujen said.

"Sorry," Yihshyong said. "But then we all agreed not to talk about it over the phone. Of course, we'll let you know when you're in the house."

"Right!" Jenqyih said. "Besides, three months ago, we only found a cellar. We thought it was just an ordinary shed or something. Only yesterday, we discovered that there is an underground passage behind the door in the cellar."

"I want to see it," said Chioujen. However, just like before, he said that with a straight face.

"Now?" Iren asked.

"Of course now. It's going to be very busy tomorrow. It's impossible to have time to deal with this underground passage. Moreover, during the day there may be other people visiting here. Aren't you the one who wanted to keep this a secret from outsiders?" Chioujen's voice was so firm.

Chioujen must be so impatient to tell the things he knows!

"I see," said Shannchyuan. "Let me accompany you down there. Iren, you are the one who is going to guard the edge of the hole. Jenqyih and Yihshyong, you guys just rest."

"But it's Dahge who have to rest now. Tomorrow morning Dahge must be present to receive a briefing from the police," said Jenqyih.

"It's okay," Shannchyuan said. "I'm still strong! It won't be long after all."

"Dahge, don't push yourself. What if Dahge faints again tomorrow," said Iren.

"Eh? Beaushu fainted? Where? When?" Chioujen asked the series of questions with an astonished look.

"I was just tired at the time. It's okay," said Shannchyuan, "Long story. I'll tell you another time."

"That's right! Dahge promised to have a health check-up," said Yihshyong.

"You guys take it easy. After this matter is over, I'll go see a doctor."

"If Beaushu is really unwell. Next time I'll go down to the cellar," Chioujen said.

"It's okay. We'll go down there for a while. I'll check something out together. Come on, let's go to that corner now," Shannchyuan said, pointing to the corner in the backyard.

The five of them then rushed to the hole. After the hole opened, Shannchyuan prepared to descend. Chioujen will come down after Shannchyuan.

"Remember. After we both got off, Jenqyih and Yihshyong had to rest. Only Iren is on guard at the edge of the hole," said Shannchyuan.

"Okay, don't worry," said Jenqyih and Yihshyong in unison.

1