Chapter 224 : Shimen Yihshyong
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Juger had finished lunch. With the help of Jinqkang, he ate the medicine that was already available on the dining table. After that, Jinqkang helped him into the bedroom to rest. In less than two minutes, Jinqkang was in the bedroom. He got out and quickly walked over to Yihshyong.

"How was it, Sir? They didn't want to talk to you?"

"They just want to talk to Mr. Duanmuh," Yihshyong replied.

"And Mr. Duanmuh is unlikely to be home anytime soon."

"What do you think?" Yihshyong looked at Jinqkang deeply. He really wanted to know Jinqkang's opinion on the matter.

"There are two things we might be able to do. The first is to inform the kidnappers that Mr. Duanmuh is at the mall and is completely unreachable. I'm sure news of what happened at the mall will soon be broadcast on radio and television. The kidnappers will eventually realize that we aren't lying."

"And the second?" Yihshyong closed his eyes as soon as he asked that question.

"The second is that we say that if they still want to get what they want, then they have to follow our way. Among other things is to accept other people in this house to represent Mr. Duanmuh. If they don't want to, that's fine! The deal is off!"

"The second way is very dangerous. They can hurt Shinnshiow," Yihshyong said.

"They can threaten to harm Mr. Beeihae. But not necessarily they will."

"It means we're risking Shinnshiow's safety. We can never be sure how determined the kidnappers really were."

"That's right. This second method is dangerous."

"I think there's a third way." Yihshyong opened his eyes.

"The third way? What kind of method, Sir?"

Yihshyong smiled bitterly. "This way, I'm not sure it will work. It takes a tremendous amount of courage to do it."

Jinqkang raised his eyebrows. "Please explain about this third way."

When he had closed his eyes earlier, Yihshyong focused on the voice of the person speaking to him. At that time, Yihshyong felt he was dealing with Shannchyuan. Jinqkang's voice, accent, word choice, emphasis, and style of speech were exactly the same as Shannchyuan's. Even Yihshyong dared to say that maybe Shannchyuan himself would feel like he was doing a monologue if he talked to Jinqkang with his eyes closed.

"The kidnappers contacted this house by phone. They didn't really see who was talking to them. If someone who sounded like Mr. Duanmuh had picked up the phone, they probably wouldn't have suspected it. The voice of the person on the phone is not exactly the same as the voice we hear when speaking in person. The slightest difference in face-to-face conversation won't be as obvious in a telephone conversation. They will assume that they are talking to Mr. Duanmuh. That way, I think, things will be a lot simpler."

"You mean...." Jinqkang looked at Yihshyong with a doubtful look.

"Yes! What I mean is, what if you pretended to be Mr. Duanmuh? You just tell them you are Duanmuh. Technically, you're not lying because your surname is Duanmuh," Yihshyong said bluntly.

Jinqkang looked speechless. Yihshyong knew it was a strange request. However, when one faced such an emergency, strange things were not a taboo thing to do.

"We don't have much time. They'll be calling again soon."

Finally, Jinqkang nodded. "All right! I'll try."

Yihshyong smiled. They both stood at the phone, waiting for the kidnappers to call again. Yihshyong put earphones in both ears. The other Huahshiang box he gave to Jinqkang.

"You put it in one ear only. You use the other ear to hear from the receiver," said Yihshyong.

Yihshyong hadn't turned on the huahshiang yet, so the police couldn't hear what they were talking about.

"Shouldn't we talk to the police about this first?" Jinqkang asked.

"No need. I'm afraid they will think too much. Let's just do it. Think of it as a surprise for them."

Hearing that answer, Jinqkang looked at Yihshyong with a surprised look. But he still did what Yihshyong did. He put earphones in one ear. Yihshyong intended to turn on the huahshiang right after the phone rang.

0