Chapter 230 : Nangong Iren
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yihshyong spat out the words word by word at a slow tempo. "Actually, where are the cops gathered to monitor this kidnapping?"

Tsaehorng, Chioujen, Jenqyih, and Iren smiled at Yihshyong's question. Jenqyih raised his hand. He pointed back.

"What do you mean?" Yihshyong raised his eyebrows.

"The house that the police use as a monitoring site is the house right behind our house." Jenqyih laughed.

Yihshyong laughed too. "We thought it must not be far from here. But it's very close. Only a few meters."

"Now, can you start talking?" Iren started to feel impatient.

"Okay! Now listen carefully!" Yihshyong straightened his seat.

It's better if this time Shyongge really starts talking. Not just stalling for time like before.

"I was so panicked because it was almost half-past twelve, but you guys haven't shown up yet." Yihshyong started his story. "Then, through the Huahshiang device, the police reported what had happened at the mall near the station. I panicked even more because it meant you guys could be stuck there for a long time."

"Did he really panic that much?" Chioujen turned to Jinqkang.

"Mr. Shimen did look very nervous. However, he still manages to control himself." Jinqkang gave a thumbs up.

Yihshyong smiled. He opened his mouth again. "Then it was twelve o'clock. The kidnappers were right on time. Not like some people I know."

The people there looked at each other with a smile.

It wasn't our fault at all!

Yihshyong stopped talking. He seemed to want to see the response from the listeners. But he was just starting to talk. There were no things that were stressful or made people curious. From the look on his face, Iren guessed Yihshyong was also aware that people were lazy to listen to long tales.

"Long story short, they only wanted to talk to Dahge. They didn't want to talk to me," Yihshyong said.

"Then, what happened?" Chioujen squinted his eyes.

"They said they would call again."

"Have they called again?" Iren asked.

"Yes. They called again about fifteen minutes later," Yihshyong replied.

"Did they change their minds?"

"No. They're sticking to their original stance. Those people only wanted to talk to Dahge."

"Then what did you do to change their minds?" Iren asked.

"I didn't do anything. As the saying goes, 'If there is no rattan, then even the roots are useful.' So, I just got 'Fake Dahge' to talk to them."

Tsaehorng also laughed. "How did Uncle know? This Jinqkang once tried to work as a voice actor for cartoons."

"I was just kidding." Chioujen laughed even louder. "I can't believe it turned out to be true."

"Are you serious?" Yihshyong looked at Tsaehorng. His face changed. "I don't know about that. He hasn't said that yet."

Tsaehorng nodded. "Uncle can ask Jinqkang about it."

"Must be a Chuannan cartoon." Jenqyih laughed.

Chuannan was an area known for many things. One of them was the production of cartoon films. The language spoken in Chuannan was so different from the language spoken in this city that the cartoons made in Chuannan circulating here must be translated. Therefore, there was a dubber profession in this city.

"Yes, it's a cartoon made in Chuannan. But, at that time, I was just trying to work as a dubber. Not too serious. There was no intention to make it a profession. So, I did that only briefly. Just a few months." Jinqkang grimaced.

"That's it! That's another time we will discuss. Now, continue your story about what happened earlier." Iren smiled at Yihshyong.

"Okay, I'll continue. So, they, the kidnappers, actually believe that it was Dahge who spoke to them."

After that, Yihshyong fell silent. Iren waited for Yihshyong to say more. But Yihshyong just smiled.

"Shyongge! Then what next?" Iren was getting impatient.

Yihshyong was still smiling. "My story ended there. Jinqkang will continue."

0