Chapter 236 : Shimen Yihshyong
59 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Shiuander Janji entered the fence of his house, Yihshyong and his friends also went back into their house.

"Iren, I want to talk for a moment." Yihshyong took Iren's arm. "Come on, let's go to the back porch."

The two of them then headed to the terrace behind the kitchen. Arriving there, Yihshyong quickly sat down.

"You must want to ask about the two small bags, right?" Iren preceded Yihshyong in starting the conversation.

"Right! You haven't told me any of the things the police told you."

Iren then briefly told about the things they experienced in the house that were right behind the house they lived in.

Luckily, this time he actually told everything in a nutshell.

"I've been thinking that, too. When are we going to start inspecting this house?" Yihshyong nodded.

"I think we don't have time now. It's almost four o'clock. We'd better get ready to wait for the phone call now." said Iren. "After they finish calling, then we do a thorough inspection of our house. We have to be absolutely sure that our house is clean of eavesdroppers."

Yihshyong nodded. The two of them then returned to the dining room. After calling Jinqkang, the three of them then gathered in front of the phone. Yihshyong and Jinqkang put the earphones connected to Huahshiang into their ears. After turning on the two Huahshiangs, Yihshyong could hear a voice greeting.

"Good afternoon!"

It was Chioulin Shinnjaang's voice. Apparently, he had been on standby since earlier.

"Good afternoon!" Yihshyong replied. "I am Shimen Yihshyong."

Yihshyong turned his head to see the faces of his friends. He tried to present a voice full of authority. But from the expressions on the faces of his friends who were there, it seemed that his efforts had failed miserably.

"Mr. Shimen, what about the things Mr. Borbae has been talking about?"

"Sorry, Sir! We haven't had time to do that yet. A lot has happened this afternoon."

"We understand, Sir! But we hope today we will have confirmation."

"We'll try, Sir," answered Yihshyong.

"Thank you for your cooperation, Sir!"

"You're welcome, Sir. How about the latest developments?"

"We are ready to monitor incoming phone calls. Now we are waiting for what they have to say," said Chioulin Shinnjaang.

"Regarding the previous phone call, have the police not been able to trace where the call came from?" Yihshyong urged Chioulin to reveal it.

"I'm so sorry, Sir. We haven't succeeded yet. It's possible they're using new technology that could disrupt our tracking process. But we'll keep trying! That's all we can say for now."

"Right now, Mr. Duanmuh Shannchyuan is not here yet. Have the police received any new information regarding his whereabouts?" Yihshyong asked.

"We have started receiving a list of the names of the victims. Due to the large number of victims, they are scattered in several hospitals and health clinics. So there are indeed some problems there. So far, there is no Duanmuh Shannchyuan's name on the list of victims that we received."

"Alright, we understand. Please let us know if there are recent developments regarding the victims of this afternoon's incident," said Yihshyong.

"Yes, Sir," said Chioulin Shinnjaang. "Is Mr. Duanmuh Jinqkang also ready now?"

"I'm ready!" Jinqkang answered firmly.

Yihshyong glanced at the clock that adorned the light blue wall in the room. Four o'clock was only a few minutes away. He turned to his friends. They all put on a tense face. Even Chioujen, who often had a straight face in various situations, this time showed an unusual facial expression.

Yihshyong waited anxiously. He glanced back at the clock on the wall.

Four o'clock has arrived!

Nothing happened. No incoming phone calls.

The faces of the people in the room grew tense. Yihshyong was sure they were all guessing in their hearts as to what was going on in the kidnappers' stronghold. So far, the kidnappers had always contacted them at the time they promised.

Five minutes had passed. Still no call.

Are they testing us?

Ten minutes from four, their phone still hadn't rung.

What is this? Did something bad happen there?

"Be patient, gentlemen!" A voice came from the earphones plugged into their ears. Chioulin Shinnjaang was probably worried that the delay would make Yihshyong and Jinqkang very nervous.

0