Chapter 239 : Shimen Yihshyong
51 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yihshyong was sitting pensively on a chair in the dining room when he heard the clock on the wall chime. He looked at the object that made the sound. Without blinking, he stared at the antique clock hanging on their dining room wall. The clock showed five in the afternoon.

Three hours from now, we have to hand over the ransom. I don't know if everything will go smoothly.

So far, there had been no news regarding Shannchyuan's whereabouts. They left the television in the living room on. Everyone was waiting for news updates on television about the incident this afternoon, especially news about the victims.

What should we do now? The kidnappers wanted Dahge to carry the items. If other people showed up there, maybe they will not take us seriously. Will that fact have a big effect on their treatment of Shinnshiow?

"Shyongge!" Iren appeared out of one bedroom. "You better take a shower first!" He immediately sat next to Yihshyong.

"Okay! After this, I'm going to take a shower. Now Jinqkang is still in the bathroom."

"He didn't bring a change of clothes, did he?" said Iren.

"I already gave him Shinnshiow's clothes. They fit perfectly."

"You're right! I also thought that kid's stature was very similar to Shinnshiow."

"Regarding this matter of Shinnshiow, what do you think?" Yihshyong looked at Iren.

"I think it's clear now that Shyongge is the one who have to deliver the goods. I guess once we get to this point, it doesn't really matter who will deliver the ransom items there."

"I know. I was just thinking about what to tell them."

"Just tell them the truth."

"Tell them that Dahge was one victim in the incident this afternoon?"

"Right. I think that's the best way."

"What if they don't believe it?"

"So far, we've been cooperative with whatever they want. So, we have no reason to lie about this. If they still don't believe it, there's nothing more we can do."

"Hmm..."

"I don't think they will have any other choice, either. In the end, they will accept whoever delivers the ransoms."

Yihshyong was stunned to hear Iren's words. He looked up at the ceiling in the room. Yihshyong often saw Shannchyuan did that. He did not know what purpose Shannchyuan looked up at the ceiling. Sometimes, Shannchyuan's behavior was difficult for them to understand. Yihshyong, who had been living with Shannchyuan for more than a year, from time to time felt like he was groping in the dark as he tried to interpret what Shannchyuan was doing.

"Shyongge, what are you doing?" Iren asked.

"I did nothing," Yihshyong replied. Still looking up, he turned to Iren. It turned out that Iren was also doing the same thing as him. "What are you doing?"

"Of course I do the same as you."

"Do you know what I'm doing?"

"I think Shyongge must be imitating Dahge."

Yihshyong laughed. Still looked up. "Right! What do you think Dahge is looking for on the ceiling?"

"Based on Dahge's personality, it's very likely that this act was one of Dahge's ways of getting some inspiration."

"You do realize that an answer like that is stupid, right?" Yihshyong smiled.

Iren laughed. His head still looked up. "That's something my relatives always say back home. I don't think they were completely wrong. The fact that I'm here with you now may prove that what they said was right."

"You're not alone. My cousin said that too when he found out that I quit my job and chose to travel."

They both chuckled.

"Then, according to Shyongge, what is the real reason?"

"Reason for what?"

"Of course, Dahge's reason for looking up at the ceiling like this!"

"Maybe Dahge was just trying to stretch his neck muscles. That makes a lot more sense."

"Hmm," muttered Iren.

"Or maybe there really wasn't a particular reason. Dahge just wanted to do that."

0