Chapter 240 : Shimen Yihshyong
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They both burst out laughing. Under those circumstances, anything could be funny. In stressful situations, as was the case at that time, they often laughed at themselves. It's one of the mechanisms they built to make themselves felt a little better.

"What are you guys doing?" Chioujen's voice startled Yihshyong.

"Imitating Dahge," replied Iren.

"Ah! This is very interesting!" Chioujen laughed. "Do you want to try too?" said Iren. "Hmm..." Chioujen was still laughing. "I just wanted to ask about our dinner. Should I prepare it now?"

"About that," Yihshyong didn't look at his friends at all, neither at Iren nor at Chioujen. He kept looking up at the ceiling. "I haven't showered yet. But you can start preparing now. So, after I'm done showering, I can go straight to dinner."

"Okay. I think in five minutes I'll start preparing dinner," Chioujen said.

"Has Dahge done something like this recently or has it been his habit for a long time?" Iren asked Chioujen.

"Do what?"

"Certainly doing what we are currently doing," said Iren.

"As I recall, Beaushu used to do this often too," Chioujen said. "When I was a child, when I visited my friend's house, I would often see Beaushu gazing alone and staring at the ceiling."

"Did Dahge never explain to you why he did this?" Yihshyong asked.

"Never."

"And you never asked him either?" Yihshyong asked.

"Never," Chioujen replied. "I think it's a private matter. I don't want to interfere at all."

"Have you ever tried it?" Yihshyong asked.

"Of course I have!"

"So what did you get?" Iren asked.

"My neck hurts so bad. I have to put some medicine patches on to ease my suffering," Chioujen replied.

The three of them burst out laughing.

"Ah! You all seem to enjoy doing this too," came a voice.

The three of them turned. Yihshyong and Iren turned towards the voice while still looking up. Jinqkang was already beside them. Turned out he had finished taken a shower. They were so excited to look up, then they didn't even hear when Jinqkang opened the bathroom door.

"What do you mean?" asked Chioujen.

"Of course, looking up at the ceiling. Isn't that what you're doing now?"

Iren looked at Jinqkang. "Don't you find this strange?"

"Of course I find it a little strange. But isn't that the custom of the ancients?"

"Who said that to you?" Yihshyong asked.

Maybe I'm not sociable. So I do not know the customs of the ancients!

"No one. But I used to see my grandfather in Yeuandong doing this a lot. Not only my grandfather, but his relatives too. So I came to the conclusion that this is a habit that old people sometimes do."

Yihshyong poked Iren. "You've heard of this."

"No." Iren shook his head vigorously. "This is the first time I've heard of such a thing."

"Perhaps this is just a custom of the Duanmuh Family," Chioujen said.

Chioujen's words were probably just a joke. But maybe he's serious. That's quite reasonable. There were so many mysterious things about the Duanmuh Family.

Do I need to ask Dahge about this?

After that, they all fell silent. Everyone was busy with their own thoughts. Because no one was making a sound, the sound of the television can be heard very clearly.

"The delivery of the ransom at night is very unfavorable to us." Yihshyong broke the silence by making the statement.

"Right! It's easier for criminals to escape. Especially if they are very familiar with the area," said Iren.

"In addition, the night atmosphere also makes it easier for them to monitor anyone who comes to the park," said Chioujen."During the day, the park is very crowded. But after sunset, except on weekends, not many people come there. So, if suddenly there are a lot of visitors, it is not difficult for the criminals to conclude that those people are the police."

"I think the police must have considered the matter well," Jinqkang said.

"I hope you're right. At night, of course, the police will find it difficult to disguise themselves. Maybe they will hide in places that are not very clearly visible, such as in the bushes, in the trees, or on the roofs of buildings that are there. One thing is for sure. There's no way they disguised themselves as plants," Yihshyong said.

0