Chapter 248 : Shimen Yihshyong
134 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jinqkang did tell the story with such enthusiasm that perhaps unconsciously the volume was too loud. As a result, Chioujen could hear clearly.

"No, Sir! Maybe they're just bruises. But the police won't let them leave right away. So they rested in the grocery store first."

"Wait a second! Did the cop you met introduce himself as a cop?" This time it wasn't just shouting from the living room, Chioujen had also moved from there. With a serious face, Chioujen appeared in the dining room. Apparently, he left the living room to hear Chioujen's story more clearly.

Chioujen's question makes sense. The policeman Jinqkang met was undercover. So he should not reveal his identity. But indeed, this is a dilemma!

"No, Sir! So the policeman I met earlier borrowed the phone at the grocery store to call the police. And, in just two minutes, two uniformed traffic cops arrived. They were the ones who told the people involved in the accident to stay there."

"Why are you even here?" Yihshyong looked at Chioujen. "You haven't finished the sketch yet, have you?"

"Jinqkang's story, I think, is very important. What if Mr. Pyngher also moved to this dining table?" said Iren. Yihshyong nodded. They asked Pyngher to continue what he was doing in the dining room. Without saying a word, Pyngher got up from the sofa in the living room and walked into the dining room. He then sat at the dining table and continued his drawing activities. Chioujen immediately sat down beside him to give descriptions of the girl they saw.

"Then, what happened next?" Yihshyong asked.

"The driver and passenger of the motorbike hastily stated that they were both in the wrong. Those people wanted to leave quickly. They said that they had very important business at the moment."

"What about the driver of the car?"

"The police asked the man some questions. It turns out he is your neighbor here!"

"Our neighbors?" Yihshyong said.

"He lives next door." Jinqkang pointed to the house to the right of their house.

"You mean Mr. Horngshi Gauchyh?" Iren asked.

"Yes, Sir! He introduced himself by that name," said Jinqkang.

"I didn't know he had a car. I've never even seen him drive a car," Yihshyong said.

"He said earlier that it was a rental car. Tomorrow he wants to go out of town," said Jinqkang.

"Before you came, no cars stopped at the house next door," said Iren. "I don't know when he brought the car home."

"Then what next?" Yihshyong asked.

"After getting the affidavit he needed from the police, right away, he went to return the car to the car rental. He was afraid the accident had caused some damage that might get him into trouble if he took the car out of town. So, he wanted the car rental company to replace it with another car. He didn't want to take risks," said Jinqkang.

"Then did the two people who rode the motorbike also leave immediately?" asked Chioujen.

"Yes, Sir! The motorbike wasn't damaged either. Since both parties didn't want to prolong the problem, the police let both parties go."

"What are their facial expressions like?" Gongshi, who had been silently enjoying his meal, suddenly made a sound.

"They seemed relieved when the police let them go," replied Jinqkang.

"Is it really the motorcyclist's fault?" Gongshi asked another question.

"I don't know, Sir! I was talking to the police when it happened. We were just looking outside when the clerk at the grocery store screamed.”

"Are those two wearing orange and purple jackets?" Gongshi's constant questioning made Yihshyong feel that there was something else Gongshi knew. It seemed that Gongshi wasn't just curious about the incident.

There's something else!

"Right, Sir! How did you know?"

“Earlier, when I entered this housing complex, I did not immediately find this house. I circled this housing complex four times before finally arriving in front of this house.“

Earlier, he hadn’t talked about it at all.

“When I was driving around in circles, I saw a motorbike being ridden by a person in an orange jacket. He was riding with someone wearing a purple jacket. They were also circling the roads within this housing complex. I didn’t know they were lost or, like me, were looking for a house here.”

Is that all?

0