Chapter 253 : Nangong Iren
141 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iren and the others got into the car. Jinqkang sat in the front seat, next to Gongshi. Yihshyong and Iren sat in the back seat. Yihshyong sat down with Songfei's bag on his lap. They waved to Chioujen, who was standing tall behind the fence.

"Be careful at home!" Yihshyong said.

Chioujen nodded. He smiled, even though his smile looked a little strange. Maybe he actually wanted to come along.

"Sir!" Yihshyong said to Gongshi. "Now start the car, Sir!"

"Excuse me, Sir!" Gongshi said. "The seat belt."

Iren and Yihshyong haven't put their seat belts on yet.

"Sorry, Sir! We're not used to it yet," said Yihshyong.

The two of them then quickly put on their seat belts. Indeed, in this city, people who sit in the back seat of the car were not used to wearing seat belts. The government also didn't seem to force people to wear them. They only take action against people who didn't wear seat belts in the front seats. It's not even on all roads. For small streets, usually the police will pretend not to see such violations.

"Where are we going to, Sir?" Gongshi asked.

"We're going to Chyhjoong Park," Yihshyong said.

"Yes, Sir!" Gongshi answered in a steady voice.

The car drove away from their house. They looked to their left. Chioujen was still standing tall behind the fence. He still waved his hand. Yihshyong and Iren waved back.

As the vehicle slowly drifted away from their house, Yihshyong and Iren turned their bodies around while waving their hands. As the car turned, they could no longer see Chioujen. Yihshyong slowly lowered his hand. His face looked tense. Even though he tried to hide it, the lines of worry couldn't completely disappear from his face.

At this hour, traffic was usually very heavy in Pyngyuan. Many Pyngyuan residents work in places that were some distance away. The trip home after a day immersed in work usually took a lot of time. Vehicles crawling at dusk were a common sight they saw throughout Pyngyuan. But this twilight felt different. Traffic was not that heavy. It even tended to run smoothly. The car they were traveling in did not even stop, except in front of a traffic light.

"It's a big bump today," said Iren.

"Yes! Maybe this afternoon's explosion of light also played a part," Yihshyong said.

Iren turned to Yihshyong. "Played a part? What do you mean?"

"Earlier, I glimpsed the news on television about the unrest of the employees living in Pyngyuan. Many of them worked in other areas of this big city. They were afraid that their families somehow became victims. So they urged the company they worked to give them permission to go home early today. So it's possible that the traffic jam was around three or four o'clock."

"Earlier, when you came to our house, was there a traffic jam on the road?" Jinqkang asked Gongshi.

"Yes, Sir! Indeed, the traffic flow was a little more congested than usual," Gongshi replied.

"Shyongge, then your guess is probably right," Chioujen said.

"How's Dahge doing?" Iren asked. "I try not to think about it. But I can't. I think about it all the time. It's automatic."

"I think that's natural," Yihshyong said. "If we manage not to think about it at all, it's possible that there's something wrong with us."

0